What Am I Doing Today? waiting

Happy Wednesday everyone! a rainy day here today I'm waiting for our delivery today for the barbecue grill and the furniture for the deck. Of course it's raining but then again the stuff coming is for outside anyway Waiting just throws a whole monkey wrench into the day. No window of time and just a 8am to 8pm schedule. I just hope they come early enough that I don't waste the whole day waiting. I'm excited though to have a new barbecue since I love grilling and it makes life so much easier during the summer months. Our old one died a few years ago and I really thought we wouldn't miss it but we did. The little indoor smokeless grill we got just didn't cut it when it came to enjoying grilled food. I really hope the weather starts to get nice so I can sit outside and enjoy our new stuff. One of my favorite pasttimes is having my coffee on the deck in the early morning and of course sitting out there with a good book and reading. I got a text from my daughter in law this morning saying she's going to make her "famous" carrot cake for Mothers Day so that brought a smile to my face. She makes the best carrot cake....yum! Other than playing the waiting game there isn't much else new today.
@DaddyEvil (80961)
It's storming again here. The hail hitting the windows woke me up. What would you be doing if you weren't waiting for the truck to show up? Can't you do those things anyway? I'm sure the delivery people know how to ring a doorbell. I hope you enjoy your day.
I'm sure I could continue my day and hear the doorbell ring. I just hate to be vacuuming or mopping the floors (that type of stuff) when the bell rings. Actually it didn't really interfere much as they were here by 1pm and my waiting is over. Sounds like you're getting some very nasty weather especially hail. We have rain but it's light and no storms involved.
@DaddyEvil (80961)
@Marilynda1225 If you felt like it, I'd go to your house and wait for the delivery while reading a book... You could come here and clean house until the delivery was made so the delivery didn't interfere with anything you were doing. (Pretty does our floors and dusts. I do the dishes and clean half the bathroom: toilet and sink.) Good! I'm glad they got there semi-early. We normally sleep during the day but the thunder keeps waking both of us up.
@DaddyEvil see if we lived closer everything would have worked out. I think Ptetty gets the better part of cleaning. I hate doing the bathroom You really are getting some nasty weather there. Do you think you'll ever see the sun again??? Now we just need to get a propane tank for the BBQ and we'll be in business
Is it a big stand alone grill? You must excited about the new furniture and grill. You should take a pic. I really like carrot cake, one of my faves. One of the best cakes I ever had was a homemade carrot cake, that was before food processors I think, or at least she didn't have one. She said it took her 4 hours to grate the carrots!
Yes it's a stand alone bbq grill with a side burner. The only thing now is we need to get the propane tank. My daughter in law grates the carrots by hand and I don't know if that's what makes her cake so good but I'm definitely looking forward to it. A Mothers Day gift for me!!
@Marilynda1225 Couldn't she just use a food processor? That is a heck of a lot of work to grate by hand. Also, they have those little matchstick carrots you can buy in the store.
@snowy22315 I'm not going to put my 2 cents into her baking I just get to enjoy her expertise
Nothing like a good grilled steak or hot dog.
I can't wait to be able to do some grilling. How have you been Angie?
@JimBo452020 (42933)
Waiting. It ruins many a life. My pal is always waiting on deliveries arriving. His life is ruled by it.
It would be nice if they gave an idea of what time they were coming. Waste of time to sit around waiting for the doorbell to ring
@JimBo452020 (42933)
@Marilynda1225 I keep telling my pal that. He wastes days waiting on stuff. I laugh when stuff doesnt arrive lol He gets pissed off with me lol
@moonandstars (59060)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i hope delivery comes and that sun appears
Delivery arrived Sun didn't
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@dodo19 (45989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It's definitely not always fun having to wait around all day. I'm sure you'll enjoy it once it's all set up.
It was here by 1pm so it didn't interfere too much.
@dodo19 (45989)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Marilynda1225 That's definitely something. Glad it didn't interfere too much.
@RebeccasFarm (65131)
How exciting for you Marilyn. I bet that barbecue will be beautiful! It is so nice to get something new. Happy Mothers Day in advance sweet one.
I can't wait to be able to grill up some good food for dinners. Happy Mothers Day to you my friend xoxoxo
@Marilynda1225 Thank you
@CarolDM (186459)
We had rain overnight. Cloudy today and a little cooler, a perfect day! Carrot cake is a favorite.
I was never much of a carrot cake fan until my daughter in law made hers. It's soooo good so I'm so happy that she's bringing it for Mothers Day
@CarolDM (186459)
@Marilynda1225 Oh I love that cake very much.
@FourWalls (43795)
What a coincidence, I’m waiting, too! I ordered a new microwave and TV (one was going bad, the other is a belated birthday present to myself), and I’m waiting for Best Buy to deliver them. Oh, well. It’s a perfectly miserable day (overcast and in the low 60s, feeling more like the 50s) to stay inside, drink hot tea, and wait. Hope you have a good day!
Hope yu didn't have to wait too long for your delivery. You got two awesome things without having to leave the house to spend money My stuff was here by 1pm so it wasn't too bad.
@FourWalls (43795)
@Marilynda1225 — I ordered it around 9 AM, it was here by 11:30, and I was finished busting up the boxes and and setting up the TV and microwave by 2 PM. I like this because my Apple TV remote works the TV (the old TV wasn’t very “smart” LOL).
I hope the weather changes so that you can enjoy everything fully. Carrot cake is the cake l make best.
I bet your carrot cake is delicious too. Do you make it with cream cheese frosting?
That sounds great. I'm sure that you have had your patio furniture and grill delivered by now. Don't forget to treat the grill appropriately so that food doesn't stick to it.
@LindaOHio (95314)
How exciting to be getting a new grill and patio furniture. I'm glad you didn't have to wait all day. Have a great day.
• Rockingham, Australia
I just read in the comments that the items have been delivered so that's good. You can now get on with the rest of your day.
@wolfgirl569 (55698)
• Marion, Ohio
Hope the stuff got there early