OMG! Someone Plagiarized Me!

Imagine my shock reading one of my own posts from last year, then another, and then a third! All word for word with no photos. The forth “discussion” was one belonging to a friend on whose post I commented on. I reported and messaged @GoAskAlice not knowing who to contact and complain to. I then blocked this 19 year old newbie. Grrrrrrr
@GoAskAlice (5027)
• Tokelau
Sadly, this is something which happens from time to time. I rely a lot on the sharp eyes and good memories of members here to alert me when they spot someone copying and pasting other members' posts, whether they are discussions, responses or comments, and passing them off as their own. Such people are dismissed as quickly as possible and not allowed to return!
Thank you! You did a mighty fine and fast job of it. My question is, would hitting the "Report" icon under the comment section be enough to alert you as to what has happened?
• Tokelau
@DianneN Probably not, because there's no way to add a note with our reporting system. It's best to send a PM, preferably with the URL of the post which was copied so that I can compare the two.
@GoAskAlice Thanks again. I hope I never have to report anyone again.
It doesn’t even make sense to copy someone when it only takes a little time to write a post. What a loser!!
I agree and the loser is gone!!!! Can you imagine how I felt reading my own post and thinking how similar this person and I were?
@DianneN lol o have had many of my real travel articles plagiarized over the years sometimes multiple times. It is. Wry frustrating!!
@BelleStarr It is more than frustrating. It's an invasion of privacy and illegal. One of the presidents of our local university was fired for plagiarizing an article.
I still don't get why some people feel they have to do that . I hope that person got the boot!!
I'm still upset, but @FourWalls made me laugh my head off. Administration did a wonderful job of banning that idiot within seconds it seems.
@DianneN She's so right ! Oh I'm glad that person was banned - good riddens - we don't need copy and paste opportunists here!
@much2say Exactly!
@FourWalls (30169)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I Have to tell you, I get suspicious when a newbie shows up, no discussions, no comments, no replies, no likes, and follows 114 people. You can’t help but think they’re stealing your work...if not posting it here, then somewhere else. Of course, most of those people are from other countries, and I suppose some 17-year-old from Indonesia talking about a trip to New York City to see their grandkids would tip a few people off..... The staff here is fabulous in dealing with the spammers and plagiarizers.
You gave me the laugh I needed! I lucked out finding this idiot. All my posts were old ones from Florida. When I was reading one, I was surprised at how similar our befiefs and expressions were until it hit me. Yes, the staff got rid of that person within seconds it seemed. They are wonderful at what they do.
Lol.
• Mt. Vernon, New York
They will get what is coming to them.
Yes, that idiot is banned!!!! No pay day for him!
I'm sorry that happened. It's good you picked it up and I love how quick they are to fix up such stuff.
Thanks. It was a miracle that I found it. Hats off to our administration!
@DianneN They are really so on the ball.
• Midland, Michigan
I agree that would be strange seeing my own for of thoughts looking like they were written by a newer user. I don't read too many newbies so I might be missing some of that myself
This was my first experience and I hope never to see it again. At least that idiot is banned now.
• Midland, Michigan
@DianneN good thing you found it when you did.
@MarshaMusselman True, and who knows how many times that's happened without me ever knowing???
That is so pathetic. I'm so glad you caught that I rarely read anything other then those I follow so I might not even have noticed if I were in your shoes. I'm sure they will be banned and hopefully their ip or whatever it's called will be banned too so they can't come back creating a new name.
I was lucky to come across this idiot and shocked out of my mind when reading my own old post from Florida no less. Yes, that person is banned and administration did it in a few seconds!
@DianneN that’s awesome they took care of it so quickly.
@shaggin I agree. That's another good thing about myLot.
Wow! I'm glad you reported the person. I'd be upset too if I saw my posts plagiarized.
Administration did a fine job getting rid of that idiot in record time! Still upset.
@DianneN I'm glad they did. I would be upset too.
@xFiacre (8832)
@diannen Well they say mimmickry is the highest form of flattery so they must have thought you good enough to copy. Infuriating though. Now I’m off to see if I can find any of my own stuff hijacked.
I never liked being copied in anything, so this didn't flatter me either. I wish you the best of luck hunting down your hijackers and if you see a post from Asia about visiting their grandkids in New York City, please let me know.
That's a good one.
I’m glad that you caught them.
Me, too! That idiot is gone now thanks to our wonderful staff!
@DianneN that’s great to hear
Good grief! Years ago another mylotter alerted me someone was plagiarizing my posts. It's not hard to come up with a discussion. There is no need to copy.
Sorry that happened to you, too. I agree!!!
@CarolDM (108574)
It has happened to me many times. Glad Admin was on top of things.
This was the first time I've noticed it happening to me. I'm still shaking, but administration banned that idiot in seconds!
@PatZAnthony (14701)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Many of us have had this happen on several sites over the years. It seems certain people think no one will notice.
This is the very first time I have noticed. It shocked the heck out of me. He is banned now.
@dya80dya (22726)
I am not surprised. Your posts are always the ones with the most answers. And some people think that they also will receive lots of answers. But it's annoying when this happens. You did the right thing.
Thanks so much. That idiot is now banned.
It is a good thing that you found them!
He happened to respond again to a post, and when I returned the favor there was my stupid old post. All three were from when we were in Florida and only pertained to me. What a banned idiot he is!
@kobesbuddy (115738)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I wonder how in the heck they think no one will notice! Especially on the Internet, where things are visible to the entire world Yes, I've had this done and it upset me
This was the first time I found out about it. Could still be happening for all I know by other cheaters and scammers. Sorry it happened to you, too. It seems to be one of the greatest problems of the internet.
@kobesbuddy (115738)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@DianneN The girl was taking my poetry and publishing it on another site. Then, she took writing from the other site, to publish on My Lot How do I remember this? Her name was Aubrey, the same as my granddaughter.
@kobesbuddy Wow! How nasty! No wonder you remember her name. Glad you discovered what she was doing.
@Tina30219 (61607)
• Onaway, Michigan
So sorry this happened to you Glad it was taken care of.
Thanks. Me, too.
@Tina30219 (61607)
• Onaway, Michigan
@DianneN Glad it was taken care of
@sophie09 (33908)
that is really stupid that this person copy your post. is he still on mylot? or his account got deleted already?
Such a moron he was. He was banned within what seemed like seconds. Buh-bye to the idiot!
@sophie09 (33908)
@DianneN lol what was he thinking to join this site but copy someones post
• Peoria, Arizona
They do say that imitation is the best form of flattery. It is so silly to steal work, like it really isn't that hard to make a post. Like...just talk about food and everyone goes wild haha Some people are just lazy and silly.
You certainly got that right. Well, the idiot is gone now.