What a dreary day!

Walnut Creek, California
I have the day off and would love to go to the pool today. Unfortunately, it's cloudy and in the 50s F right now--a quintessential dreary day. Kitty is asleep on my shorts, enjoying the aromas therefrom. I think I'll just practice some music. My two main projects today will be Miles's All Blues and Guns 'n Roses Sweet Child of Mine. I want to get that intro down. What are you up to on this dreary July 3?
@TheSojourner (51499)
I need to get up and dressed. I have a friend coming over today to help me with a couple of things. Enjoy your dreary day! Mine's dreary up here, as well.
• Walnut Creek, California
@TheSojourner It was cool here today. But I DID wear my flip flops when I ran my errands. I can't remember if I put anything else on, but I'm still here, so I assume so.
@TheHorse you might have gotten arrested had you had forgotten the rest of it
@DaddyEvil (87117)
It rained all night here, so we started the day off at 66F and reached a high of 88F this afternoon. Since I was talking with some friends on myLot for a good part of my night, I slept all day today. I think I was still feeling the last effects from getting my shingles vaccination three days ago. (I was running a fever, shaking with chills or sweating up a storm, throwing up and with various body aches. I'm glad that's over! I will still need to get the other half of the vaccination in two months, though.) As long as I never get shingles again, being sick for a few days is well worth that price! I hope it warmed up enough there that you could go swimming.
• Walnut Creek, California
No swimming today. Mostly piano, guitar, book writing and napping. Not in that order.
@DaddyEvil (87117)
@TheHorse It still sounds like a nice day to me. I hope you enjoyed it.
• Walnut Creek, California
@DaddyEvil I got to chat with a couple of friends on the phone. That was fun.
@wolfgirl569 (58131)
• Marion, Ohio
We had a hot sunny day here. I would trade you if dreary means rain.
• Walnut Creek, California
No rain. I used the hose to give my plants a bit of a soaking. But I can tell they need more.
@wolfgirl569 (58131)
• Marion, Ohio
@TheHorse Many days I am watering the potted stuff twice.
• Walnut Creek, California
@wolfgirl569 I may give them a bit more water before I go to bed.
Just hanging out by my PC and starting on my blogging while listening to My Favorites on YouTube on my laptop
• Walnut Creek, California
Who are some of your favorites on YouTube (other than me, of course)?
@TheHorse I have a mix of all kinds of music including Latvian favorites, There is rock and country and contemporary and a song I added by someone I know The Moth Song which I enjoy as part of my list,
@BarBaraPrz (37545)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Sunny and 25°C/77°F... just lazing by my pool (all 38" of it) and reading.
• Walnut Creek, California
Is that left to right? Or top to bottom?
@BarBaraPrz (37545)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@TheHorse Circumference.
It is 46°F here and I´m in bed. I have the 2 heaters in minimum so that the house is not so cold. My youngest daughter will not come to see me as all her family has a mild attack of covid.
• Walnut Creek, California
Yikes. I hope they're OK. Are they vaxxed and all that?
@TheHorse They all have the 4 of them (except Sofia who has one less). I know many people who have had covid after they are vaccinated but they only have a sort of flu and that´s all.
@porwest (55181)
It was gotawful hot yesterday. We spent a little time over at my sister and brother-in-law's house, had a cookout, and spent some time by their pool. I didn't go in though.
• Walnut Creek, California
How come you didn't go it? I woulda found some kids, found a squishy ball, and spent my time playing catch in the pool.
@porwest (55181)
@TheHorse Just didn't feel like being wet. lol
• Walnut Creek, California
@porwest I hope we have a warm day today. I have the day off and want to visit the pool. My back hurts like hell, and I can only shoot so much heroin.
@MissNikki (5221)
• Maple Ridge, British Columbia
A bit of a grey day here too, but I'm glad because it has been way too hot the past couple days.
• Walnut Creek, California
tI was hot here a week or so ago. I enjoyed the pool.
@MissNikki (5221)
• Maple Ridge, British Columbia
@TheHorse I'd love to go for a swim in a pool one of these days.
• Walnut Creek, California
@MissNikki Are there pools near you?
@xander6464 (35383)
• Wapello, Iowa
Today was pretty good. Starting tomorrow, it's supposed to rain for forty days and nights---Well, that's what the Religious Weather Channel says. The ordinary Weather Channel says it will rain for 7 days, on and off. We'll see which one is right.
• Walnut Creek, California
I'd go with the religious Weather Channel. Don't they have both Jesus and Trump on their side? At least that's what my friend says. But she's crazy. So who knows?
@xander6464 (35383)
• Wapello, Iowa
@TheHorse Trump and Jesus are both on their side but Jesus doesn't do much. Donny does all the heavy lifting.
It is hot and nice at the same time. I want to get out and enjoy myself.
• Walnut Creek, California
Did you get out? I went grocery shopping. But that's about it It was a lazy day.
@TheHorse I want to go food shopping today but I refuse to do it.
You could have my weather (85). I'd be happy with yours. I am just working on here.
@aninditasen (7620)
• Raurkela, India
As usual doing my household chores. My days aren't that busy.
@LindaOHio (99276)
It's the 4th today; and it will be 91 and sunny. Great day for you to go to the pool! Nothing much going on. The fireworks will start again around 9:30. Have a good 4th!!!
@oahuwriter (24511)
Just a little cleaning, binge watching Hallmark and relaxing. Did you finish your intro?