Happy Anniversary to Us ~ May 4th to May 5th, 2020

I almost forgot! Today marks our anniversary of leaving our home in Florida due to COVID-19 for our home over 1400 miles away in Connecticut. Hard to believe it’s been one year! We left Florida and drove straight through the eastern states with only one bathroom break in South Carolina and a couple of stops for gas. I packed sandwiches and bottled water which we ate in the car. Got home in the middle of the night, left everything in the car, used the bathroom, washed up, and fell asleep immediately. That’s one trip I would never want to repeat, but getting home to a safe place was all that mattered.
@kaylachan (18060)
Has it been that long already? And why would your Conneut home be safer than your Florida one?
@kobesbuddy (123982)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Florida was a raging hotbed for Covid-19! @kaylachan
We felt trapped in our condo with covidiots. Taking the elevator or 3 flights of stairs, going to the lobby to get our mail, etc. No room to breathe. That was when people were dropping like flies from the virus. Here in Connecticut, we have lots of land and a quiet neighborhood in which to walk. Hubs would have gone stir crazy being cooped up in Florida.
@kobesbuddy That’s for sure!
• Midland, Michigan
I would love to be where your pic was taken. That looks nice. I can't imagine driving straight through although I've done similar things when I was younger.
Thanks so much. That’s our Florida backyard. True! We aren’t kids anymore.
• Midland, Michigan
@DianneN That's a gorgeous backyard.
@MarshaMusselman Thanks. We wouldn’t live in Florida if we couldn’t be on the water.
Some trips really are hellish. I had one many years ago - not as long as yours but with Vince in the front seat with pneumonia and a baby in the back. It was night-time, threatening to storm and I had a four-hour trip ahead. But it's all in the past.
Yours was much worse than mine. Glad they are both in the past.
@ptrikha_2 (31018)
@JudyEv Oh yours was hellish! So was Vince being taken to some clinic or hospital ?
@ptrikha_2 (31018)
@JudyEv That must have been a tiring and stressful journey!
@kobesbuddy (123982)
• East Tawas, Michigan
That night, your bed in Connecticut was like a God sent gift from heaven!
That’s the truth!
• Sonora, California
Glad you made it safely home...
Yes, we did, thanks. No one on the road, so we cruised along at extremely high speeds. Are you feeling any better?
• Sonora, California
@DianneN I’m feeling a lot better, Dogwood and I don’t mix lol
@Michellekidwell Glad to hear it. Are you allergic to pollen or just dogwoods?
@Rashnag (11276)
• Thane, India
Good to know. Have a good day. Take care
Thanks!
@Rashnag (11276)
• Thane, India
@DianneN your welcome dear
@kareng (34327)
Yes, long trips like that are hard on the body the older you get!! At least you are close to family now! Florida has had scary numbers of Covid cases and still do!!
So true. We used to drive with friends to Florida when we were first married straight through. No can do and don’t want to do anymore. Yes, sadly, Florida is a hot mess thanks to its governor.
@kareng (34327)
@DianneN At least you don't have to worry about the drive again for some time yet.
@FourWalls (32820)
I didn't drive 'straight through" yesterday, but then I am only one person, so I have room for a bed for one in my car.
Our seats were able to recline in our car, but instead of resting, we decided to zip home while we had the adrenaline. When we hit DC, it was a mere 5 hours to go.
@DocAndersen (39483)
i remmeber when you talked about doing that, and then the after you were done. I am sorry you had to leave Florida the way you did.
Thanks for remembering. I’m sorry, too, but we had no choice.
@DocAndersen (39483)
@DianneN you had no choice. it is a hard thing without question. i am glad both of you are safe!
@DocAndersen Thanks, Scott.
@ramapo17 (29986)
• Melbourne, Florida
Do you drive also or does anyone else help with the driving? My husband is so stubborn he insists on driving all the time because I drive to fast. After a few years of his way of thinking, I figured what the heck and sleep more or read more. When my daughter and I did the same trip we each took turns.
My husband insists on driving, too. I spent most of my time on the phone or iPad. Normally, we fly, but I canceled our flight home. Good thing we had the car. The car transport service canceled, too.
@ramapo17 (29986)
• Melbourne, Florida
@DianneN It has been very crazy. We had to drive up to New Jersey to see my daughter and my grandsons. the oldest boy just got home for a leave from the Navy and was in Barain for over 2 years. The trip wasn't that bad. I don't drive as my husband won't ride with me as I go to fast. Personally, I think he drives to slow.....
@m_audrey6788 (41599)
Yes. Long travels makes you really tired and exhausted. Good thing you have a safe trip
We were energized when we left, but we were so happy to arrive home and to get to sleep! Thanks!
@DianneN Glad to know
@CarolDM (130898)
Time has really gone by quickly. I remember your hasty trip home.
It seems like yesterday. I’m glad I noticed the date just to put it in perspective. Wow!
@CarolDM (130898)
@wolfgirl569 (40203)
• Marion, Ohio
It has been a year. It has went too fast
Time flies when you’re having fun. lol
Wow, the year flew by.
It certainly did!
I hope you get to go back in December. I am quite sure things will be manageable by then..They already are in most places.
Time will tell. As much as we love it there, we’re willing to wait until it’s safer.
@sallypup (44380)
• Moses Lake, Washington
You two are troopers. From what I am hearing about things in Florida, I would not want to go back there. Not for a while yet.
We were desperate. Not so desperate to return, yet. Their governor has to go.
I hope it will be safe for you to go back soon.
Oh, so do I!
It's hard to believe it's been a year already. Are you planning to go back this year?
I know! It’s crazy how fast the year went. We are pretty sure we will return in December.
@DianneN That's good you will. I know who your first visitor will be. I wonder if he'll have a fish in his beak.
@youfiq (1525)
wow you moved house so far huh, I hope things will be fine
Thank you. We only went back to our other house. Packed up a few things and that’s it.
• Pune, India
That's must have been one long and exhaustive ride. I can only imagine. But it's good that you made that ride and reached a trustworthy and safe place. Good for you.