My MTurk account was suspended

@lovebuglena (27604)
Staten Island, New York
I decided to log in to my MTurk account and see if there are any tasks I can do there. When I logged in I got this message: There is a problem with your Amazon Mechanical Turk account. This account has been suspended by the Amazon Mechanical Turk team. I haven't logged in to my MTurk account in a long time. Could that be the reason why my account was suspended? I never did anything wrong while I used the site. I wonder if I can sign up again.
@JimBo452020 (46113)
• Montrose, Scotland
You could sign up again Did you ever make any money from it?
@lovebuglena (27604)
• Staten Island, New York
Yes. I made $1.xx on there and I cashed out that money.
@lovebuglena (27604)
• Staten Island, New York
I don't ever remember getting an email that my account was suspended. They should give a reason as to why it's suspended if it is.
@JimBo452020 (46113)
• Montrose, Scotland
@lovebuglena They don't have to. Check the terms and conditions
I have heard many people complaining because of their account suspension and every time for no reason.
@lovebuglena (27604)
• Staten Island, New York
Wonder why they do that.
@lovebuglena I have no idea, it makes no sense.
@LindaOHio (64085)
Contact them or just set up another account.
@lovebuglena (27604)
• Staten Island, New York
I will think about that. Not sure what I will do yet.
@GoAskAlice (5095)
• Antarctica
Only Amazon can tell you why your account has been suspended. I suggest that you raise a query with support having carefully read their Terms of Service.
Looking to work on tasks? Sign in as a Worker | Learn more Sign in as a Requester Last updated: March 25, 2020 Please read this Agreement carefully. This Amazon Mechanical Turk Participation Agreement (the "Agreement") is a binding agreement between you an
• Pune, India
I wasn't allowed to sign up on MTurk. They said I was not eligible, what does that mean I have no idea. They should have said if they weren't allowing users outside of the US.
@lovebuglena (27604)
• Staten Island, New York
Maybe it is only for people who live in the US.
• Pune, India
@lovebuglena Is it? Then they should mention that when somebody is opening their websites. I waited for their mail for almost a week. Finally, they said not eligible. Stupitt people.
@lovebuglena (27604)
• Staten Island, New York
@Prabhatsingh Sorry, I have no idea.
You would think they would notify you before suspending you!
@lovebuglena (27604)
• Staten Island, New York
That is the professional thing to do. I guess they are not obligated to do that.
@moffittjc (96202)
• Gainesville, Florida
I’ve never even heard of this. What kind of site is it?
@lovebuglena (27604)
• Staten Island, New York
It’s an Amazon company. You do tasks there (they call them HITs), which pay. Some pay pennies while some pay dollars. Like you can have a task that will pay 10 cents, while another will pay close to $1 or even more. I remember one of the tasks I did there was transcribe receipts.
@sjvg1976 (19505)
You may ask the support team for the clarification. Probably being inactive for a long time may be the reason.
@lovebuglena (27604)
• Staten Island, New York
I am thinking the same thing.
@kaylachan (17813)
That's likely the reason. Many places will deactivate accounts no longer in use or suspend them. This is in case the person who owned the account unexpectedly passes away and someone else gets access to their account. You can probably appeal it and prove you are who you say you are.
@lovebuglena (27604)
• Staten Island, New York
That makes sense.
@kobesbuddy (123780)
• East Tawas, Michigan
If you weren't active for a long time, they figured you were no longer interested.
@lovebuglena (27604)
• Staten Island, New York
I am thinking that is the reason as I never violated anything when I was active there.