Busy Busy Busy

Happy Tuesday Everyone! I can't believe it's already Tuesday. After a busy weekend and another busy day yesterday I'm finally able to get back into my normal daily routine. Sunday my son and family came for a visit and it was a wonderful day. Of course it went by too fast but we made plans to visit again soon. While they were here we made a plan for my son to come in early November and paint the whole downstairs as well as do a backsplash in the kitchen. I'm so excited!! Nothing has been painted since I moved here 10 years ago and it's in dire need of some color on the walls. Now I have to pick out the paint color which will be one color throughout since my downstairs in an open floor plan and it would be hard to switch up colors. The half bath is included in the whole project too but that will be a different color and something bright and cheery. As for the backsplash the ones I wanted were on the line of mosaic glass but he said cutting glass is hard so we're going to look for something different but similar in pattern and colors. He earmarked the days he'll need to do the work so he doesn't book any jobs for those days other than mine. I don't want to make this post too long but... Yesterday the dog groomer came, my daughter had off from work and when the groomer was finished with the pups we went to Hobby Lobby and did some shopping. My online time was limited the past few days so I'm hoping to catch up a bit today. Hope everyone had a great weekend (especially my Canada friends who celebrated Thanksgiving)
Your son is so nice, I know that now you are excited waiting for the month of November. Do you already know which color would you like?
I'm thinking of a light gray because it's neutral. I'm excited to have it all painted even if it will cause a disruption but in the long run it will all be done and look nice for the holidays.
@Marilynda1225 Light gray is a very nice color, a neutral color is all the time a good choice.
@LadyDuck , Yes, I like the light gray also but not everywhere
@RebeccasFarm (48597)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
How exciting now getting all that done Marilyn but you are so busy. Now who is doing it for you a contractor?
My son is doing it for me Ocean. He's a licensed plumber, electrician and does all kinds of home improvements.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@Marilynda1225 I am so glad you don't have to deal with unknown. I wish he could come fix stuff for me.
@Marilynda1225 A man of many talents
• Midland, Michigan
Good job remembering the date of Canada's Thanksgiving, I've never remembered that yet The floor is done in the kitchen the island is being worked on and the drawers are being put together by her helper who is getting frustrated.
Everything is coming along nicely Marsha. The floors look great. Bet you can't wait for it to be finished.
• Midland, Michigan
@Marilynda1225 they expected to be done today but the drawers aren't coming together as quick as the cabinets did.
@MarshaMusselman hopefully it won't be a big hassle and they get them done
@DocAndersen (50579)
it was a long holiday weekend and yesterday was tough. still trying to catch up!!!!!
Long weekends always seem to throw off the rest of the week.
@DocAndersen (50579)
@Marilynda1225 they really do!
• Israel
@Marilynda1225 That is nice that your son can help you out with the painting. Ten years is a long time to go without painting. I understand. Everytime we move out of places if the place needs painting someone has to do it. I am glad that you got out after the groomer was done with the pups.
Yes 10 years is a long time to go without painting but it really didn't need it until recently. I don't have small children around to leave fingerprints I'm really looking forward to getting it all done
• Israel
@Marilynda1225 I am glad you can do it now and did not have to do it sooner. I hope it will get done soon.
@nela13 (44913)
• Portugal
I also need to repaint some rooms in my house.
I'm only doing the downstairs for now and maybe in the spring we'll do upstairs. I would love to repaint my bedroom.
@nela13 (44913)
• Portugal
@Marilynda1225 my bedroom also needs a new paint, but I have no idea when I will be able to do it.
@CarolDM (157983)
Happy for you. Blessed to have your family.
I am thankful every day Carol for my blessings
@CarolDM (157983)
@Marilynda1225 I know you are. Have a great day.
What color are you leaning toward for the downstairs? I'm sure it will make you feel like you're in a brand new home when it's finished. Hobby Lobby, eh? How did you do? Keep to a budget or go overboard?
I'm leaning towards a light gray for the walks and doing curtains in a navy I didn't get much in Hobby Lobby since the tarn I wanted wasn't on sale thus week. My daughter got a whole bunch of stuff
@Marilynda1225 Your pocketbook was happy the yarn wasn't on sale. That sounds pretty. You'll need to take a picture when you finish painting.
@sjvg1976 (30202)
Whenever it comes to paint walls I get confused in choosing the colors. I like light colors whereas my wife likes dark colors and ultimately my wife finalizes the colors as per her liking. Hope you selected the color and your son comes son to paint your floor.
I decided on light gray for the walls. It will give it a fresh new look
@sjvg1976 (30202)
@Marilynda1225 yes light gray will be good.
I'm sure you will love the new paint
As much as I'm going to hate the disruption I'm very hapoy that it's going to get done
@Marilynda1225 , I can understand that!
@wolfgirl569 (49110)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad you had a good visit. I need to repaint here also.
I've wanted to paint before this but last years lockdown put that idea out of my mind. Now that things are getting back to normal it's a priority on my list of "things to do"
@RubyHawk (39978)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Sounds like you have a lot going on.
It's rare that I have so much going on but I'm looking forward to having everything newly painted for the holidays
Spending time with family - what more can one ask for
I'm so happy my son is doing the job and I don't have to have a company come in to do it. I think it will be less disruptive too
You had such an exciting and promising weekend. You'll be so happy to have all of that painting and the backsplash work done so that you can enjoy the inside of your home all winter long. And thank you for the mention, it was a glorious and rich Thanksgiving here. We have so much to be thankful for, and we are.
We both have lots to be thankful for dont we I'm excited to get some fresh paint on the walls and have it all nice for the holidays
Oh my sounds like a lot of work. I am trying to gather the energy to paint one bathroom.
I'm not looking forward to the disruption but I am looking forward to having everything freshly painted. I can't do any painting myself anymore but back in the day I could do so much
@Dena91 (15646)
So happy you had a good visit with your son. That is great he'll be able to get your downstairs painted. I am sure it will be fantastic when it is done. Glad you got to spend some time with your daughter yesterday too. Have a great day.
I'm definitely luck that my son is going to be able to do everything I want done.
Sounds busy, what color paint are you thinking of?
I'm leaning toward a light gray with maybe an accent wall (haven't decided on that yet)
Yay! Nice you'll get new walls to look at! Do you and your daughter have a top3-5 list of colors you've talked about doing?
I’m so glad you had a wonderful visit with the family. I knew you would. Your son is so sweet to do all that work for you. I’m sure everything will look fresh and beautiful.