Ahhhhhh………

@FourWalls (38358)
What a nice reward! As I’m single, if I want a treat guess who’s going to give it to me. Today I treated myself as a “reward” of sorts for meeting my weight loss goals. I got a massage. A nice, long (90-minute) massage. Ron’s been my masseur for, gee, I guess 25 years now. Maybe a little longer. And there’s a reason for that: he’s GOOD. I went in with a lot of aches. I came out with none. (Well, except this pain the weather’s giving me, but he can’t do anything about that. ) As with everything else in this world, I know massages aren’t everyone’s cup of tea. One of my best friends came down from Michigan and spent a few days with me. We went to the State Fair and saw the Oak Ridge Boys together. And, while there, I stopped by the massage school Ron works for and got a 10-minute chair massage. My friend recoiled in horror at the thought of a massage. (And they say there are people who don’t like chocolate, either. ) Different strokes for different folks, I know. But for me, a massage is one of the best gifts I can give myself. As the Jackson Five said….ENJOY YOURSELF!
Official music video for "Enjoy Yourself" by The Jacksons?Listen to The Jacksons: https://TheJacksons.lnk.to/listenYD?Subscribe to the official Jacksons YouT...
• Peoria, Arizona
That sounds lovely. I am apprehensive for a massage, just because I feel like they will need to call in a chiropractor and an exorcist for my back
@FourWalls (38358)
My masseur is so, so good. We talk before he begins, so he knows where I’m hurting. And, when my back is barking at me, I’ll tell him to stay off my low back. And he does.
• Peoria, Arizona
@FourWalls That sounds so good!
@askme123 (2741)
Would you prefer if a woman at the massage school gave you a massage
@FourWalls (38358)
It doesn’t matter to me (I’m female, for the record). My brother refuses to get a full-body massage from a man.
@FourWalls I prefer men doing the massage, as they don't have as light a touch.
@askme123 (2741)
@FourWalls Oh because of the big dog as your profile I thought you were male.So sorry
@DocAndersen (54961)
we have to take care of us! Ron sounds like a gift!
@FourWalls (38358)
That’s why he’s been my masseur for 25 years. I know a good thing when I feel one on my back!!!
@DocAndersen (54961)
@FourWalls i've had a lot of people on my back over the years, none of them were a fun experience.
@FourWalls (38358)
@DocAndersen If I’m paying him instead of him paying me then he’ll do what I ask!!!!
@CarolDM (167906)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Whatever makes you happy and feel good, go for it.
@FourWalls (38358)
Oh, I needed that. My pecs were so sore.. Not anymore!!!
@CarolDM (167906)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@LindaOHio (81929)
A massage would feel so good; but I'm not taking my clothes off and exposing my overweight body! Glad you enjoyed it.
@FourWalls (38358)
I’m under blankets. And he’s pushing 70. Plus, the way I look at it, anything anybody “sneaks a peek” at will make them sick, which is what they deserve for sneaking a peek! Their “rule” is that you undress “to your level of comfort.” I treated my brother to a massage for his birthday one year, and he said he stripped to his skivvies.
@LindaOHio (81929)
@FourWalls Interesting. My husband always wants to get a massage. I gave him a certificate for Christmas a couple of years ago; and he never went. :-(
@DaddyEvil (67684)
I started taking a course to become a masseuse but found that the arthritis in my hands won't leave me alone long enough to do a good job... *shrug* Once in a while I used to treat a friend to a chair massage, but that's the best I can do without ending up in pain myself.
@FourWalls (38358)
I don’t know how therapists do it, to tell you the truth, unless the act of massaging helps their hands.
@DaddyEvil (67684)
@FourWalls Yeah, when my hands kept cramping up, I dropped the class.
@RebeccasFarm (56194)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Love that song..remember it well. You are blessed to be able to get massages. Glad it was a treat for you.
@FourWalls (38358)
It was a real treat, indeed. They are expensive, so I can’t get one as often as I “need” one. That’s why I don’t go to a chiropractor: it’s too expensive anymore (it used to be $10, now it’s $40….per session).
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@FourWalls Oh yes it is dang expensive I know
@moonandstars (52736)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
everyone has their kind of reward. i 've tried this once and didn't repeat it.
@FourWalls (38358)
I understand. They really aren’t for everyone. That’s why we have all these different things out there. I have a friend who’s a massive roller coaster enthusiast, while I get nauseous just watching a video of one. The most important thing is that you do reward yourself for a job well done!
I'm certainly envious of your massage. Sounds absolutely heavenly
@FourWalls (38358)
He’s the best. He’ll do exactly what I ask him to do or not do. I’ve had other massage therapists who would not leave my low back alone when it was acting up, but Ron listens. We have a “what’s hurting today” chat before the session starts, so he knows where I want focused.
@saytama (455)
• Chisinau, Moldova
I would not refuse a massage! Work hits my back hard
@FourWalls (38358)
I had a secretarial job, so I understand how bad the back can hurt from work. Hope you can find a way to get some relief.
• Rockingham, Australia
I have a gift voucher for a hot rocks massage. I really need to get to and make an appointment.
@FourWalls (38358)
Ooh, now that sounds good.
@PhredWreck (6001)
I hope that someone gets my... I hope that someone gets my... I hope that someone gets my... Massage in a bottle...
@FourWalls (38358)
Oh, Phred, what are we gonna do with you……
@TheSojourner (39311)
I used to treat myself to an hour full-body massage twice a month, when I was working. I haven't had one in over five years. And that was one of my favorite J5 songs!
@FourWalls (38358)
That’s a shame that you haven’t had one in a long while. “Treat” is an understatement. It’s one of the best things you can do for yourself, in my opinion.
Glad you enjoyed your massage, I have never had one and am not particular to them, Back in the day fi I was really stiff and noted my hubby used to massage my shoulders and that was nice,
I am dying to get a massage. I was scheduled for one when Vivid hit and haven't been able to set up for another one
@RubyHawk (49435)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Go to it if that’s what you like. More power to ya.