Be Mindful

Zambia - Zimbabwe border bridge
@Inlemay (17685)
South Africa
This morning I was chatting to my daughters about being mindful with their spending in January because January is always the struggle month especially with those that have children starting school and also after the Christmas spending spree - or overindulgence most times. It's been a while since I have posted anything - life has been hectic, however, the proverb 'no news is good news' might rightfully apply here. The lack of travel has me still feeling very captured in my 'bubble' - I Have had my Booster Jab but sadly not everyone is doing this so when will the virus ever stop "virus'ing" the world? Happy Day to everyone
Hello and Happy New Year Lany. We have hope for new treatments coming from two Swiss laboratories. The vaccine is not stopping the virus, as the actual vaccine is useless for Omicron, but new medications to prevent to get sick are on the way.
I hope you are having a good day and that is good you got your Booster.
@xFiacre (10440)
@inlemay Hi Lany I hate January from a financial point of view because my employer very kindly gives me my December pay not at the end on the month as usual but a few days before Christmas. Got it on 20th this year which sounds great till I remember I have to make it last until 31 January.
• Rockingham, Australia
4h
It was good to see your name on a discussion of mine. I'm glad no news is good news. We are to have our boosters next week. Our state has had no cases for ages but we're about to open the border to the east and then the proverbial will hit the fan. Numbers over east are horrendous.
13h
Long time, no see! It's good to have you back, the only voice from South Africa as far as I know.
@CarolDM (167906)
• Nashville, Tennessee
15h
Good to see you. Hoping for better days. I hope you can travel soon.
• Nairobi, Kenya
17h
Welcome back and happy day too. Yeah, January requires more money
18h
My bank account is always happy in January that it's not taking a hit as it does in December. I hope you can get out of your 'bubble' soon and start traveling again. I know it's dependent on the virus.
18h
Hi happy day too, thanks btw. This makes me smile:) First of all is go and get some fresh air for yourself to make you feel better, I think(?) If you have no time to do it, you can sit infront of your house's yard and have a cup of tea/coffe haha, I usually do this, and it really works on me btw. And believe that our world is get better so it will be normal soon, I hope so;) just keep spirit and keep healthy
19h
Nice to see you're back. That photo is stunning, I love the rainbow. Happy New Year
@Fleura (18337)
20h
Happy new year! Hope you and your daughter make it to the end of the month still solvent!