A very significant day. Maybe.

@1creekgirl (29742)
Two years ago our daughter Tammy was in an auto accident. An Uber driver turned in front of her at a stoplight and caused Tammy to run into her. At first we thought it wasn't such a bad wreck, but it soon became apparent the Tammy's hip was injured. She had surgery, but about a year ago she started having a lot of pain in that hip. Turns out the first surgeon didn't smooth the bone and now she has pain from bone rubbing against bone. All this time they've been waiting for a law suit against Uber to be settled. They're in mediation today to see if an agreement can be reached or if they'll have to go to trial. All this would have been bad enough if Tammy had not already been dealing with her other very significant health issues. I won't go into the details...so many of you have read my posts and have been so wonderful with your prayers and concern for her. Her new surgeon won't consider a second surgery on her hip until her other issues are resolved. And if the Mayo Clinic couldn't help her, we don't when that might happen. Now whenever they go anywhere, she has to ride in a cart or whatever since she can't walk very long without a lot of pain. The settlement will be nice and can be a good savings account. But all the money in the world can't give you good health and relief from pain. So, I hope all goes well today, although these things take a lot time. Thanks again for your prayers and concern for my sweet girl.
@CarolDM (169262)
• Nashville, Tennessee
I certainly hope things work out in her favor and she can also get her health issues corrected.
@1creekgirl (29742)
Thank you, Carol.
@CarolDM (169262)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@Dena91 (16778)
I am so sorry that it has taken this long to be resolved for Tammy. You're certainly correct there is no amount of money to have good health and be free of pain. Continued prayers for her.
@1creekgirl (29742)
I so much appreciate your prayers, Dena.
@JimBo452020 (80628)
• Montrose, Scotland
I would rather have good health and no pain than money. I hope it goes well for her today
@1creekgirl (29742)
Thanks, Jim. It will be a while before it's final.
That's so sad, I hope that they come to an agreement with this, that will be 1 hurdle overcome.
@1creekgirl (29742)
With her health like it is, a nice amount for the future would be a blessing.
@Nawsheen (28791)
• Mauritius
Feeling so sorry for Tammy. She must be in such a great pain. I hope that the doctors figure out something to make her feel better and get back to her normal self
@1creekgirl (29742)
We've been praying for that. Thank you!
@FourWalls (38550)
Oh, I pray she gets a GOOD settlement. You’re right, money can’t replace the health that’s been depleted but it can help ensure a little security if things reach a point where she can’t work any longer. I just hate the idea that insurance companies won’t settle until a lawyer gets involved and 25%-33% of the settlement goes into THEIR pocket.
@1creekgirl (29742)
Tammy already had to retire on disability. And she had such a good job with a really great company. She loved it and was very successful...it was so hard when she had to quit. She hates being retired.
Wishing that it gets settled soon and that the docs find a solution to this huge problem. Sending good vibes.
@1creekgirl (29742)
Thank you so much, Marlina.
I agree the money would be nice but the pain she is suffering from.. cant be paid off.
@1creekgirl (29742)
That's so true. Money doesn't help when you're in pain.
@1creekgirl sure doesn't. Poor girl. Hope she got it done today
@1creekgirl (29742)
@Courtlynn Found out they have until the 10th to decide.
@LindaOHio (82639)
This one strikes home because I can't walk far; and I've gotten two different sets of opinions about my condition. I hope that things work out well for Tammy and she can get some relief from the pain she's in. Things can be so complicated; and I wish it were possible for her to get the surgery she needs ASAP. Continuing to have her in my thoughts and prayers.
@1creekgirl (29742)
I know you can understand how it is to not be able to walk much. If they could just figure out how to help her other issues, then she could have the hip surgery again. Thank you so much for your prayers.
@LindaOHio (82639)
@1creekgirl I hope things work out for her.
@rakski (104026)
I'm sorry to know this but I hope and pray that everything will go just fine with her
@1creekgirl (29742)
I appreciate the prayers!
@rakski (104026)
@RubyHawk (50375)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I’m so sorry your daughter is in pain.I hope everything is settled soon and she can get the help she needs.
@1creekgirl (29742)
Thank you.
@RubyHawk (50375)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@1creekgirl You’re welcome. Your daughter has my best wishes for her good health.
@TheSojourner (37189)
I hope that things go as well as can be in this situation. I'm so sorry she has to endure all of it.
@1creekgirl (29742)
Thank you, Coral. It seems to have gone well, but no decision yet.
@1creekgirl it will come in time.
All of that sounds like a lot to go through. I hope things get better for her and your family. That lawsuit won't fix her but at least it will be something for her suffering. I hope she get's that second surgery though and it helps.
@1creekgirl (29742)
Thank you for your kind wishes.
@askme123 (3293)
Sorry to hear They should have reach a settlement already. Are they gonna refund all her medical expenses?
@1creekgirl (29742)
I don't know what she'll get. Thanks for the kind words.
• Rockingham, Australia
That is so sad that your daughter is still in pain. I hope the issues are resolved soon.
@1creekgirl (29742)
Thank you, Judy.
@Faster16 (2121)
bone rubbing against bone? I'm sick of hearing that
@1creekgirl (29742)
Yeah, it hurts to just think about.
Best of luck and I sure hope things work out, I will keep her in my prayers,
@1creekgirl (29742)
I sure appreciate your prayers.
So sad and frustrating as well.
@1creekgirl (29742)
At least maybe the financial stress will be better soon.
@Ronrybs (13813)
• London, England
That is terrible. Talk about justice delayed is justice denied, it seems the legal system has no care that they are dealing with people's lives
@1creekgirl (29742)
They drag it on as long as possible so people will give up and settle.
So sorry for Tammy. I hope that something can resolved today, that will help her out signinificantly.
@1creekgirl (29742)
It seems to have gone well, but nothing final yet.