Roll Call: Where Do You Live?

I have only been on myLot for a few days and I am fascinated by all of the many places members call home. So I was thinking it would be fun to do a roll call and share not only what country we live in, but a bit more detail about where we live. I know some people don't want to get too personal, so if you don't want to share your exact city, could you please describe the type of area you live in? I will go first: I live in the United States, in the Southeast, in the state of Georgia. I live in the northern part of the state, in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. I don't like the summers because they are very hot and humid, but the rest of the year is beautiful and I can get out for hikes and nature walks with my dog the other 3 seasons. Okay, your turn: where do you live?
@myklj999 (58169)
• Olney, Illinois
Many users already have their country listed, although if you are on a phone you'll have to hold it sideways so the screen has enough room to show all the information. My home town and state are right next to my username anytime I do anything here. But what it doesn't tell you is I live in the Home of the White Squirrels..
@myklj999 (58169)
• Olney, Illinois
@myklj999 Yes, I know that most members have their country listed, but some don't, and if some of us want to connect with people from another country, like Ireland, Scotland, Canada, for example, in my case. I thought it might be easier to find out all in one place, and to find out a bit more about their country, city, neighborhood, etc. Like for instance, I don't know anything about Jerusalem, where @Hannihar lives, and have always wanted to visit there. So that was fun to read where she is from and a little about that city.
I have never seen a white squirrel. Very cool!
• Israel
@Kouponkaren I live in Jerusalem, which to me is the most beautiful city in the world. it is the Capital of Israel. It is very beautiful. We just moved to a new location and love it very much.. I can do more walking and things are closer now.
@Hannihar I would love to go there someday. It's been a dream of mine for a long time to go there and see the sights mentioned in the Bible.
• Israel
@Kouponkaren I hope some day you will be able to come here and see what a beautiful country this is,
@Hannihar I hope so too. We have thought about touring with a church group, or maybe going on a cruise to the Holy Land.
I hail from London, Ontario which is in Canada. We experience all 4 seasons, which I love the most about living in this part of the world.
@Juliaacv My ancestors on my dad's side come from Canada. I have only been there a few times, once to Montreal and once to Quebec. I think my dad's ancestors come from the Quebec area but I haven't researched it enough to know. Someday I want to go to Banff. Have you ever been there?
@Kouponkaren Montreal is in Quebec, and is beautiful, although we have not visited. We haven't been to Banff, visiting the East Coast is first on our bucket list once we retire.
@Juliaacv Oh, how long have you lived in Canada? I think I meant Quebec City? Is there a Quebec City and a Quebec province?
@Dena91 (13819)
I am your neighbor, I live in a very rural county in western North Carolina. Like you from April til September the heat and humidity are bad but autumn and winter are my favorite. Mike and I enjoy going on hikes as well though we haven't been able to the past few years taking care of his parents, his dad passed last year. One day we will go again. It's nice meeting you, neighbor
@Dena91 Nice to meet you too. I am sorry about the passing of your father-in-law. Yes, I think we are neighbors. We often go to the Bairsville, GA area and last time we were there we went to a cute little town called Murphy, NC. Have you ever been there?
@Dena91 (13819)
@Kouponkaren I have heard of it. I am sure Mike and I drove through it at some point in some of our adventures.
@sallypup (45239)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Georgia? Hubby and I visited Savannah and did some proper tourist things. Hubby wants to go back. I want to return to Beaufort cause its smaller but we had a fun, hot and humid time. Me? Live where? Right now I live on three weedy acres in the middle of Washington state. I probably am moving to a kind of old house, same state but west side across the Cascade mountains. Its green over there. And there is more chance of me bumping into fellow poets. And fur persons? I'm kind of Dr. Doolittle.
@sallypup (45239)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Kouponkaren I was a Vet helper for about five years with different docs. I live on the drier side of WA state. When I move I will move to the wetter, greener side. I live with 4 cats, 2 Blue Heeler dogs, 5 chickens and 2 ducks.
@sallypup Aw, we used to have an Australian cattle dog. Is that the same as a blue heeler? And I didn't know there was a dry and a wet side to WA state!
@sallypup (45239)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Kouponkaren Yes. The nickname for the Australian Cattle Dog is Blue Heeler. Very smart dogs and that's where the trouble starts. And the fun. Many folks who have never been to WA state realize that there are at least two distinct parts to it. I'm on the dry side, like I said. Then clear over by the ocean there is the wetter rain forest. Lovely state.
@ladyhero (3513)
I'm from an equatorial country indonesia which only has 2 seasons but lots of fruit seasons lol, like mango season, durian season, avocado season, and the extraordinary forest fire smoke season.
@ladyhero Oh no, they all sounded interesting until you got to the "extraordinary forest fire smoke season." That makes me very sad. A few years ago, there were lot of fires in our nearby state of TN as well as here in GA. We could see and smell smoke from the fires all summer long and it made me sad. I love forests so hate to see them burn, not to mention the people that were affected by fire and smoke.
@ladyhero Okay. I will have to check them out. Always so sad.
@ladyhero (3513)
@Kouponkaren very sad
• Kenya
Where i live has been listed on my profile
@Laurakemunto Yes I know but just wanted to know a bit more about it...do you live in a city? Country? Dessert? What's the weather like there/ That's why I was asking.
• Kenya
@Kouponkaren city,here the weather is cold ,very cloudy with some alternate of sunshine
@Laurakemunto Wow, not see, I never thought of Kenya as cold. I thought it was always hot there. Thanks for sharing.
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
I live in NYC in the borough of Staten Island. Originally I am from Minsk, Belarus. I lived there for 9 years before I moved to the US.
@lovebuglena Hi Lena! What is Belarus like? Do you like living in the US?
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
@Kouponkaren I left Belarus at the end of 1992 and have not been back there since. I love living in NYC. I don't think I'd move anywhere else.
@owstalaga (4623)
Well hello there and welcome to myLot! This site has changed a lot since I first got here. These days it's more like post anything and then some. Haha~ It used to be a place where people post more questions and then people will answer the poster. Anyway I am from the Quezon City in the National Capital Region of the Philippines. Of course ours is a tropical country. Summer just ended so hello rainy season! And that's it for me. Lol. Nice to see you here. I've just logged in today after more than 2 yrs of non-activity. Hope you have fun interacting here. Lots of discussions to see around here.
@owstalaga Wow, 2 years of no activity? You have a lot of catching up to do! I am glad you are back on myLot. It does seem like some people just pop on to say anything. And then there are others with real questions and interesting things to say. I guess it takes all kinds to make a community.
@owstalaga (4623)
@Kouponkaren Yup, been coming and going around here for years and I like how it is still here despite all the other sites closing down and such.
India, in the west. The city is Pune.
@Prabhatsingh What is the weather like there? I think of India as always being hot.
@Kouponkaren LOL like every other place, in summer it is hot. in the monsoon we have rain, in winter it is cold.
@cabuyogty (485)
Hello, guys! :) I live in Metro Manila , Philippines
@cabuyogty So "metro" must mean the city? Do you enjoy living in the city? I prefer the country myself. But my daughter lives in Philadelphia and loves the city life.
@Kouponkaren Yes , I love to live in the city because atleast i have my work here :)
@porwest (45290)
Currently, and for the past seven years, I have lived in southern Illinois about 20 minutes from St. Louis. But I am a Wisconsinite at heart. Lived there most of my life despite being born in New Jersey.
@porwest Wow, you have lived in a lot of places. I didn't know St. Louis is close to Illinois. But then again, I have never looked at St. Louis on a map. Your name sounds familiar. Do you write on HubPages?
@porwest (45290)
@Kouponkaren I do not currently write on HubPages. But I have in the past. Although my "handle" there is different. It has been many years since I have done anything on that site. But yes. Lived many, many places. Too many to list here. I am both a navy brat and a navy veteran which explains some of it.
@Rashnag (15010)
• Thane, India
I live in India. I live in Surat city of Gujarat, state. I live in old part of the city. My city is famous for diamonds, textiles and yummy food.
@Rashnag Yum, the food sounds good, and so do the diamonds. Thanks for sharing a bit about where you live.
@Rashnag (15010)
• Thane, India
@Kouponkaren your welcome dear
@AnneUser (25)
We live in Miami. Prior to that France, and originally from South Africa. Miami reminds me a lot of Cape Town, RSA, where I grew up. A mix of cultures. In fact, South Africa is known also as 'the Rainbow Nation', for all it's mix of cultures. In Miami, as most of you already know, they speak mostly Spanish, which is difficult sometimes, as I speak English and French. But I am slowly picking up a few phrases here and there. Miami is fun, and the nature is so beautiful. It's also very very hot in summer, too hot, with loads of rain (which I love), and the threat of hurricanes (which I love less). For once, I find that winter is my favorite season.
@AnneUser I wouldn't like the heat or the rain. I didn't know it rained much in Miami. I thought it was just hot. Well, the rain ought to cool things down, right?
@wolfgirl569 (41259)
• Marion, Ohio
Mine are by my name. But I actually live close to a small town called LaRue
@mythociate (19013)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I live in the Oklahoma City Metropolitan Area, right in the center of the state ... a city that's too big for the relatively few people who live in it. That's a GOOD THING because it means we're not crowded here. It's a BAD THING (at least when I live in the middle of the neighborhood, about an hour's walk away from 'the business district' (or 'the nearest hospital' or 'the store' or 'any restaurant') because I can't BE 'where the people are' without wearing myself out.