Quick Update - Tuesday 5/4/21

@kareng (34219)
I haven't posted in a few days so thought I would just give a quick update. We have another day of bad storms here and the internet has been in and out. I just heard some more thunder so hope I get this posted before it lets loose again. I got my tomato plants in the ground. They are getting plenty of water today. We have a flash flood warning out but we are fine here at the house. We also have a tornado watch which should be expiring soon. I just moved the baby chicks out to the grow out pen earlier this morning so the hubby will stop complaining. They are loud and he just turns the television up louder. They should do fine as they are covered and not getting wet. I do need to replace one feeder. It is a new one I bought and not releasing food as it should. This food is very fine crumbles so should not be a problem. I'll empty it and see what I can do to make the feed flow better. Tomorrow we will be out of town for a business meeting - an early dinner. We have about a 3 hour drive so will be getting up and hitting the road. I hope everyone had a nice day and I'll be reading some discussions tonight as the internet allows. Photo: Pixabay, public domain
It got pretty rough here. I haven’t been out, but can see from windows we lost some branches. It’s still thundering here too. The lights blinked a good bit , but never stayed off.
@kareng (34219)
Yeah it was another bad and long stretch of storms. Our lights didn't flicker this time. Yay! Now we get to clean up the yards again. Ha!
@kareng I just came in from the yard. There’s a lot to pick up.
@kareng (34219)
@Tampa_girl7 Same here! I will be out of town again tomorrow so it will just have to wait! I have a dr. apt. in Baton Rouge.
@Shxrubia (2684)
Have fun tomorrow, be careful
@kareng (34219)
Thank you!
@sallypup (44338)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Thanks for the laugh: chicks louder than the TV. I guess hubby is not laughing.
@kareng (34219)
It was a battle. LOL.
Have fun tomorrow
@kareng (34219)
It won't be that much fun. But it will be a day out of the house!!
I just had a time of relaxation in my bed.
@kareng (34219)
I'm fixing to do that in about five minutes!
@kareng You should be out like a baby right now.
@kareng (34219)
@sharon6345 Ha, nope that is going to bed early for me!
Ar the baby chicks so loud? Poor babies, I am sure they will be fine where you moved them. I moved my first tomato plants in the ground this afternoon.
@kareng (34219)
They are not THAT loud. He was just being annoying!! They should do fine outside. The temps at night are in 60's and 70's here now and they are feathered. I'll get another picture of them to post soon.
@kareng This is exactly what I thought, often men are like that, they get annoyed and they exaggerate things. I will be happy to see a new picture of your chicks.
@kareng (34219)
6h
@LadyDuck I am putting up a new post in just a few minutes. Trying to catch up on notifications here real quick!
@DocAndersen (39259)
sounds like you are busy!!!! the storms made it to DC and yes they were quite nasty!
@kareng (34219)
Hope you didn't have any major damage! It was very nice here today!
@DocAndersen (39259)
@kareng other than two Labs shaking we were all ok. It wasn't a huge 3 or 4-hour thunderstorm. About 45 minutes and then gone!
@kareng (34219)
7h
@DocAndersen That was definitely in your favor. I had cousins in Texas that practically spent the night in the bathroom with their dogs also.
@FourWalls (32757)
Nothing like severe weather..... Glad you're okay through all of this madness. It's been a rough couple of days. I was listening to tornado coverage all the way home, and even had to pull off the road because I was close to a tornado warning in Charlotte, NC!
@kareng (34219)
Yes, too much bad weather is happening these days. That happened to us in GA last year! Very scary! Thank goodness you are okay!
I hope all went well with the tornado watch. I saw the news yesterday about a tornado that slammed through the south and did a lot of damage.
@kareng That's sad. I'm glad you're okay.
@kareng (34219)
6h
Some self feeders leave a lot to be desired.
@kareng (34219)
I have those. They think when they here voices they should communicate or if light is on. LOL. They are outside now so they can be as loud as they want!
Stay safe and thanks for the update. We were away last week, several days in Chicago, so I feel as though I missed a lot. Have a wonderful time tomorrow.
@kareng (34219)
Thank you! It will be nice to get out of the house for a change!
12h
@kobesbuddy (123780)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I love baby chicks, they are so darn cute! enjoy your day tomorrow and stay safe on the road:)
@kareng (34219)
Thanks, @kobesbuddy!
@kobesbuddy (123780)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@thelme55 (68044)
It sounds that you have busy days. I hope your weather is okay now. We have a rainy fand cloudy day.
@kareng (34219)
4h
We are having a lot of rain in the spring here. And more thunderstorms than normal.
@Shiva49 (20381)
Looks like the weather is rather extreme as the tornado season normally is. Hope you had a safe journey
@kareng (34219)
Today we had beautiful weather. It was cloudy during the morning but the sun came out in the afternoon and no rain.
@CarolDM (130225)
I am glad you have been safe through these storms. Stay safe on your trip.
@kareng (34219)
Thank you @CarolDM
It sounds like you got a lot accomplished!
@kareng (34219)
I'm trying! Always more to do than what gets accomplished!
@LindaOHio (64085)
I'm glad that hubs won't be upset with the babies anymore! Have a great day and drive safely.
@kareng (34219)
He will have a little vacation but I'm going to be incubating another load of eggs very soon.
@wolfgirl569 (40019)
• Marion, Ohio
Hope the storms dont last long. I was happy to get my chicks out when I did.
@kareng (34219)
The last leg of the storm went south of us. Yay! Chicks did fine. I kept a watch over them. They didn't even get wet.
@moonandstars (48629)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
12h
i hope everyone will be happy
@kareng (34219)
3h
Oh yeah, the chicks are loving it outside and the hubby is glad they are out of the house now. LOL.