Today, tomorrow, long days

End of school fun activities, but exhausting for me and my students. Today the third grade students had a field trip. We went to the county Fairgrounds where we went to several stations for agriculture and farming presentations. The students presenting were getting graded by the teachers who brought kids. I learned quite a few things, and it was GREAT for most of the kids. We were outside, we petted animals and learned more about them, including snakes and other reptiles. And spiders. My student, who does not know better, tried to squeeze the snake. I believe he thought it felt good. He was gentle with the bunny. In the afternoon we went to a movie, "Bad Guys" a Pixar movie.A lot of the kids have read the book. My student had never been to a movie. He liked the free popcorn and sat pretty well for a lot of the movie. He got to where he was trying to "talk" louder than the movie. He cannot talk, it was gibberish, and he does not understand "shush" or "quiet voice". Tomorrow is another long day. Field Day. We will have lots of outdoor activities all day tomorrow and sack lunches again. Boy, I am tired.
@Deepizzaguy (65493)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I liked your post about taking your students to a field trip.
I think I learned a lot, and he enjoyed himself.
@Deepizzaguy (65493)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@GardenGerty That is good to know.
Sounds like a busy time. Will you and them remember the activities a few years down the line?
I will remember some of the things I learned and I am sure some of the students will as well. A lot of them are from agricultural back grounds, but all of them had lots of questions.
@GardenGerty .......Open to learning.......that's good.
@RubyHawk (59604)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Sounds like a good field trip for the students. Are they special needs children?
The student I work with is high needs and special care, the others we took are third grade students. . . high energy, curioiusity, and impulsiveness. It was good for all of them.
@RubyHawk (59604)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@GardenGerty It’s good for all children to get out and have fun.
• Rockingham, Australia
I can understand that it would have been an exhausting day.
I learned quite a bit, and had fun, but it was definitely work..
@wolfgirl569 (53819)
• Marion, Ohio
Its almost break time. You can get there
OH yes, I will get there.