Horrible Day At the Dentist... Turns Around

@Hate2Iron (15010)
This morning I had a dental appointment. I haven't had one thanks to Covid since everything closed down. It's been a while!!  Our dentist opened up the minute that she was allowed and people flocked to get an appointment. We just  managed to get to see her today. Now as far as cleanings go, I HATE THEM!   I would rather have a filling or two, so you have an idea how much I was looking forward to this morning. Now on the positive side, I told her that I want to be frozen for the cleaning. A year's worth of tartar was kind of creeping me out and she instantly agreed but suggested using a topical first. Okay, I've been down that road before and the gel is never strong enough and I made sure that she knew it.  She chose this red topical and went to work. I was ready for the pain... but when she began the cleaning... I FELT NOTHING!  The appointment flew by and I felt no pain at all!!!None at all!!  I still can't get over that! I do have to go back on Saturday for a filling that need replacing, but that is it!  This has to be my best experience ever!! What are your feelings when it comes to your dentist?? Have you been as lucky as I was today??
I go twice a year for cleaning and I never feel pain, I had a bad experience the past January when the dentist pulled out a wisdom tooth, I had an infection and it was not funny.
@LindaOHio (55383)
I'm glad it was painless for you. My dentist doesn't offer anything for cleaning.
@Nakitakona (40746)
I have also undergone some oral prophylaxis and it's not painful for my teeth didn't have a strong tartar for I never smoke or drink.
no ma'am, can't say i've e'er been lucky 't the dentists, lol. i'm sittin' here tryin' to recall my last dentist visit, 1993?? yup, been a loooong time. hopefully yer fillin' replacement 'll go jest's well.
@wolfgirl569 (35240)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad it went well.
I always find cleanings quite painful. I'm glad yours went well. Maybe they are using a different, stronger product.
@rakski (74479)
We are trying to get appointment for December
@PatZAnthony (14727)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
I did not know there was such an option when having teeth cleaned. Glad it helped you. I don't think I've ever felt pain when having my teeth cleaned.
i dislike going to the dentist
@kaylachan (10704)
I haven't been to a dentist in 17 years. The last time I saw one, was when I first moved here. When I go, I usually wound up feeling sick as a result. So, no. I don't go. I won't until/unless it becomes necessary.
@CarolDM (109756)
I have worked in dentist offices in the past. Have no fear at all. I don't enjoy them but no fear. Glad you got it done.
I hate going to dentists and never actually got to know any of them. I did have to have a tooth pulled a while back but that's all I signed up for.