VacSEAnated

By ‘S
@sol_cee (28029)
Yesterday was my nephew’s fifth birthday. Instead of having the usual family dinner at my brother’s house, we went to the beach after 48 long years lol! The kids were very much excited from being locked up for too long. I am just glad to see them out. Of course safety protocols were observed and we were happy to comply. The beach was an hour and a half away from my city and I was shocked to see that people there didn’t wear their masks on. If it was in my city, they’d be penalized heavily. When we asked them where their masks were, they said their municipality isn’t that strict. Wow. Anyway, the beach was awesome! How about you? Is there a beach nearby where you live?
@DaddyEvil (63908)
I live in the middle of the continental US... The closest "beach" is a lake about 45 minutes drive from our house. We haven't been there in about six months... and when we saw people there without masks on, we turned around and came home again. Catching Covid isn't worth the couple of hours of fun we missed out on.
@sol_cee (28029)
A lake for a beach. Cool. I have never had a swim on? in? at? a lake. I went to Taal Lake and Volcano before but only to admire it from afar. It was epic
@sol_cee (28029)
@DaddyEvil interesting name! And such a big big lake!
@DaddyEvil (63908)
@sol_cee Yes, to both. It's also over 274 meters deep where we swim.
@sunrisefan (28068)
Did you wear your mask while swimming?
@sol_cee (28029)
lol no how about you?
@sunrisefan (28068)
@sol_cee I don't swim :)
@sol_cee (28029)
@sunrisefan right, you’re an insect
• Rockingham, Australia
The beach isn't too far from us but we're not really beach people. It's a shame that people weren't wearing their masks.
@sol_cee (28029)
You and Vince are more of a ‘mountain’ people?
• Rockingham, Australia
@sol_cee More of a 'bush' or 'country' person.
@sol_cee (28029)
@JudyEv what’s bush?
@JimBo452020 (73473)
• Montrose, Scotland
Oh yes I was born and brought up in a seaside town with a lovely beach Much of my child hood was spent at the beach.
@sol_cee (28029)
Do you know Moana?
@JimBo452020 (73473)
• Montrose, Scotland
@sol_cee How old is she?
@sol_cee (28029)
@sol_cee sweet 16
Switzerland is a landlocked country, we have no sea, we have no beaches.
@sol_cee (28029)
Oh yeah you told me about that here before
@sol_cee I have never been a big fan of the beaches, but sometimes I miss the Mediterranean sea.
@sol_cee (28029)
@LadyDuck did you go cruising there?
@brokenbee (10321)
Yes, it is so near but we don't go to the beach anymore... Hihihi I think the last time I went there was in 2015 but I didn't swim... We can walk going there but my parents are not fond of going to the beach... Actually we have relatives who live near the beach...
@sol_cee (28029)
My husband’s hometown is near the beach too but we seldom go there. My sister found this ‘instagrammable’ beach online and that was where we went
@brokenbee (10321)
@sol_cee Yup, the view there is great while ours is just an ordinary beach. But it's a peaceful place. Before we also have lots of tourists in the resorts here in my hometown...
@sol_cee (28029)
@brokenbee How about now? I heard some restrictions were lifted
@JESSY3236 (15424)
Not near here, but we have some beaches on the coast. I have been for a few years. I don't like the beach anymore.
@sol_cee (28029)
Why is that?
@JESSY3236 (15424)
@sol_cee I don't like getting sand everywhere and I don't like how wet sand feels. The many times I have gone I didn't have a good time. Mostly because my uncle's best friend is a rude person.
@sabtraversa (12201)
The closest coast is about an hour drive, but the closest beaches are of stone. Here we don't have to wear masks when outdoors, unless there are too many people around. That's a lovely sight, very nice sky too! So blue!
@sol_cee (28029)
What do you mean by closest beaches are of stone?
@sabtraversa (12201)
@sol_cee There are rocks and pebbles, if I wanted to go to sandy beaches I'd have to travel further, about two hours.
Happy birthday to your nephew. No beach near me. Haven't gotten the chance to use the pool in the condo yet. I miss the beach as well.
@sol_cee (28029)
Is the condo pool crowded?
@sol_cee not really. People need to register and get a schedule before hand so it isn't crowded. Most I think that they allow is 8-10 persons and people only get to use the pool for an hour.
@moonandstars (57689)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
it's far away but, there is a lake just, it's cold, of course. happy belated birthday to him.
@sol_cee (28029)
Haha reminds me of a friend who had a cold shower in winter because he didn't pay his electric bill.
@averygirl72 (27460)
Nice sounds fun. I miss going to beaches
@sol_cee (28029)
Yeah just don't forget to wear sunblock
@RebeccasFarm (55188)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
No there is no beach here. I am in the middle of the USA well sort of. I used to live by a beach however. I miss it. I am so glad you got out. Yes different protocols here too..its crazy.
@sol_cee (28029)
You know, there will be a national election next year and people are saying that the safety protocols aren’t implemented as hard as before because politicians want to be on the good side of the voters. Many people and their young kids go to the mall now. Like what?
I envy that place. I only wished they don't get infected over there.
@RubyHawk (45694)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I don’t live near a beach, nice that your family could go. I would be worried that others didn’t wear a mask,
@kaylachan (28067)
Somewhere around two miles or less. We can get there in about five minutes. Although I don't go to the beach. Somehow, being able to go whenever you want, just doesn't have the same appeal.
@rakski (103677)
oh wow!!! that is awesome! I hope to be able to visit one soon too
@Deepizzaguy (58355)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
The closest beach is in Beaumont Texas which is about 60 miles west of Lake Charles Louisiana.