Can't Promise

@YrNemo (18875)
There is a time for everything. Two years ago, I would never thought of not signing in here daily, but Covid-19 and the chain reactions resulted from that, did the rest. These days, I am often either at work or sleep, or chasing after my young relatives' new cats to clean them up. (The big fat one has a weak tummy, while the pretty one likes to jump onto any areas she could, knocking things down.) I will try to sign in here more often, but can't promise, especially since my free time is never certain. (Whenever I thought I could take a rest, a new place would call me, their desperate situation often moved me enough to make me change my mind.) Hope you are all well (from Covid-19 and whatever else).
It has changed a lot since covid but not for me I have been here all along. You are right about those cats. Mine always knock stuff around.
@YrNemo (18875)
The cats here are only half a year old, but they are big like adult cats. Guess yours have good health? I don't know why this muscular fat cat of ours could be that bad with his digestive system. (I am hoping that with time, he would be better. His sister could eat anything and nothing would happen.)
@YrNemo Mine are not even 6 months yet and one is huge while tannine is little in weight. He stinks to high hell in the litter box and eats just about anything you offer him.
@YrNemo (18875)
@sharon6345 You are so lucky in having such a healthy male cat. This is my second male cat which has a bad digestive system. (He is desexed just like his sister, yet his excretes always smell dreadful. His sister is a proper and ideal domestic cat - she claws and scratches .)
@cherigucchi (11078)
Things change a lot lately. Hope you find more time here
@YrNemo (18875)
Life does have a lot of distractions.
@cherigucchi (11078)
@YrNemo SO trueee!
@Janet357 (70845)
glad to see you again. So many things have changed since the pandemic errupted
@YrNemo (18875)
let see if I could be back here more often... (cross my fingers here)
I am glad to see you back. I planned to spend less time online and then the Covid obliged us to stay at home, MyLot is a nice pastime. We are well, no health problems.
@YrNemo (18875)
It was funny really, there had been a time I planned to spend less time here, but that didn't happen (I got too addicted). The recent time, I had no intention to do so, but with bad internet connection (too many people stayed home due to Covid-19), or due to babysit/remote learning program of some of my young charges, I ended up having no time left to do anything. The internet is still not too good unfortunately. There was none just before.
@YrNemo We also have slower Internet during some hours of the day. I suppose it is because so many people are working from home. The next Monday the students go back to school, this should help.
@YrNemo (18875)
@LadyDuck I have a new problem lately. I can't use the internet very well (wifi) if I am at the other end of the house (I have to keep an eye on the naughty cats). The internet provider's tech people told me that my laptop might be too old - &/or some of my neighbors have stronger router than ours.
@m_audrey6788 (38788)
It`s ok. If you`re too busy offline much better. Enjoy your day there.
@YrNemo (18875)
How are you. I thought of you every now and then, wonder if life has been better and better with time for you there. (I read your first few posts ages ago.)
@YrNemo I got sick and experienced some depression. That`s why I went to a psychiatrist to help me out and understand what I`m going through. Good thing is there is this medication I`m taking now that helps me and now I`m back here mylotting I miss you all here too.
@YrNemo (18875)
@m_audrey6788 Glad to hear that all is good now for you. At the time, you just arrived to a foreign country too, am I right? How is your German now? I tried learning it when I was 16, not successful by the way.
We need to keep on being safe due to this covid. It is still uncertauin when we can be covid free.
@YrNemo (18875)
A worry isn't it. Suddenly we have this problem.
@YrNemo I agree. Who can we blame?
@YrNemo (18875)
@Shavkat We know who, but WHO says differently.
@DaddyEvil (37315)
I knew I hadn't seen you in a long time and wondered what had happened to you. My daughter and I are still doing fine. Covid is all around us but we have managed to stay away from it. We wear masks any time we go outside and never let others come into our house. I am happy to visit with you whenever you have time to come to myLot.
@YrNemo (18875)
wow you do have a very good memory. Everytime I did the gardening here, I would think, 'hmm, I should come in just to say hello, or people there might think that Covid-19 had finished me...' But you know how things are in real life, you turn around and around doing this and that, and by the time you remember, it was time you must sleep, to ready for the next day. (I missed calling my older relatives that way, many times too.)
@DaddyEvil (37315)
@YrNemo Oh, yes, I do understand. My daughter and I had to move a year and a half ago. We lived in the last house for over 22 years. The owner passed away so the family sold it. The new owner gave us a month to move out of his house. It was hard finding something at the time. We had been paying $385 USD a month for it. The house we found is half the size and we pay $450 USD for it. *sigh*
@YrNemo (18875)
@DaddyEvil Do you have to pay 3% to 5% rise in rent every few years? I read it somewhere that that often happens and that is why peple tend to move house every few years. (My relatives are nice, so I never had that problem.)
It’s so good to hear from you. You have been missed. We have avoided Covid-19 like the plague lol.
@YrNemo Way too many have passed away. Our former neighbor, too. We stuck pretty much to home. Online ordering for me and sanitizing everything that came into the house.
@YrNemo (18875)
@DianneN During 2020, there was a long period when I left things sending to us (from online shoppings) for a week or so, before opening any . I sprayed disinfectant on them too (just to be sure).
@YrNemo I still wait for a couple of days, spray, and wash my hands. It’s a routine I may keep from now on.
Happy to see you back and hope that you can come often to visit all of us!
@YrNemo (18875)
I had planned to be here several hours ago, but I found out there was no internet (again!). Now I remember why I couldn't get in many months ago.
@YrNemo Does it happen often?
@YrNemo (18875)
@marlina More and more lately. I was told our router might be the culprit (weak re: wifi).
I'm so glad to see you here again ! I hope you had been staying safe and well . . . we worry when people go off missing from here. Sounds like you've just been busy - and yep, that's the way life goes, and things sure got tossed up during covid - and well, still now. Please drop by whenever you can .
@YrNemo (18875)
Our internet recently was either weak or not working (they had to fix the main cable somewhere on our street). Looking back, that was part of the reason why I just not logged in any more (couldn't any way ). I thought of you and your family often. (I have been watching lots of KDramas, JDramas and CDramas lately - things I downloaded whenever I could and just watched them when there was no internet at all. A good way to learn about other cultures. )
@YrNemo Argh those technical issues! I hope that it all got fixed - it's like we are at the mercy of these cable companies when it comes to that. We had a lot of on and off times last year with the internet . . . we wondered if there was way too much internet traffic - the system just imploded . Ah, so you got into the Asian dramas (I got into C-singing shows and other cultural music related videos). You're right - such a great way to learn about other cultures - especially when we can't do any traveling whatsoever.
@YrNemo (18875)
@much2say Hope you are not upset with me, but I used to think Japanese movies and dramas were something so dark and difficult to understand. So I decided to investigate further. To my surprise, the detectives series etc they have, turned out to be quite funny and similar (good or even better) like the KDramas. Very pleased with this discovery.
great to 'see' ya, hon. relieved that thus far y'ave remained safe. been very tryin' times fer many, much sufferin'. i hear ya'n life havin' other plans. other times, the heart jest aint'n 't.
@YrNemo (18875)
Lovely to find you and almost everyone here not being affected by Covid-19. I thought of you and the creatures from around your yard often (especially the pretty birds you had shown us their pics - none (pretty birds) found in my backyard ever unfortunately, only crows!)
@YrNemo aw thanks, been a rough year'n a half fer me though not 'ntirely covid related. water draws the birds here 's well 's the feeders. sadly my pond pump quit last here, so no flowin' waters. 's diminished the birds comin' though 'tis still early spring. crows're beauties'n their own rights. get huge masses 'f 'em 't times out'n the pasture. i marvel 't how they work together.
@YrNemo (18875)
@crazyhorseladycx After reading about how crows having a good memory, and could tell each other to chase after a certain person who some crows happen to dislike, I have been more careful around them.
• Midland, Michigan
I got my second vaccine recently. I work in a grocery store but even then I've yet to be exposed to the virus. What is it your do for people when they call with a desperate situation?
@YrNemo (18875)
When a staff got some sort of accident, or needed to have urgent surgery done, those times would be considered as desperate .
• Midland, Michigan
@YrNemo I would agree I just didn't know who you were helping. Is it mostly coworkers then?
@YrNemo (18875)
@MarshaMusselman I work as a Supporting Staff in a certain field, so if a company needs me, they will call me. (I declined some, accepted some, that sort of thing. If I feel sorry for a place, I will kill myself a bit to help them out . It happened in the past when I ran like mad helping three places out for half a year. I had been conned once too by an old uni friend. I have learned since to be more careful these days.)
@jobelbojel (23161)
I have not seen you for awhile. Glad to see you again. I am not always here because of the work. I hope everything will be okay for all of us. By the way, I can be here more often because I am staying at home in my apartment.
@YrNemo (18875)
I was surprised too when I realized I just couldn't find the time (or had the internet) to get in here for that long a time. They seemed to have one issue after another with our local internet connection. (Your profile pic, is it a martial art gesture? Guess I watched too many martial art movies lately .)
@jobelbojel (23161)
@YrNemo Yes it is a martial art gesture. That is not my body though. It was a template I got from an app. It edited the face portion only.
@YrNemo (18875)
@jobelbojel Thanks for explaining.
@wolfgirl569 (39058)
• Marion, Ohio
Real life has to come first.
@YrNemo (18875)
I admire you. Compared to your busy life, I live such an easy one .
@wolfgirl569 (39058)
• Marion, Ohio
@YrNemo If you enjoy it, that is what matters
@YrNemo (18875)
@wolfgirl569 (I don't have the strength to do any hard work for too long I think. Iron deficiency!)
It's good to see you when you can be here.
@YrNemo (18875)
I planned to be here several hours ago, and you know what happened to me? No internet suddenly!!! Just got it back half an hour ago.
@YrNemo I'm sorry it went out.
@CarolDM (127036)
Take care of yourself.
@YrNemo (18875)
Thank you, you too (we all have to be extra careful during this pandemic).
@CarolDM (127036)
@YrNemo Very true.
@thelme55 (66997)
Just come here on Mylot when you can. I am fine. Thank you.
@YrNemo (18875)
I will try to do my best I guess. (Missed reading about your pretty cakes and desserts seriously.)
@thelme55 (66997)
@YrNemo That's okay. You can still read them when you have time.
@louievill (27847)
Just wishing you the best and hope you would be here more often.
@YrNemo (18875)
Everytime I read about Bit Coins, I would think of you. I still haven't found enough courage to invest in that area yet.
@louievill (27847)
@YrNemo bitcoin is now finding mass adoption as I had been saying for years, just a few examples are PayPal and Elon Musk of Tesla cars
@prinzcy (22631)
I have 9 cats so I could understand the knocking things down. Must be fun for them to see us picking the things back up.
@YrNemo (18875)
The cats here watched me doing that 2-4 times a day. Sometimes they waited, the moment I got rid of one big giant lot, one would begin to squat, do it again. (so mean of them )
I haven't been here so much either, I've many other distractions too.
@YrNemo (18875)
I went searching for you when first loggin a few days ago, but couldn't remember your username (with aging, I have become very forgetful), until I read someone's else post, and voilà, I saw your comment...