A Sun~day

We are nearing the end of beautiful weather here in the Northeast of the USA. Soon the beautiful leaves will be off the trees until springtime. Today I believe we played our last game of golf, too. We enjoyed playing with our son and his girlfriend, but now what will we do when the weather turns bad? Our younger son refuses to enter our home for fear of giving us the virus if he is a carrier. He told us that he would never forgive himself if anything happened to us. I guess we will bundle up in heavy coats, scarves, hats, gloves, and warm boots for visits. Do you let people, even family, into your homes during the pandemic?
@TheSojourner (30860)
I have only let RGD in, as I know his habits. I trust him as if we were still living together.
Who is RGD? Sorry. Out of the loop.
@DianneN My friend, who I married back in the 80s, but we split in 96. We are still friends.
@id_peace (12913)
I do let my family and friends into the house during pandemic but it is not often.
You are brave. My son’s girlfriend and my grandkids came inside in their masks to use our bathroom. That’s it.
@id_peace (12913)
In my country, the local transmission these days are barely more than 5. I do not foresee a chance of a second wave reaching my country. At least not for now.
@id_peace That is such great news! You are so lucky!
@thelme55 (56788)
My son is coming here and my friend but they are also careful. The end already of our warm weather. Goodnight for me.
Thanks and goodnight.
@thelme55 (56788)
@DianneN You are welcome. I hope you have a nice Monday,
I don't mind if family comes over, but I'm cautious about anyone else.
We all wear masks and social distance.
@kanuck1 (2407)
That's a beautiful picture! Right now, I try to keep my distance from everyone. I do talk to my family regularly during the week but I visit no-one unless it's an emergency. Sad but we must protect those we love and even those that are strangers!
Thanks, Ken. Good for you. We feel the same. Some think I’m overdoing it, but tough tooies to them. We want to live and remain healthy as you do.
@kanuck1 (2407)
@DianneN I have been in the hospital a few times and I have better places where I prefer to spend my time!
@kanuck1 So sorry to hear that, but you don't want to be there now, especially with covid.
@kobesbuddy (112155)
• East Tawas, Michigan
One friend came into our living room for about three minutes. I wanted Paul to see our gas fireplace insert. He was hesitant to come in, then felt it wouldn't hurt. The stone mason refuses to come indoors, to do our stone facing. Yet, he said the front of the house, is fine.
No one is allowed in our home, not even our friends or family. I did allow my younger son's gf and grandkids into the house to use our bathroom, but they wore masks and went back outside immediately. I had no choice in the matter and couldn't let them suffer. At least it was warm and all our doors and windows were opened then. Our deck workers were told they couldn't use our facilities. They understood.
@kobesbuddy (112155)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@DianneN Jay asked me to pick up some bar soap at Karen's home. I told him no, I refuse to go insider her house. She makes glycerin bars, we love. Karen sells this soap at Farmer's Market outdoors on Sat.
@kobesbuddy Can't you have her leave them outside your door?
@Cheyee (3378)
• Pakanbaru, Indonesia
Yeah, my husband lol. My husband is policeman, so yeah going outside everyday. Contacts with some people. Our government make some new law about workers lately. Most of workers don't feel happy about it, so yeah demonstration everywhere, and my husband one of the policeman who's taking care them. I am seriously worry about him, but job is job.
I understand and hope he wears a mask and social distances as much as possible. He has a tough job under any circumstance.
@Cheyee (3378)
• Pakanbaru, Indonesia
@DianneN he does wear a mask. But social distance is a hard. You know how demonstration can get really rough. Pushing, hitting, punching
@Cheyee Oh, yes. And those demonstrators don’t wear masks. I’d be so worried,Brooklyn.
@sallypup (41506)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Before the Pandemic very few people came to our house. A friend is a contractor. He has been in our house for most of a day as he worked our front floor then ate supper with us. But letting him in was a selective process.
It’s always a selective process. I allowed our son’s girlfriend and my grandkids into our house to use the bathroom. They wore masks. I certainly couldn’t say no to them. lol
@sallypup (41506)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@DianneN That sounds wise.
@Hate2Iron (14773)
We haven't had anyone in a long time. Our numbers keep climbing sadly!
Even ours are climbing. This is getting very old.
• Israel
@DianneN Your younger son is very thoughtful. I have had some people come here.
Yes, he is, thanks. I know about the workers you needed to have.
• Israel
@DianneN What workers are you talking about that I needed to come here? You are welcome.
@Hannihar New washer???
@jobelbojel (19850)
That is the toughest question. I think you son wanted you to be safe. I don't know if I will let them in if they are out and travelled from a place with high number of cases, I will tell them to not go and stay home in the meantime.
It is a tough question. It appears that some people are playing it safe, while others have been carrying on their normal lives and acting as if the virus isn't out there. No happy medium.
@jobelbojel (19850)
@DianneN the virus is not yet done my friend. Look at Poland. Their daily report was like less than 100 cases. This month it ballooned to 15,000 cases in one day.
@jobelbojel I saw that on the news! Poland is in huge trouble!!!!!
@ptrikha_2 (27394)
So far we have been restrictive, and kind of even refused some. We did had to get a few repair folks get in, but did heavy sanitization afterwards. Winters won't be much different though we cannot wash with as much ease as in summers. We need to do more with warm water and avoid getting cold.
I know how careful you are. The cold weather will make it difficult for all of us.
@ptrikha_2 (27394)
@DianneN Yes, a big challenge. I do have a Jacket that I could use as one for Grocery shopping and hang it in one place. Yet there would be some more considerations. Hand wash could be a bigger challenge when water turns icy cold in the extreme winters. May be I would also need to make some special water arrangements.
@ptrikha_2 (27394)
@DianneN It is not as if I have not faced cold weather before. Yet for me, cold and extreme cold conditions do make some difference. And well, extreme cold for me is Mins of around 2-3 C!
@nawala123 (21167)
some friend n neighbour vist us, but only few
That's good. The scary thing is that we do not know who may be a carrier.
@nawala123 (21167)
@DianneN yeah, but its hard for me to say "no entry"
@nawala123 They should understand by now.
@Lushlala (4087)
• Gaborone, Botswana
That's so considerate of your son I feel the same way and haven't seen my dad since the pandemic hit. We rarely let people into our house now.
We entertained him, his girlfriend, and our family on our deck. We all wore masks until it was time to eat, but we distanced ourselves from each other. So far it worked. You are wise to keep away from your father. I'm sure you miss each other so much, but it's the safest thing to do for the ones we love.
@Lushlala (4087)
• Gaborone, Botswana
@DianneN Aww that was lovely - and so good that you guys observed all safety protocols. I wouldn't expect any less from you, anyway I have to - my day just turned 74 and while he's fairly healthy, I don't want to put him at risk. Plus I live in the capital city, which is our epicentre. I miss him and the rest of my family desperately but have made peace with it all
@Lushlala Thank you! Smart girl for not wanting to put your dad at risk. The problem is that many of us do not know if we are carriers. That's the scary part!!!
excellent share in your country winter make people stay at home. In India winter is loved by everyone. In Kolkata temperature never goes below 9 degree celsius so we go for picnic during this time.
You are lucky to be able to enjoy much nicer weather where you are.
@DianneN Thanks Dianne I studied in Case School of Law, Ohio, USA, Cleveland. I stayed there for 1 and a half year. Excepting the month of May, June and July, it always used to rain or snow. November was full of snow.
@DianneN Thanks Dianee. Your heading is sunday. I love the morning sunday. But when it ends I feel bad, a new week with lot of work is followed.
MY sister comes into my house everytime she takes me to the doctor every two weeks without a mask and sometimes to have dinner from her favorite pizza place like she did today) and we let in the plumber a couple of months ago and we told him he didn't have to wear his mask. My brother in law came in once and we ate dinner he and my sister picked up on the way to my house before he fixed my front door that was sticking. but we aren't celebrating Thanksgiving as a family ar my sister's house this year. that is a little too many people for my tastes. i will eat a turkey lunch meat sandwich and put gravy on it and make stuffing and open a can of cranberry sauce and call it a holiday!
Hopefully, you aren't carriers of the virus and don't infect innocent people.
@DianneN i didn't mean to sound like i am going out to a lot of places. i go out once every two weeks to my injection. and the grocery store. i wear a mask and i talk to some people but not nearly as many as i used to talk to.mostly just the cashiers. yesterday the shortest checkout line in the grocery store had a nurse or doctor in scrubs in front of me so i stood 12 feet apart just as a precaution. in case she was around covid patients. i.have to go out twice two weeks for now though as.i have to see my primary care doctor as he gives me two of my three heart medicines prescriptions and i don't have any refills and i need those pills. i didn't tell.you i take my temperature several times a day. have s super day today!!!
• Semarang, Indonesia
So sad realizing that we have to be apart to those we loved, right . Your soon is doing good, but honestly I can be apart to my family . I often cheating to visit my sister in other city, but off course with very tight health protocol
It's very sad, but we did entertain the kids out on our deck during the summer. Now that it's getting cold here, it won't be as easy. My husband suggested using our garage and heating it, so that may be a good option. I'm sure you and your sister do everything necessary to protect each other.
• Semarang, Indonesia
@DianneN yes we have to protect each other. You and your husband have a good option to face it all
@nitsbubb (1127)
• Pune, India
Wow, your son surely is a mature guy! But, it is really very sad if he does not enter our house! But, you are lucky to have such a great family who understands the importance of hygiene! He is absolutely right! Seldom have I called anyone, nor anyone has called me (close relatives) in the past three months. Even they know the importance of taking care of their beloved!
The smart ones play it safe!
@nitsbubb (1127)
• Pune, India
@DianneN Yes, and more than that - Caring!
@Shiva49 (17595)
I have lived all my life in places where it does not get too cold. I know many love the seasons and know how to be ready to weather and even enjoy them. It is wiser to maintain safe distancing, wear masks etc. even when our dear ones visit us. The older generation is advised to follow reverse quarantine too.
I only live here where the seasons change, because I was raised here and where most of my family lives. We do have a place in sunny, warm Florida, but refuse to travel there this year due to the virus. We arr following all protocols to the best of our ability. My husband forgets himself sometimes, but I keep an eye out for him and an eye on him!
@Shiva49 (17595)
@DianneN Yes, another reason to keep a close watch on your husband! I know about your annual visit to your Florida home and the osprey. Yeah, this virus has been a bummer for all.
@Shiva49 Thanks, Shiva.
@CarolDM (102936)
I have only a few visitors most of the time anyway. Neighbors are visited in the yard or porch without the pandemic.
That's good to hear. Stay safe!
@CarolDM (102936)
@DianneN Always.