January 26 - What I'm Thankful for Today

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Someone say COLD. I woke up this morning to -13 F with a wind chill of -25 F. Baby, that's COLD! No, I didn't go outside. I won't return to the pool until this cold snap leaves and temps are in the positive territory again at 4:30 in the morning. I'm thankful I went down to work on the stationary bike this morning and met a group of people exercising to a video. I worked on the bike. Maybe next time I'll join the class. I also stayed for coffee and met the ladies. Though I don't drink coffee, I also didn't indulge in the sweets they offered. Somehow, having sweets after exercise is an oxymoron. How can you hope to lose weight if you're eating sweets after exercise? Makes no sense. At least not to me. However, it was a good time and they invited me to join them tomorrow for Canasta. It will be a learning experience for me since I don't know how to play that card game. I'm thankful I have the notifications finished. It was great being here and interacting with you. I'm thankful I made the turkey meatloaf today. I never made it before, always having beef, but this time, I decided to try it and I love it. I made broccoli stir fry and baked potatoes to go with it. Okay, that's my day so far. Time to work on Love's Illusions. Maybe I'll finish the editing portion so I can start writing again to finish it this time. We'll see how it goes. What are you thankful for today? Thanks for reading. The image belongs to me.
• Rockingham, Australia
Canasta is a great game but I've just about forgotten how to play it. It's not as simple as some card games and there are a number of variations to it.
Yeah, I just looked at the rules. I decided playing would be easier than reading.
• Rockingham, Australia
@just4him Yes. Best to join in and learn as you go really. You probably won't win for a week or three but you'll get there eventually.
@JudyEv My partner and I won a couple of hands, and ultimately the game. I was surprised as we started out slow with the score. It was fun though.
@CarolDM (182038)
What a pretty photo. Glad you stayed for coffee and met the ladies. A cold one here but nothing like yours.
We're supposed to get up to 10 today. It's 7 right now. Thank you. I took it a couple of days ago when it snowed.
@CarolDM (182038)
@just4him That is bitter cold. Looks like a greeting card.
@CarolDM It is bitter cold. Thank you.
@wolfgirl569 (53383)
• Marion, Ohio
Maybe they are just trying to maintain weight. Thankful I am more stubborn than Monster
I'm glad you're more stubborn than Monster. Could be. I'm doing my best to lose.
@RubyHawk (58988)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Glad you had a good day. I’m thankful for Another sunny day even tho it was cold. and a nice long chat with my sister. One thing I’m not thankful for is all the spam calls. My phone has rang all day.
I'm sorry you got a lot of spam calls yesterday. I'm glad you spoke with your sister.
@RubyHawk (58988)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@just4him Thank you. Spam is the same every day other than Sunday. How do you avoid them?
@RubyHawk I don't get spam calls. Maybe because my number is still new.
We have made turkey meatloaf a few times. We like it.
I'm glad you do. Mine turned out well.
@just4him Have you tried it in chili ? It’s good. We make several things with it.
@Tampa_girl7 No, I haven't. Thanks for the suggestion.
@Suryaarga (159)
• Semarang, Indonesia
what a beautiful photo, there is nothing like that at my place.
I'm sure there isn't. Thank you.
Umm, what am I thankful for today? I guess that I remembered to use my tote bags,oh and I got Christmas cards for .10 at Dollar General. Guess who will be sending out Christmas cards the day after Thanksgiving later this year. I have other ones to use as well.
That's great you'll be sending out Christmas cards this year. I usually forget my tote bags. I have several and add a new one all the time when I shop at Aldi. It's great you remembered to use yours.
I am glad that is is never that cold here. It is ages that I do not play Canasta, I do no even remember how to play.
I'm glad it doesn't get that cold there. I'm going to learn.
@just4him - Today started cold, but it is getting better now. I remember we played Canasta when I was a teenager.
@LadyDuck I'm glad it's getting nicer outside. I remember my cousins playing it at Grandma's when I was a kid. I never played though until yesterday. It was a lot of fun.
@kobesbuddy (148403)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Having fitness equipment available at your new apartment complex, God is good:) Who needs sweets, to have fun? Don't even have to leave the building, to enjoy new friends and learning how to play Canasta:) Wonderful, Valerie! Turkey meatloaf is delicious, I'm glad you made one for your meals. Life with the Lord is very rewarding! It was four degrees here this morning, now it's up to 20:)
I agree. I just looked at the rules for canasta. I'll wait until I get there to learn it. It was confusing. It was 19 here when I got up. It's up to 26 now. A huge change from yesterday. I'll finish the turkey meatloaf today. It was better than I expected.
@kobesbuddy (148403)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him It's supposed to get up around 30 degrees here, what a switch!
@kobesbuddy We don't hit the 30s until next week. Yes, it is a switch.
@kaylachan (32896)
I don't blame you. I'm tired of this miserable weather, too. I'm glad you had a good time. I'm thankful that things are peaceful and the weather didn't turn out to be to bad. Sure the ground was wet, but I stayed dry when I went out.
I'm glad you stayed dry when you went out. Thank you. I'm glad it was good too.
@kaylachan (32896)
@just4him I feel like I lucked into that one. Mother nature was kind to us in that reguard.
@kaylachan I'm glad Mother Nature was kind to you.
@moonandstars (57591)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i love turkey meatloaf. i was thankful for having a good walk.
I'm glad you had a good walk.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@just4him thank you. it's my venting out system and a practise too
@Deepizzaguy (65140)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I am thankful that I was able to get the latest Windows update on the computer this afternoon and the nice cool weather outside with no rain coming for the rest of day even though the low temperatures will be in the mid 30s tonight.
That's great you got the latest Windows update. Are you working in Windows 11?
@Deepizzaguy (65140)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@just4him Not yet since my nephew who knows about computers more than I do will be updating it soon.
@JESSY3236 (16122)
pretty picture.
Thank you.
@kimokono (65)
• Egypt
Glad you had a good day
Thank you.
Maybe the thinking is that the exercise would keep them from gaining - so they indulge a bit.
That could be.
@mom210 (8754)
i do agree with the staying away from the sweets,does not make tons of sense. good job on the bike time, sounds like it was a good workout.
It was, thank you.
thanks for sharing the awesome experience. The photo is lovely
You're welcome. I'm glad you like the photo.
@Dena91 (17714)
Your part of the country is in the bitter freeze. Praying you all to stay safe through it. We'll be getting some of the cold here but nothing like your temp's. Calling for snow again Friday night into Saturday morning. Glad you met some new ladies and will be joining them in Canasta. I've heard of it but never played it before. Your meal sounds delicious. I'm glad you liked the turkey meatloaf. We have made it with turkey before too and liked it for a change. I am thankful for being able to get my hair cut. I surely needed it. Have a blessed evening.
I'm glad you got your hair cut. We are out of the deep freeze today. Praise GOD!!! We're getting flurries this morning. It won't amount to much if anything. I'm going to learn the game today. I'm looking forward to it. It was a good evening. Thank you. I hope your day is blessed.
That would be nice if you can meet some new friends there.
Thank you. Yes, it is.
@franxav (12715)
It's inspiring that you find something to be thankful for even in that unbearable weather.
Thank you. There's always something to be thankful for.