Songs in My Head - 7/20/21

@LindaOHio (71057)
I recently watched a biography of the Bee Gees; and it was not surprising that I would come away with at least one song in my head. "Nights on Broadway" was released in 1975 and is just one of my many favorites. The Bee Gees have had rather tragic lives. Barry Gibb is the only surviving brother of the group. Andy Gibb, the youngest, joined the group rather late; and the other brothers felt that he should have been with them all along and that the Bee Gees finally felt complete. Unfortunately Andy died shortly after joining the group due to a heart attack brought on by his drug use. Maurice died of complications of surgery; and Robin died of cancer. The Bee Gees wrote over 1,000 songs both for themselves and for other artists such as Barbra Streisand and Celine Dion. Do you have a song in your head? Photo Credit: Pixabay
Main Course is the Bee Gees' thirteenth album, released in 1975 for the RSO label, and their last album to be released by Atlantic Records in the U.S. under ...
@DocAndersen (45739)
The brother's gibb are banned in my house! my wife hears them, and off goes the radio!
@LindaOHio (71057)
What a shame! They are in my Top 10.
@DocAndersen (45739)
@LindaOHio i like them as well, just don't play them in my house!
@prinzcy (30994)
Wow, she really hates them.
I love the Bee Gees, this song is not my fave, but this one is:
Bee Gees "Stayin' Alive" official music video, remastered in HD. Subscribe for more videos: https://beegees.lnk.to/subscribeRead the story behind the 'Saturd...
@lovebuglena (30145)
• Staten Island, New York
I love this song!
@LindaOHio (71057)
@lovebuglena Me too! The whole soundtrack from Saturday Night Fever is pretty awesome.
@LindaOHio (71057)
@marlina Me too. I like the soundtrack from Saturday Night Fever.
@porwest (46907)
Yeah, Barry definitely turned out to be the "lucky" one of the group. Love that song by the way. But then, I like the Bee Gees in general.
@LindaOHio (71057)
Yeah, the biographies are always so sad. The Bee Gees are in my Top 10.
@porwest (46907)
@LindaOHio I would have to agree. If I were to make a Top 10 I think the Bee Gee's would be in there too. Along with Elton John, The Beatles, and you know what... I should actually try to come up with my top 10 and make a post. I'd actually be interested to know what I come up with. lol
@LindaOHio (71057)
@porwest It looks like I have the same Top 10. I wanted to go to Elton John's concert in Cleveland; but they didn't have any handicap seats. I would have to go in a wheelchair as I have mobility issues.
@111Cankovic (6130)
• Serbia
In the old Yugoslavia, the group Beez was quite popular. I didn't know these details you shared with us.1000 songs man! They were useful to me.
@LindaOHio (71057)
I've never heard of Beez. Yes, 1,000 songs. They wrote songs for many artists.
• Serbia
@LindaOHio I made a mistake in writing. Instead of Gees, I wrote Bees I can't believe you're so hairy, so it was obvious.
Sad lives they had, but awesome music!
@LindaOHio (71057)
Yup. They are in my Top 10.
@dgobucks226 (27536)
One of my favorite Bee Gees songs among many! I put that one as my final song on my Bee Gee's greatest hits playlist as it has such an upbeat rhythm with a powerful harmony. It adds a nice balance to their more mellow tunes. This song introduced the famous falsetto singing Barry used so successfully on the Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack...
@LindaOHio (71057)
Yes. Barry was pleasantly surprised that his falsetto voice was met with such a following.
@dgobucks226 (27536)
@LindaOHio Made them even more popular and introduced them to new fans too
@HazySue (38604)
• Inverness, Florida
Actually my head is quite empty of music this morning. Not a normal occurrence. I love the Bee Gees.
@LindaOHio (71057)
They are in my Top 10!
@HazySue (38604)
• Inverness, Florida
@Hate2Iron (15359)
Have to admit that I don't care for them, but they were definitely a talented bunch of guys!!
@LindaOHio (71057)
Yes, they wrote songs for many different artists.
@cahaya1983 (10540)
Not a big fan of the Bee Gees but I like their song "Alone".
@LindaOHio (71057)
The Bee Gees are in my Top 10.
@Yoshiro (110)
• Japan
My most favorite songs are hindi (melody)songs Like Kun faya kun Mera bhola hai bhandari Raabta
@LindaOHio (71057)
Thank you for sharing your favorites.
I love the Bee Gees but more the older songs, One of my favorites is Words that begins with the lovely words smile an everlasting smaile.
@LindaOHio (71057)
I like that one too.
@lovebuglena (30145)
• Staten Island, New York
I love The Bee Gees. I should have their greatest hits album. Unless I kept it at my parents’ house. Right now the song that’s stuck in my head is “Bad Habits” by Ed Sheeran.
@LindaOHio (71057)
I think I have the Greatest Hits and Saturday Night Fever. Thanks for sharing the song in your head.
I Have hearing this song for the first time, now this song is in my head hopefully nobody in my family knows about The brother's gibb :)
@LindaOHio (71057)
Thank you for commenting.
@CarolDM (145341)
Always a Bee Gees fan. No songs lately.
@LindaOHio (71057)
Yeah. They are right up there in my favorites list.
@VonHerman (377)
• Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Halo! The Bee Gees, ummm... "Nights on Broadway" let I search of that song. Mine,,, yes I have but in my own language, the song is "risalah hati". Reminds me of someone :). Hey, thanks for sharing! Have a great day. -Von Herman.
@LindaOHio (71057)
Thank you! You have a good day too!
@myklj999 (59882)
I remember when the Bee Gees were first known as the Billy Goats...I told Barry that wasn't a good name and suggested they just use the initials and make people guess what they stood for
@LindaOHio (71057)