They Lied to Me

So some of you might remember me talking about moving apartments, from one building in my complex to another that was supposed to be renovated. Guess what? Yes, they lied. And they won't let me even see the apartment until the day I move in. Uh, no. I might be too late to change apartment complexes now, but I'm not moving to a different apartment here when I don't know if it is worse. She promised me it would be better, but I can't take her word.They also wanted me to pay an additional $300 deposit. Really? No. However, I'm not going to get upset about it. I'm stuck here one more year, but at least I'll know I need to change apartment complexes completely next year. They had me feeling good, and while it didn't last being upset does not benefit me. A lot can change in a year, and maybe a nicer place will be available next year like maybe a place I know is completely filled now. By next year perhaps they'll have an opening. But it is disappointing.
@Deepizzaguy (45215)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I know how you feel about being lied to. Maybe something better will come out of your current situation in the future.
Thank you, I hope so.
@Deepizzaguy (45215)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@AmbiePam It is always darkest before the dawn if life.
• Mt. Vernon, New York
People thought that was crazy when my building said the same thing to me before I moved in here. I signed the paperwork and waited 30 days to get to see the unit. when I walked in I jumped for joy and been here ever since. Recently I turned down a unit for the same reason I wanted to see it. I recently learned from someone that got in that it was worth the wait and more. I do understand and like you said it can be better next year. As long as you are sheltered keep moving on.
Thanks, Sharon.
That would be very frustrating. Would it do any good to complain to the management company?
No, I don't think so. I once asked a previous manager if she could get the management company's info so I could brag on her. She said even she didn't know how to get a hold of them. But you know, now that you mention it, it wouldn't hurt to try to find the information again. Thanks.
@AmbiePam YW, I hope it helps.
I'm sorry they lied to you. I hope next year you find a very nice place for less money.
Thank you, Valerie.
@AmbiePam You're welcome.
@LindaOHio (58184)
I wouldn't take an apartment that I couldn't see. There must be a reason you can't see it!
Exactly!
@AmbiePam That would be like buying a car you didnt get to see or drive. Heck no!
It makes no sense to ask you for an additional deposit and not even let you check the apartment before moving. You did the right thing to refuse.
I feel better with so many of you backing me up.
@AmbiePam They were not clear, it was not the case to take risks.
5h
No way would I ever take an apartment I couldn’t see first. Forget about it!
18h
What a terrible company, I wouldn’t trust them either.
• Midland, Michigan
I don't understand why they have to lie about such matters. I would doubt that anyone would take it under those circumstances. At least now that it will be getting warmer maybe those with dogs will take their animals on a walk to do their business rather than using the yard only.
It certainly is disappointing when you thought you could move into a renovated apartment but not being able to see it sounds fishy. You're right that a lot can change in a year.
It's awful and a great shame that they weren't honest with you. But hopefully something better will come up. It does happen.
I would never rent a place without seeing it first, it is wrong Hope that next year will be better for you
It doesn't seem logical or fair to ask someone to pay extra for something that they will not see until it is theirs. No-No.
I agree, I would like to see it
I think you did the best by staying where you are.
@eileenleyva (21729)
Deceiving people is really infuriating. Here's hoping you manage a year with the apartment you are in. Check the next one carefully and do not allow people to fool into something you do not deserve.