A quick Hi...the last crop got me busy..

@arunima25 (64629)
Bangalore, India
Good morning from this side of the planet. It's 6:45 AM here as I write this post. I woke up at 5 AM and today witnessed the beautiful sunrise.. It's a warm bright morning with pleasant breeze. And a couple of Indian Bulbul is roaming around in my garden and chirping.. They have been visiting us since last few days. And I think it's the same couple. So, may be they are planning to make a nest. I will keep you updated. I couldn't be here much since Friday afternoon. And I need to catch up more. My Saturday was spent in helping my younger daughter with her social reformers of India project, an hour long meeting with my principal and a long nap of two hours. And in the afternoon, my friend sent me these fresh green peas from her organic garden. That you can see in the picture. Well, this is the last crop of peas for a while and I got 5 kg of them. She has cleared her field of these peas and now they will plant some new veggies. The season of peas starts in November and last till March. But this year due to covid, she did not clear her field in March and was delayed. Glad the crop survived, maybe because it was not so hot this May. I peeled half of them yesterday after dinner and I will do the rest of them today after breakfast. I am going to make a nice peas salad for breakfast. Now it's time for my morning yoga and then heading to kitchen. I have nothing much to do in afternoon. And once I finish all that I have to do, I have all plans to be here for long I love to add some more to my bank here The month is coming to an end. I hope that there would be good activities level here to catch up with the monthly goals Enjoy mylotting. Have a good time in your mylot corner
@sjvg1976 (28702)
Not only you but many people here would like to add some bucks in their account as today is the last day of the month. Even I woke up early today as have planned to go for a walk. Even I have no special plans today so will devote as much time as I can here. I don't like peas but my wife does she tries to mix them in every vegetable she cooks
@DaddyEvil (53227)
This is still the 29th of May here, so still 2 days and just over 2 1/2 hours left in the myLot month. (I live in the same time zone as myLot.) There is still time to earn more pennies this month.
@DaddyEvil How's it going, so far?
@DaddyEvil My lot is actually giving me pennies. not even cents, Literally pennies.
@DaddyEvil (53227)
Good morning. I hope you have a wonderful day. It hasn't been very busy today. Maybe it will pick up for you, though. I hope you reach your myLot goals.
@sjvg1976 (28702)
She might have reached the payout she is just adding some few bucks in her account.
@DaddyEvil (53227)
@sjvg1976 I know... she said she might still reach her goal...
@sjvg1976 (28702)
@DaddyEvil cannot say.. there will lots of posts people would write here to reach payout. Last day of the month is the most busy day here
Enjoy. There are so many dishes to make with peas.
@ptrikha_2 (33957)
@marguicha We like cheese with peas or Rice Pulao with peas.
@ptrikha_2 (33957)
@arunima25 Yes and it is good with ghee or curd.
@ptrikha_2 (33957)
@arunima25 Thanks. Someday I would surely visit.
Good morning. What's cooking with 5kg of peas?
@DaddyEvil (53227)
No cooking... raw pea salad. Peas aren't good... although, I will eat them raw when they're very young and still in the shell. Good morning.
@sjvg1976 (28702)
@DaddyEvil I also eat them raw. I like when my wife cooks rice mixed with peas and other vegetables.
@DaddyEvil (53227)
@sjvg1976 I don't want them cooked... I don't like the way they mush in my mouth.
Looks like a good crop, I hope your day is going well and your weekend.
@arunima25 (64629)
• Bangalore, India
I have peeled them and froze them. They will be used as and when we need it. They can make a lot fo yummy dishes.
@ptrikha_2 (33957)
On Sunday 30th, I did had some sessions of Mylot. it would help overall although May has been a bit sluggish for me. Peas Salad sounds nice. But with Peas, I recall - - Peas Pulao (rice dish) - Mutter Paneer (Cottage Cheese+ Peas) - Cutlets made from Peas Yet the salad one is also perhaps interesting and tasty.
@vandana7 (86349)
I like peas with tomatoes.. even though it is not good for my tummy. Do you get tummy upset with peas?
@vandana7 (86349)
@arunima25 (64629)
• Bangalore, India
@vandana7 No Vanny! My husband says that I can digest stones too. I have real health issues like the hormonal imbalance after my Haemohrrage followed by sugar and then a tumor in my uterus getting malignant. But I have come out of all this through yoga, exercises, and life management. My immunity is pretty good and it has been years that I got any fever, couch, or stomach upset. Yes, in the last few years, my monthly visitor troubles me for one day due to my endometriosis issue but that too is in good control by my pranayama and yoga. Even in corona, I got no fever, cough, or any common issue. It was tiredness, headache, and some weight loss. I would say my years of yoga are a savior.
@dpk262006 (58732)
You are indeed lucky that you have got 5 Kg of organic peas. It is summer here in Delhi and peas are selling at Rs. 80-100/- Kg. Peas are good source of minerals and vitamins and your peas salad will help you gain more nutrients. Pealing peas is a boring job and I do not like it, when I need to peal. I do not set any goals because earnings are secondary for me. If not this month may be next month, I may reach my goal. Have a nice Sunday!
@arunima25 (64629)
• Bangalore, India
I bought it from her at the same rate. But yes, they are fresh and organic. I buy most of my fruits and veggies from her farm. I have peeled all and go them frozen.Used some for mutter paratha, peas pulao and peas salaad so far. I do not come with any goal. I might be very active one day and go missing for a week. Just peep in here whenever I can and interact as much as I can.It is another Sunday here. Have a good Sunday.
@dpk262006 (58732)
@arunima25 It is good that you get organic products and you froze them to be used later. Have a nice Sunday!
@arunima25 (64629)
• Bangalore, India
That's a nice Gift you got from a friend.Enjoy the Green peas as you have used it in Salad
@arunima25 (64629)
• Bangalore, India
It is not a gif. She has an organic farm and I buy veggies from her. Sometimes she offers something for free.
5 kg peas? Did not know you had a farm as well. Enjoy your peas.
@arunima25 (64629)
• Bangalore, India
It is a farm of my good friend. She is into organic farming and mushroom business. I am her customer. It's organic to a great extent. I buy most of my fruits and veggies from her.
Sounds like you had a productive day so far. Good for you.
@arunima25 (64629)
• Bangalore, India
Thank you. Have a good weekend
@arunima25 have a good weekend as well.
@arunima25 (64629)
• Bangalore, India
@allen0187 It's another weekend here. Having a good one so far.
@ptrikha_2 (33957)
Your discussion is now likely to get a knighthood. DE, Prabhat and Sanjeev have kind of fully invaded this one! Vanny is still out but do we call her here?
@arunima25 (64629)
• Bangalore, India
They really hijacked itCallign Vanny would have been more fun especially with DE. They made me earn some pennies and I am happy
@ptrikha_2 (33957)
@arunima25 She has been called now !!
@ptrikha_2 (33957)
@arunima25 Now it is for you to figure out who called her here!!
@popciclecold (22011)
Thsnk you, wish you good in your mylot corner also. The peas really look good. Enjoy your breakfast..
@DaddyEvil (53227)
I see you enjoying the conversation here. I hope you've had a great day and will have a restful night.
@arunima25 (64629)
• Bangalore, India
@DaddyEvil I am going to go through the conversation now as I am done with all notifications. I kept that notification for the last to go through it at my leisurely.
@arunima25 (64629)
• Bangalore, India
Thank you
@florelway (20264)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Hello, have a great day! I reached my goal and with 2 days more left before the cut off I hope to get few cents more.
@arunima25 (64629)
• Bangalore, India
Hope you could make some more cents on top of it.
@florelway (20264)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@arunima25 yes I got a dollar and few cents more.
@arunima25 (64629)
• Bangalore, India
@florelway That's good
• Walnut Creek, California
My green bean plants are starting to come up. That's all I have to say.
@arunima25 (64629)
• Bangalore, India
That sounds exciting. It's a happy moment to see them coming up. Isn't it
• Walnut Creek, California
@arunima25 It really is. In fact, I may water now.
@arunima25 (64629)
• Bangalore, India
@TheHorse GoodHope that they grow well and soon you can share the picture of the produce. Have you planted anything this time with your preschoolers?
I'm sure they will make a nice salad. It was wonderful of your friend to share her peas with you.
@arunima25 (64629)
• Bangalore, India
Oh! the salad was good and yum. My friend is in organic farming business and I buy most of my veggies and fruits from her. I am her loyal and satisfied constumer.
@arunima25 That's good you are.
@arunima25 (64629)
• Bangalore, India
@CarolDM (152521)
Always good to see fresh veggies from eh garden.
@arunima25 (64629)
• Bangalore, India
They were fresh from the farm. My friend has this organic farm and I buy my veggies and fruits from her.
@CarolDM (152521)
@arunima25 Sounds great and healthy.
@arunima25 (64629)
• Bangalore, India
@Rashnag (19478)
• Surat, India
Gdmrng dear! Good to know. When you come here, you can visit my blogs too if you wish. Have a good day
@arunima25 (64629)
• Bangalore, India
Oh! I awalys respond to your discussions whenever I come across them. I have not read or responded to much of recent discussions. School has started and now my time is limited here. I was just clearing the notifications in the little time that I had here.
@Rashnag (19478)
• Surat, India
@arunima25 ok dear
The veggies look healthy.
@arunima25 (64629)
• Bangalore, India
They are organic and freshly plucked from the farm. They really taste good.
@Shiva49 (23125)
That is real variety for a fulfilling lfe. Quite inspiring really.
@arunima25 (64629)
• Bangalore, India
Totally agree
Those peas certainly kept you busy!
@arunima25 (64629)
• Bangalore, India
Oh! They did. Now they are all done and kept in small ziplock pouches and freezed. I have enough till the fresh crop comes again by November end