Now I remember

@BarBaraPrz (32458)
St. Catharines, Ontario
What it was that I wanted to post about but forgot. Turns out it wasn't all that all encompassing as I made out. It was about a new word I learned: listicle. LISTICLE I'd never come across this word before and thought it was just something made up for the comic striip. But I looked it up (online) and found out that it was a real word. ___________________________________________ listicle /'l?st?k(?)l/ noun 1. a piece of writing or other content presented wholly or partly in the form of a list: "a recent BuzzFeed listicle called ‘21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith in Humanity’ has attracted more than 13 million views" Powered by Oxford Dictionaries __________________________________________ Have you run across this word before?
@Fleura (16138)
Not come across that before, but certainly that form of writing seems to be a very popular way to attract readers to websites. There are innumerable articles that pop up with titles like 'Twelve celebrities you won't recognise now' or 'Ten things to never eat if you want to lose weight'.
@BarBaraPrz (32458)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@GardenGerty That, too.
Sad. There are still so many English words that I know of it's a very difficult language. Don't know if they create new words daily
@BarBaraPrz (32458)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I think they do, or come up with new meanings for old words.
• Shenzhen, China
first time
@BarBaraPrz (32458)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Yeah, I first came across it in a comic strip last week. I hope I never come across it again.
It is the very first time that I read this word. i am searching and I see it's a "portmanteau" from list and article.
@BarBaraPrz (32458)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Yes, it's definitely a made-up word.
@BarBaraPrz I wonder how many people would understand what it means.
@BarBaraPrz (32458)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@LadyDuck I suppose I would have figured it out eventually, but I kept thinking "popsicle" and I knew that wasn't right.
@Anqaya (826)
No I've never heard of this word. But it also happens to me, forgetting the things I want to post I mean.
@BarBaraPrz (32458)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I guess it happens to all of us at one time or another.
@Anqaya (826)
@BarBaraPrz Yes you're right.
@topffer (42356)
• France
I knew it in French, I just did a search and I am happy to read that it is an English word at start. I always found it horrible.
@BarBaraPrz (32458)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
It is, isn't it?
@topffer (42356)
• France
@BarBaraPrz I was thinking that it was a neologism, because WE like them, I have learned that it was a "portmanteau word" today.
@YuleimaVzla (1500)
• Santa Rita, Venezuela
I am a lawyer and I have had to read many things, I have never come across that word, but just out of curiosity I will look for it as well. Thank you for opening us up to a sea of new knowledge.
@BarBaraPrz (32458)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
You're welcome.
I have seen it once or twice. My funny imagination makes me "see" icicles when that word comes up.
@BarBaraPrz (32458)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
It made me think of popsicles.
That's a new word for me too. I guess my ongoing "to do" list is a listicle
@BarBaraPrz (32458)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@JESSY3236 (14584)
Yeah I have. On Textbroker. Some articles are listicles.
@prinzcy (30998)
No, never heard of the word. This is the first time I heard it.