Ever had a root canal?

@1creekgirl (25177)
The thought of a root canal usually strikes fear in the heart of many people. I've had several over the years, but they're not so horrible usually. The one this morning wasn't bad, but now my jaw is killing me. Taking pain med, NSAIDS, and antibiotics. Part of the pain is from an infection down in one of the canals from a root canal I had years ago. The Endodontist injected an antibiotic after performing the root canal and I have to be on oral antibiotics for two weeks. The previous dentist didn't clean out both canals completely. So now I'm dealing with pain and a large expense, even with dental insurance. Don't know if it can be proved that his negligence caused this or not, but it's certainly possible. And I can't get my migraine injections until the infection is gone. Plus, we found out today that my husband was supposed to have been on an antibiotic after his surgery last week! No one told him and now he's still in pain. Are there any reputable medical or dental providers anywhere? So aggravating. We truly do have many blessings to thank God for, though. How are things in your life right now? Hope you're healthy, wealthy, and wise!
@CarolDM (130881)
Yes I have but they were painless. Doing fine here so far. I hope you and your husband are better soon. Always something it seems.
@1creekgirl (25177)
Part of life and part of getting older, I guess.
@CarolDM (130881)
@1creekgirl Part of life in general.
@kaylachan (18001)
There are days where I feel medical professionals just woke up one morning and decided they wanted to attend medical school. Only to fail at it and still get a licence. Don't know how to do their jobs or talk to people.
@1creekgirl (25177)
Someone had to be at the bottom of their graduating class. And I think I've met a few of them!
@xFiacre (9324)
@1creekgirl I used to be plagued with abscesses some of which required root canal work. It was never too bad. All I had to do was lie there with my mouth open and the dentist did all the hard work. I do hope this all passes for you soon.
@1creekgirl (25177)
Thanks, me too!
I've never had one. The idea of one scares me.
@1creekgirl (25177)
If you have a specialist, it's not usually so bad.
• Nairobi, Kenya
I have had to surgeries when my wisdom teeth were removed in April 2017
@1creekgirl (25177)
I hope you got along well with those.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@1creekgirl it was bad. I would never wish for any kind of surgery on anyone
@1creekgirl (25177)
@mildredtabitha I totally understand.
Some medicos are pretty casual with their treatments and advice. Vince has a really good doctor but I'm worried that when we leave the next one may not be quite so good.
@1creekgirl (25177)
I hope you'll both have good medical providers.
@1creekgirl Thanks. I'm sure we'll find one somewhere.
@kanuck1 (3381)
I have had a few. I don't like them but I had no choice. I should have taken better care of my teeth when I was young but I didn't know any better.
@1creekgirl (25177)
I've always taken good care of mine, but they've just never been very strong.
@kanuck1 (3381)
@1creekgirl We do our best with what we have and what comes our way despite our best efforts.
@JimBo452020 (46177)
• Montrose, Scotland
I have no idea about this at all Vicki. I have never had a tooth pulled or even a filling. I can imagine that there is ca fair degree of pain. The expense would make the pain worse. Well for me anyway. Why did nobody ensure that your husband got ban antibiotic after his surgery? I think I am happy, semi healthy, wealthy enough for now and not so wise. Hope things get better for you soon Vicki
@1creekgirl (25177)
His procedure was originally scheduled for three months ago. They prescribed antibiotics, then rescheduled it for last week, but never mentioned the antibiotics. Neither one of us remembered it. So, he's a week late starting them and this could be part of the reason he's been in such pain. Wouldn't you think someone would have said, "Be sure to start your meds." That's just one reason he needs to find a different Urologist.
@JimBo452020 (46177)
• Montrose, Scotland
@1creekgirl Aye. Someone should have made sure the meds were started
@Dena91 (12862)
I wish both you and your hubby speedy recoveries. Sadly doctor's today seem to want to see as many patients as possible without really taking the time to spend with them. Not sure if it is greed or the insurance or what. It is wrong is all I know.
@1creekgirl (25177)
Thanks, Dena.
I've had my share of painful root canals. I shudder just at the mention of those words. Hope you aren't in too much pain and the meds work
@1creekgirl (25177)
I think this one is worse because of the infection.
@LindaOHio (64425)
So sorry for all the problems. I hope you are both better soon. I had one root canal; but it was many, many years ago; and it was very painful. I'm sure things have improved today.
@1creekgirl (25177)
Hopefully we'll both improve soon.
Hubby has no problem with his root canals either. Hope you both getfeeling better!
@1creekgirl (25177)
Thanks!
@kobesbuddy (123965)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I'm healthy, but definitely not wealthy and need a lot more wisdom:) Nope, I've never had a root canal, but Jay had one. He said it wasn't as bad as he expected.