Do you have one of these?

@Fleura (15519)
United Kingdom
Do you have one of these silicone spatula thingies? I recently acquired one and it’s very useful for scraping sticky things out of bowls. A while ago I was listening to a cookery programme on the radio and someone asked the panellists whether they had a special name for any implements in their kitchen. One person said that in their house, a silicone spatula was known as a ‘children cheater’ because it did such a good job of scraping out mixing bowls, thus depriving children of their traditional job of scraping out the mixing bowl when ‘helping’ in the kitchen. That made me laugh and now the name has stuck in our house too! All rights reserved. © Text and image copyright Fleur 2021.
Yes, I have them from many years, they are called "Maryse" in French, I have no idea how they are called in Italy.
@Fleura (15519)
I like the new comedy name
@Fleura I loved to watch cooking courses at the French TV when we lived in Monte Carlo. There was a Chef who presented a new recipe every noon. He described which tools to use and this kind of spatula was always presented as "Maryse".
@DaddyEvil (41953)
Oh! For a minute there I thought you were asking if we had a bowl with streaks of cake batter in it... Yes, we use the rubber spatulas to scrape out bowls after make cakes or brownies. And yes, we had a bowl that looked like that yesterday before Pretty scraped the rest of the brownie batter out with her finger... When she was little I'd dip out a spoonful of batter for her so she didn't miss out. That is a pretty funny name for it.
@DaddyEvil (41953)
@Fleura I hope it was delicious. Nope, no more jokes. I think I'm going offline now. I'll talk to you later.
@Dena91 (13728)
That is clever, a children's cheater. I will have to remember that.
@Fleura (15519)
It's a good one isn't it?
@popciclecold (20785)
I like the name, it sure does cheat children. Lol.
@Fleura (15519)
Made me laugh too!
@profree2019 (1159)
• Barquisimeto, Venezuela
It's funny, in my house my wife and daughters have several of different sizes, they use them to make cakes and stuff. Here in my country, they also give it a funny name (because of the effect they have of not leaving anything in the container), they call it "miserable". Oh chance, it's a word cognate.
@Fleura (15519)
I can't quite imagine making a cake using a 'miserable'!
• Barquisimeto, Venezuela
@Fleura What did you mean?
@Fleura (15519)
@profree2019 It's a strange thing to say 'please can you get me the miserable'!
@xFiacre (9410)
@Fleura Wouldn’t be without one, but when I saw the picture at first without my glasses I thought that it was a dinner gong to summon everyone to the table. I wish I was still living back when all the better houses had a dinner gong and a serving wench to bang it.
@Fleura (15519)
We have a dinner bell, will that do? Unfortunately you'd have to put up with me or my partner as the 'wenches'!
@xFiacre (9410)
@Fleura We used to have a silver bell on the table, and my brother and I used to fight over whose turn it was to ring the dinky little thing to summon cook once we had finished eating. What a come down when we came to Ireland and there was no cook, houseboy etc and we had to clear the table ourselves - AND WASH THE DISHES!!!!
@Fleura (15519)
@xFiacre Quite a culture shock! We just have an old school-bell-style bell - I got tired of shouting.
@vandana7 (82961)
Interesting...I thought we get them with mixies...just the shape is different..but the purpose they serve is same.
@Fleura (15519)
What shape are yours?
@vandana7 (82961)
@Fleura spatula...or at times daggers...LOL
@thelme55 (70133)
Yes, I have this silicone spatula.I think I have 3 of them. I use them when I am baking.
@Fleura (15519)
They are very useful. Always known as a 'children cheater' here now!
@thelme55 (70133)
@Fleura Yes, they are. That is what I learned today from this post, ‚children cheater‘.
• Nairobi, Kenya
No I don't have but I like it
@Fleura (15519)
It does a very good job!
• Nairobi, Kenya
@Fleura I agree with you
@HazySue (38050)
• Inverness, Florida
I do. They are incredibly useful in the kitchen.
@JimBo452020 (50778)
• Montrose, Scotland
Children's cheater, good description We have one of them in the house but I have never used it