Cat Mom & Crazy Bird Lady

@CarolDM (182065)
Sharing the Cat Mom shirt given to me awhile back by a friend. I should get one that says Crazy Bird Lady as well. Have been watching a few birds and their nests lately. So far I have counted four nests. And those are just the ones I can see. There are also some in the 35 feet tall pine trees. I watch the blackbirds and mockingbirds take food to the nests in the pines, but I can't see any babies. I want to get a ladder to look for the nests, but I decided that was not a good idea. So I will watch from the ground. A few days ago I found a Robin nest right outside one of my windows. The Dude and I watch it from the window. I will share more about it soon. And the bluebirds are doing good so far, incubating the five eggs now. A happy time in my yard right now. Photo is mine.
@RubyHawk (59012)
• Atlanta, Georgia
The spring season in my opinion is the best time of the year.all the little critters out making homes and having babies. It’s the happiest time of the year.
@CarolDM (182065)
Spring is almost gone with the warmer temperatures. But I am enjoying the birds for sure.
@RubyHawk (59012)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@CarolDM It’s been a lot cooler the last few days but it will be hot again in a day or so.
@CarolDM (182065)
@RubyHawk 85 here today. Not comfortable at all.
@LindaOHio (91468)
Love the shirt. You probably get so many nests because of the easy access to food and water. You are definitely the CBL and Bird Whisperer.
@CarolDM (182065)
And mostly the mature trees to build nests. There are many other birds in the trees, have found four nests so far. Thanks!
@LindaOHio (91468)
@CarolDM I can just see you crawling around in the bushes and reaching for the tree branches!
@CarolDM (182065)
@LindaOHio I have been doing just that in other bushes. But I decided to leave them alone for now.
• Israel
@CarolDM I am glad the bluebirds are doing good so far and I hope it continues that way. I love your shirt. Someone could design a shirt for you that would say cat Mom and bird lady and have a picture of the two cats and you in it and a picture of a bird or one of the birds that nests in your yard. You could also have a nice t-shirt made in Dustin's memory if you would like.
@CarolDM (182065)
Thank you. This shirt was designed for me in the photo. I hope to get another one soon. I have many Dustin shirts. Many of his shirts as well.
• Israel
@CarolDM I am glad you have many of his shirts. I can see that it was designed and it is a great shirt and so glad you will be getting another one and would like to see that one. It looks like the person that designed that one is an artist. It is really really good.
@CarolDM (182065)
@Hannihar Thank you.
@Kouponkaren (3194)
Sounds like your yard is a very busy place these days. I love bluebirds. I never saw them when I lived in CT but there are lots of them here in Georgia.
@CarolDM (182065)
Yes it is full of birds now.
@CarolDM That's wonderful. I like to sit outside with a cup of tea or coffee at any time of day and just listen to the birds. It's very soothing to me.
@CarolDM (182065)
@Kouponkaren I do it almost every day.
That shirt is sooooo cute!! You have a lot going on outside your window these days. Do Brendel and Dude sleep through all that bird activity or do they sit and watch anticipating a free meal?
@CarolDM (182065)
Thanks, my friend sent this shirt to me awhile back, it is a favorite. It is a busy time in my yard. Brendel sleeps most of the time in the screen room these days. I think her birding days are pretty much done. Back in the day, she would be glued to the windows. But Dude is right beside me from one window to another, and he talks to the birds. So cute. They are indoor cats, so they only eat cat food and treats thankfully.
@CarolDM my dogs are similar to your cats. Gizmo is an old man now and sleeps most of the day whereas Mush is loves being by the window an seeing what's going on outside. She also loves to go for walks with my daughter, I've had both indoor cats and outdoor cats in previous years and outdoor cats would bring in all sorts of things. We had one cat that loved to bring in mice and half the time they were still alive. We had a rule that she wasn't allowed in the house unless you did a whole mouth check
@CarolDM (182065)
@Marilynda1225 Momma Kitty was an outdoor cat and she always brought me and Dustin gifts. He laughed so much at her and what she would drag home. The mice she brought were alive too. Such good memories you helped me to remmebr.
When I think about birds and cats all together, I can´t help remembering Tweety and Sylvester. I confess I was always for Sylvester.
@CarolDM (182065)
Yes I remember them as well. Thankfully my cats stay indoors, so they can't get to the birds. But they talk to them all the time.
@KityCat (7015)
The shirt looks awesome
@CarolDM (182065)
Thank you.
@Rashnag (28158)
• Surat, India
Lovely tshirt. Glad to know about birds you are watching. Have a good time. Take care
@CarolDM (182065)
Thank you.
• Rockingham, Australia
Climbing a ladder probably isn't a very good idea. It's great you have so many nests there.
@CarolDM (182065)
Staying off the ladders. Each year there are more nests.
I do not think the ladder would be a good idea either ha. I wonder why they would place their nests so high up? For safety l would guess.
@CarolDM (182065)
No ladder for me. The larger birds build higher to keep it protected I am sure.
You are lucky to see all those birds. I can hear the birds singing here but it is hard to see them among the palm trees.
@CarolDM (182065)
Each year there are more, the trees mature. I feel blessed.
@wolfgirl569 (53383)
• Marion, Ohio
I just noticed that the babies in a robin nest here will soon be out of it
@CarolDM (182065)
I love the robin babies, and the others as well.
@Dena91 (17714)
I love your shirt. I hope you have many baby birds soon.
@CarolDM (182065)
Thanks it has become a favorite. It will be a few weeks but I hope they all hatch safely too. Thanks again Dena.
@Ronrybs (15098)
• London, England
I see they got Eeyore on the mug as well!
@CarolDM (182065)
Yes, you noticed! Many did not.
I just love that shirt, its so cute. It would be nice to have a bird lover shirt, not a crazy bird lady shirt, that would not fit you.
@CarolDM (182065)
Thanks, my friend knows me pretty well. It has become a favorite. I found a bird shirt, I may have to order it myself. Something I never do. Thank you!
@sabtraversa (13278)
I remember this, so adorable! Yeah, better not to climb the ladder, hopefully you'll get to see the babies soon.
@CarolDM (182065)
Thanks! Still a favorite shirt. I need another one. Ladders are out. I will keep my distance. I will keep watching.
@FourWalls (42239)
Brendel has a look on her face in the drawing that seems to say she’s worried that you like the birds more than her. That’s a super sweet shirt!!!!!
@CarolDM (182065)
Too funny. She sleeps so much, she can't be bothered with birds any more. But Dude is another story. I should call him Velcro. He is like my shadow. Thanks, I love my shirt.
Great idea. Maybe you can have one made for you on one of those websites that lets you create your own graphics on tshirts.
@CarolDM (182065)
I found one, I just need to order it. I never buy anything for myself.
This is one time you should
@CarolDM (182065)