First Day of My Rest Days

Photo is mine.
Yesterday was my the start of my rest days. Rest days being synonymous to errands day. Ordered water and did my groceries in the morning. Around 10am, I got a SMS from a recruiter on one of the part-time jobs that I applied asking what time would be the best time to call. I promptly replied that I'm free to take the call at that time. Did she call at that time? No, she called after an hour. Turned out they were looking for office-based ESL tutors, not home-based ones. it would have been helpful if they mentioned that in their ad. As it, their opening for a home-based ESL tutor won't be available until July. We just agreed that she will reach out to me during that time. I'm not holding my breath but who knows? Did I entitle this post 'first day of my rest days'? Yup, I did, but as it turned out, it wasn't. Around 11am, I got a SMS from my manager and he was looking for me. I said that it was my rest day. Turned out it wasn't. Not sure what changed or when it was changed but I know I had put in Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday as my rest days. Well, my rest days were moved to Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday instead. No biggie except that I'll be missing two days of my jiu jitsu training. I guess I will have to book myself to a Tuesday morning session before the start of my shift. It will still be under the same coach that I have now and the location is close to my office but the price is twice of what I pay for with my current gym so that part sucks. Anyway, I will look into that next week. The rest of the day was spent doing errands. Did my groceries and bought some water. That's the accompanying photo. Two bags of groceries and water set me back $20. Cleaned my bathroom and bedroom and swept most of the place. Around 5:30pm, I was at the jiu jitsu gym and was at my happy place training. Sucks that I won't be able to attend the Tuesday sessions because of the change in work schedule but that is something that I need to work out. That's what happened tome yesterday. Will mention what happened to me today later and save it for another post.
@PhredWreck (7632)
• Olney, Illinois
Today is the first day of the rest of your days.
@MrDenata (1042)
At least you enjoyed your jiu jitsu session, Allen. Have a great day
Thanks, I did Ric. You have a great day as well.
@DaddyEvil (81116)
$20 for water and groceries is cheap! We spend a lot more than that for groceries every two weeks. After you get the new schedule figured out, the company will change your days off again. That always happened to me.
Considering the pay that I get and the rising prices of commodities, $20 won't be cheap for me in the long run. Companies always find a way to mess you up.
@DaddyEvil (81116)
@allen0187 Pretty always insists on buying way more than we need. Most of them don't want you to have regular days off because you might find a better job and leave them.
@DaddyEvil I might be stocking up with supplies right now. There is a looming shortage. I'd leave them either way.
@Aiana18 (288)
• Belo Horizonte, Brazil
At least you shopped, cleaned your house, and took your jiu-jitsu class in a good mood.
Yup, those are all plusses in my book.
Do you mean that you "thought" it was your rest day but you were wrong? At least you could go shopping.
Nah. I was correct about my rest day but it was changed and I wasn't informed about it.
@allen0187 They should have informed you.
@LadyDuck yup. Anyway, all water under the bridge.
@RebeccasFarm (65339)
You are a busy and productive guy Allen. I am so happy to know you have good health to accomplish much.
Thanks. Really keeping tabs on my health.
@CarolDM (186515)
Glad you got your groceries. I hope today is better.
Thanks. That is one less errand to do.
@CarolDM (186515)
@allen0187 Have a good day.
@CarolDM thanks!
@TheSojourner (47100)
I am so sorry that you lost on your day of rest. Did you write things down? Sometimes I transcribe them wrong or I forget to write it down. I am glad to hear you got your groceries. They are going up everywhere. I know things are less expensive there than they are here, but I also know that it's commensurate to what people get paid. I hope that there's some relief there for you. Sounds like you made a good day of it, despite the confusion!
Yup, it was a good day despite the mix up in schedule.
@m_audrey6788 (56527)
Usually a rest day from work yes but at home not
True. Never ending errands to keep one busy.
Some rest days!
Yup! It doesn't sound like a rest day but it was.
• Rockingham, Australia
It doesn't sound like much of a rest day.
I guess so. I just want to be productive and moving even on my rest days.