Blooming Paradise

@moffittjc (96416)
Gainesville, Florida
Just noticed today the my magnolia tree is about to explode with blossoms. I counted over 100 blooms on the tree. It’s going to be a thing of beauty over the next couple of weeks. Add to that the sweet fragrance of the confederate Jasmine that is growing all along my fence, and you have yourselves a nature lover’s paradise of sight and scent. A little piece of heaven on earth. What’s your favorite blooming plant or tree where you live?
@Deepizzaguy (48787)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I like the tree that is across the front yard from my home to see the leaves grow back up.
@moffittjc (96416)
• Gainesville, Florida
What kind of tree is it?
@Deepizzaguy (48787)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@moffittjc An apple tree.
@JimBo452020 (47183)
• Montrose, Scotland
I have little or no idea about stuff like this Jeff. But a little piece of heaven on earth sounds good to me. My favorite plant is one I posted about not so long ago. An update is due tomorrow
@moffittjc (96416)
• Gainesville, Florida
Isn’t your favorite kind of plant the one you can smoke? Lol
@JimBo452020 (47183)
• Montrose, Scotland
@moffittjc Yes it is
@DaddyEvil (39059)
I love roses but they take too much care... I used to grow miniature ones along the front deck at the other house... The paving around the deck kept their roots warm even in winter. I loved digging down through a snow drift in winter and finding little roses in full bloom.
@moffittjc (96416)
• Gainesville, Florida
I really want to plant roses in my front yard by the kitchen window, but like you said they are too hard to care for. I just don’t have the time to put into it. Plus, I don’t think there is enough sunlight in my front yard for the roses to be successful.
@DaddyEvil (39059)
@moffittjc Roses can do fine with some sun. It doesn't have to be direct sun, either.
@moffittjc (96416)
• Gainesville, Florida
@DaddyEvil My yard is fully shaded all day long. I have huge oaks, maples and sweetgums that block most of the sunlight.
@CarolDM (131893)
Oh wow it is about to bloom. You are ahead of me. The roses are probably my favorite. My honeysuckle is blooming on the fence. Enjoy!
@moffittjc (96416)
• Gainesville, Florida
I wish the magnolia blooms would last longer. They are all in full bloom now, but they won’t last long I don’t think. At least I’ll have the jasmine blooming for quite a long time. Not much to look at, but the fragrance is amazing.
@CarolDM (131893)
@moffittjc Mine last for several weeks. I love the fragrance as well. Enjoy your weekend.
@wolfgirl569 (40499)
• Marion, Ohio
My favorite is my lilacs. They are starting to bloom now.
@moffittjc (96416)
• Gainesville, Florida
I know what lilac is, but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen any growing here in peoples yards. I mostly see it out in the wild.
@wolfgirl569 (40499)
• Marion, Ohio
@moffittjc O have a regular sized bush and a dwarf bush. They both smell great,
@YrNemo (19401)
Love the cherry, but not so sure I like their smell. Guess I like roses and jasmine best. (How are you? All good now?)
@moffittjc (96416)
• Gainesville, Florida
Jasmine is my favorite. The fragrance is intoxicating. I am back to full health now, and feeling great!
@YrNemo (19401)
We have a honeysuckle which is blooming at the moment. That has a nice perfume.
@moffittjc (96416)
• Gainesville, Florida
A lot of people have been commenting about their honeysuckle. It’s a very popular plant. When I was a child, my parents had honeysuckle planted in their yard. I remember the smell very well.
@moffittjc I love the smell of jasmine too but Vince finds it too sickly sweet.
@kobesbuddy (124306)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I can't wait to see your photos, as these beautiful plants blossom! I love lilacs, they bloom around the end of May in Michigan.
@moffittjc (96416)
• Gainesville, Florida
My tree is covered with flowers right now!
@kobesbuddy (124306)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@moffittjc A gorgeous blossom, how lovely!
@Shiva49 (20578)
Nature never fails to rejuvenate, regale, and surprise us. There are lotus, hibiscus, marigolds in plenty where I live
@moffittjc (96416)
• Gainesville, Florida
You have quite a variety of plants where you live. Sounds like it is very lovely there.
@FourWalls (32928)
Dogwoods are gorgeous this time of year, but merely typing the word “dogwood” makes me sneeze.
@moffittjc (96416)
• Gainesville, Florida
Dogwoods are very beautiful, we have a lot that grow here in this area. I also like redbud and white bud trees when they are in full bloom. I know what you mean about allergies! Mine have been going crazy lately.
I love just about any blooming tree, except for those big tulip trees. They leave a mess on the lawn.
@moffittjc (96416)
• Gainesville, Florida
A lot of flowering trees can leave a big mess on the lawn. Same with the trees that lose all their leaves in the fall.
I love the scent of jasmine!
@moffittjc (96416)
• Gainesville, Florida
Me too! It’s almost intoxicating!
• Walnut Creek, California
At the preschool today we were squishing rosemary needles and smelling our hands.
@moffittjc (96416)
• Gainesville, Florida
Is that the same Rosemary as the spice?
@kaylachan (18342)
I don't see a lot of blooms where I live. But, anything. We have a tree out our bedroom window that provides a lot of shade in the spring and summer and loses its leaves in the winter. It's always nice to see the buds come back.
@moffittjc (96416)
• Gainesville, Florida
I have a lot of oak, maple and sweetgum trees in my yard, and it’s the same thing...they provide shade in the summer and fall, and then lose their leaves over the winter. It’s so beautiful when they come back to life in the spring.
@RebeccasFarm (30240)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I love the cherry willows around here. That is lovely the magnolia blooming. Hope you doing fine Jeff.
@moffittjc (96416)
• Gainesville, Florida
Is a cherry willow different from a regular cherry tree? I’m doing really well now. Finally back to full health.
@valmnz (16756)
• New Zealand
That sounds like a fantastic little part of your world. Not sure what my favurite plant is, but I do enjoy the roses outside my window when they are blooming.
@moffittjc (96416)
• Gainesville, Florida
I would love to plant roses, but my yard is too shaded from all the trees to provide enough sunlight for the roses to thrive.
@ptrikha_2 (31147)
That looks magnificent. Such trees and flowers bring a great joy to our lives. How is your health now?
@moffittjc (96416)
• Gainesville, Florida
I love all the blooms that are appearing right now on my trees and bushes. It’s very beautiful to look at. I am back to full health now, and feeling really good. How’s it going where you live?
@ptrikha_2 (31147)
@moffittjc Things are grim here. Too many cases. Some neighbours too have it. We are almost home bound. Next 2 to 3 weeks are very crucial here.
@ptrikha_2 (31147)
@moffittjc Thanks for your concern.
That's exciting!! Our cherry tree finished blossoming, I think, and now they are frying in our almost 100F weather. We have a couple Star Jasmine that have teeny tiny blossoms. Our sunflowers are getting way taller, but are not ready for blooms until later.
@moffittjc (96416)
• Gainesville, Florida
I had a sunflower randomly pop up last summer by my A/C unit in the backyard. I think a bird must have dropped the seed after feeding from a neighbor’s bird feeder. It was quite beautiful when it bloomed.
@moffittjc We have some random ones from our bird feeders too! They are growing, but I'm not sure how they'll turn out. That's cool yours ended up to be beautiful blooms . . . hope ours does too!!
I love the magnolia trees, we had one in the garden and I was devastated when we had to cut it because it was becoming dangerous. I also love Jasmine, honeysuckle, gardenia, all flowers with a great scent.
@moffittjc (96416)
• Gainesville, Florida
My neighbor has gardenia bushes, and the blooms are gorgeous.
@moffittjc I wonder if also the plants die of old age.
@moffittjc (96416)
• Gainesville, Florida
@LadyDuck I think they go through a life cycle just like humans and animals do. So, yes, I think trees and plants can die of old age.
@noni1959 (8052)
I live in the pines and they are a favorite. We have wild flowers popping up all over and the daffodils are every where. Your tree is going to be so beautiful. I love Jasmine. Not sure if it will grow at my house.
@moffittjc (96416)
• Gainesville, Florida
We have yellow wildflowers growing everywhere here, and they are in full bloom right now. It’s so beautiful driving by all the fields and viewing a sea of yellow. I wish I knew what kind of flowers they are.
@noni1959 (8052)
@moffittjc There are a lot of those flowers here too. When I'm driving into our tiny town, the farmlands have a lot of them. It's so beautiful.
@moffittjc (96416)
• Gainesville, Florida
@noni1959 It is very beautiful to look at, which can make a mundane drive to town or to work a little more exciting. I wish the fields of flowers would bloom all year long.