Good Monday Morning MyLot

Well hello everyone, My good it is a gloomy Monday here, cold and rainy. It's 50 degrees. I hope everyone had a productive or at least restful weekend. I went to Irene's for breakfast Saturday, it was stuffed crepes with strawberries day and I stay through 4 ages of Scabble and lunch. That was about all I did outside the house. I watched church Sunday morning, made a very nice lunch with Angus sirloin tips, friend mushroom and roasted baby potatoes. I wrote a little, played games on my phone and binge-watched Sister Wives. I did some Christmas shopping on QVC. They had free shipping and Rakuten was offering a 10% rebate on QVC so it was worthwhile. Today I boiled eggs for breakfast and made sausage. I have swim exercise this afternoon. Tomorrow I will teach Jack. I finished putting away the summer clothes Randall the laundry I did last week. The new comforters I ordered arrived and they are as lovely as I thought they would be. I do love Laura Ashley.
Sounds like a lovely day. I need to go through my clothes Put some away, see what I have for winter and get rid of some. I lost weight 2 years ago. I got rid of some bigger clothes. I now have a very disorganized closet of various things that go with nothing Keep putting off dealing with it until I lose the rest of the weight. But that is not happening
lol Yes I have decided that the things I don't wear or don't fit can go and if I do lose more I will buy new clothes.
@BelleStarr Good plan. I need to go through carefully and see what I need to buy so that I can wear the various things that do fit. It is a mess in there. I have baggy clothes, tight clothes and only a few items just right.
@paigea lol It sounds like our wardrobe is like most peoples, we are a variety of sizes over the years.
I had to take down the warmer duvet, the nights are already cold and today is raining non stop.
I actually closed my window in the bedroom for the first time last night, just too cold.
@BelleStarr We had pouring rain during the nigh and the wind was blowing, I could hear the wind despite the windows closed and our double glasses.
@LadyDuck That is pretty typical for this time of year I am sure. I am not looking forward to the snow that is predicted for this Friday.
@jdbces (1934)
Your lunch photo made me hungry :)
Thank you I cooked the steak in castiron.
@jdbces (1934)
@BelleStarr It's heavy but a good one for steak! :)
Great day
Yah pretty much the normal day for me.
• Walnut Creek, California
My comforter is my best friend!
I do love a good comforter as well. Many a warm night has been had!!
• Walnut Creek, California
@BelleStarr I lve it when the air in my rooms cool (maybe 63 F) and I'm toasty and warm under my comforter.
@TheHorse I use mine all year too I keep it cool In the summer
@LindaOHio (51972)
You've been a busy little bee! I'm glad you liked the comforters. All we did yesterday was get our flu shots and go to the bank.
We got our flu shots about couple weeks ago so one less thing to worry about
@LindaOHio (51972)
@BelleStarr Good girl!
It's cols and grey here too, I don't think I will venture outside much. Enjoy your swim.
Thank you it was a vigorous workout . More tomorrow. I have been in England in November and it was by far gloomier than January
@BelleStarr That's true.
Nasty day here, too, but I'm cozy.
I wouldn't want you any other way!! I am actually cozy too after going out to the Y for exercise and a quick stop at the grocery to grab the couple of things I forgot last week.
@BelleStarr Cozy is good on days such as these.
That's great. Have a wonderful Monday. Nice you njoyed your weekend
Thank you. I hope you had a good weekend too.
@BelleStarr yes it was fine thanks
@CarolDM (103312)
Stuffed crepes is a favorite. Enjoy your day.
They were really good. She is a very good cook.
Your lunch suonds great!
It was so good, I did the potatoes in the air fryer on roast and then air fired the mushrooms. I finished the mushrooms in the steak pan to give them the flavor, it was excellent.
• Israel
By Belle Starr (Iz) @BelleStarr Sounds like you had a nice time out and your lunch sounds good. I think I saw Sister Wives but cannot remember. If did it was quite some time ago. I am so glad your new comforters arrived and you are happy with them. Did it take long for them to get to you?
Actually no it only took about 4 days which is pretty darn quick these days.
• Israel
@BelleStarr It sounds like 4 days is not a long time.
@Hannihar no I was happy with the delivery time
I love steak tips with mushrooms, they are delicious. We had our son and daughter-in-law in yesterday for a steak barbeque. With the time change this upcoming weekend, it may be our last evening barbeque until we spring forward.
I never barbecue, John our sil was the grilled. Al really doesn’t cook at all anymore. I can imagine what a great day it was for you guys. Ugh I hate the thought of the time change.
@BelleStarr It was a bittersweet day yesterday. I missed the kids, and was so happy to have them here. A couple of hours before they arrived we received the sad news that an uncle of mine passed away. It affected me stronger then I thought that it would, but I was close with his kids. Our son told me that he, my hubby and my Dad never liked that uncle. Talking like that the day that he passed is not respectful and bothers me still today. Some thing should be left unsaid.
@Juliaacv I am giving you a hug, I am sure it was not meant as disrespect but these days everyone wants to say everything and somethings I agree are best unsaid. You only need to remember how much this uncle meant to you and cherish that.
i wish we'd been that warm monday 'n not subjected to freezin' fog/sleet. no ma'am, not very productive here nor restful. these shall too pass. glad ya got out'ta the house fer a bit. got to 'njoy mr. irene's company. dang, don't recall the last time i've played scrabble?? the hubs refuses to play any games 'xcept with my mind. he's findin' those not's successful's'n the past. the thoughts 'f swimmin' jest don't 'ppeal to me any time 'f year, but know yerself 'n others 'njoy that sort'a thingy. will need to find me some 'ndoor dryland 'xercise to do 'fore too long 'r face the winter 'fluffies', lol. thrilled yer comforters met yer 'xpectations.
I love my Monday exercise it is so challenging image standing on a pool noodle in 6 ft of water balancing and doing squats!! Many a flip on those lol
@BelleStarr ya do what??? oh heavens no! not fer love nor money. i can swim to survive, that'd be the end'f my gettin' 'nto waters, lol. i 'magine lots 'f flippin'! uhm, no thanks. i tend to do that'n dry land with nothin' but earth 'neath my feet.
@campost (72)
That sounds like a wonderful day! What I would give for it to be rainy and cold here where I live. I cannot stand the heat! Now, I'm craving some pan seared steak!
It was very good steak
@BelleStarr I may have to go home after work and make me one!
Mm sausage. I need to make some in the next few days. Yay for shopping and food that sounds delicious
Yah my pantry is bulging
@kafryan (76)
• Jakarta, Indonesia
its looks so tasted! and makes me feel hungry haha hope you eat well today!
We did enjoy it very much
It sounds like you have had a busy day.
A normal day for me and actually pretty quiet for the last three. Things start to pick up at this point.
@Elizaby (6508)
• Pensacola, Florida
It was sunny and warm for most of the day. Watching the tropic once again as Zeta is heading towards the area
I know I saw that, will this season never end!!!
Hmmmm, sirloin tips sounds so very very good. Oh well, I guess I'll have sardines instead
They were good I seered the meat to seal in the juices.