Trying This Supplement

@porwest (32835)
For a while I have been seeing the commercials on TV for a product called Super Beets, and I kind of wanted to try it. But it's VERY expensive stuff. But as I get older I do feel my energy level is less, and of course I do not feel as good now at 47 as I did at 17, 27, or 37. So, I have been making subtle changes. Today, when I was at Walmart, I decided to try a different brand of this beet product, and it is much less expensive at around $15 for 30 days supply. I will start using it and see if I notice any difference, and if I do I will keep taking it. Have you found any supplements that work well for you?
I loathe beets.They are awful ugh.No thanks
@porwest (32835)
Apparently this supplement does not taste like beets at all. It's supposedly cherry flavored. That being said, I actually like beets. But I was not always that way. When I met my wife she often ate beets and I turned up my nose. And then I would make some now and again so she could have them, and eventually came to be fond of them. But they have to be canned. I cannot eat fresh beets.
@porwest I can not imagine canned beets?
@porwest (32835)
@paigea They are actually pretty good. I cannot eat fresh beets. They taste like dirt. lol
@1creekgirl (22896)
Let us know if you see any benefit. I use several supplements and I do know Biotin (B7) has helped my hair thicken up some.
@porwest (32835)
Hmm. The only thing I know about my hair is it has become completely gray. lol. Ugh. The worst part for me is that it is a dirty gray. My brother in law has such nice white and gray. But mine is an ugly, dirty gray.
@1creekgirl (22896)
@porwest I have two words for you. Hair color.
@porwest (32835)
@1creekgirl To me it is unmanly to dye hair. But that's probably just me.
Enjoy. I hope it does what you need it to. Not lately.
@porwest (32835)
I will see. I took the first 'dose' today. It definitely tastes like beets with a little hint of cherry. It was interesting to say the least. I stomached it. I marked it on my calendar and will report back in a week to see if there is any 'change' or 'effect.' I guess the only good thing is the older I get the more conscious, aware, and concerned about my health I become. I am not getting any younger, and I want to be around for a very long time.
@porwest That's good you're interested in your health. I'm glad you could stomach it.
@porwest (32835)
@just4him The older I get the more aware of my mortality I become, and since health is so important for life... I suppose it just makes sense to me.
Well, I have not tried a supplement yet. Would be nice if the one you purchased gave you some extra energy.
@porwest (32835)
A lot of this stuff, as I have found through the years, is generally more hype than help. But I am willing to at least give it a go and see. I WILL say, one of the times I felt THE absolute most healthy was when I was juicing in my late 20s. I did it for about two years and stopped, mainly because it was SOOOO expensive. I could juice three apples, 4 carrots, a kiwi fruit, a banana and get about 2 ounces of juice. lol That might be a bit of an exaggeration. But I just know it cost a fortune to juice all that stuff, and while it made me feel good, my wallet was busting at the seams.
@porwest I would go for low-energy over busting my wallet. Who knows? The beet supplement just might work.
@porwest (32835)
@Corbin5 We will see. Remind me to post about a week later to see how it is going. I am going to start it tomorrow.
Chocolate works well for me.
@porwest (32835)
How in the world did you arrive at chocolate in this?
@porwest Haha - chocolate improves any situation. I'm surprised you didn't know that.
@porwest (32835)
@JudyEv So, I have been told. lol
@LindaOHio (49319)
Let us know how it works (or doesn't work) for you. I take Calcium, Vitamin D3, a Senior Vitamin and Fish Oil for my dry eye. They all serve their purposes.
@porwest (32835)
They do, and although none of them are necessarily proven, I still take what I think is good for this thing or that thing. Right now I take vitamin C, vitamin D, a multi, N.A.C., and now this beet stuff. I may add Omega-3 into the mix as well.
@LindaOHio (49319)
@porwest Sounds like a plan. I think I may go back to Flaxseed Oil for my dry eye. It seems to work better. (along with the prescription drops)
Good luck with it
@porwest (32835)
Thanks. Been on it for 3 days so far not including today. I will post if I notice any "effect." Now, if I could just find something to fix my damn back. lol
@thelme55 (53781)
I prefer eating beets than taking supplements. I only take magnesium supplements.
@porwest (32835)
Most of the time I'd prefer getting the nutrients straight from the source as well. But I think sometimes it is harder. In the case of this supplement one serving is essentially three beets. It would be unlikely I would eat three beets AND eat them every single day. Not sure if it is nutritional overall. But we'll see.
@Nakitakona (36501)
What beats can do for man's health? I don't know that. Mine supplements are vitamin C and B complex.
Cool! I am glad to read about this. I just bought a bottle of something similar from Amazon, a BEET ROOT that is supposed to assist with breathing better, stamina and endurance. I have NOT yet used it. Let me know what you think about this, if you can. I have used "super greens' that feel like they give me a little bit of energy (and clean my guts out - sorry for the TMI). Lol.
• Santiago, Chile
Depending on the kind of body I would like to have I would decide whether drinking supplements or not. They're indeed so good to build up muscles, however you have to work out so you can see further results. Good luck with that!
I haven't tried any supplements. However, I ate beets every day for about three weeks as I didn't want to preserve them. Didn't notice more energy
Beets are good for you. I have a product I take when I remember to. I even have a reminder on Alexa to take it.