A Strawberry Pear

There are perhaps those of you who have tried strawberry pears. It is also referred to as pitaya or dragon fruit. I received this from my aunt, who handed it to me when I went to visit her today. She received three pieces of this fruit from a neighbor, who also handed me a piece. What a wonderful neighbor she has, don't you think? Are your neighbors willing to share food with you?
@Beestring (9821)
It's called dragon fruit here. I like it.
@cacay1 (79628)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Beestring yes, that's a dragon fruit. Honestly I haven't tasted a dragon fruit. It's full of nutrients good for the human body.
@Beestring (9821)
@cacay1 Yes, it's full of nutrients. On these hot days, I put it in the refrigerator for a while. It's so good eating it cold.
@cacay1 (79628)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Beestring, I seldom find dragon fruits here. They're planted in Bukidnon. They might not have abundant harvest this time.
Yes, my neighbors share the fruits and vegetables they grow in their garden. We call this fruit dragon fruit.
@cacay1 - Our neighbors are great people.
@cacay1 (79628)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@LadyDuck, other neighbors far from home are nice helpful. This is the neighbor I posted before about animal cruelty. She poured hot water to other neighbor's cat. She's so mean and rude. Her husband is kind. They're not gifted with a child for the wife is a monster.
@cacay1 (79628)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@LadyDuck, you're lucky to have good neighbor, our neighbor never cares unkind.
Never had it before but it looks good,
I hope I could share half of it with you.
@DaddyEvil (112062)
I like dragon fruit. We get them in the grocery store in season. We've given our elderly neighbors food lots of times.
How lucky the old ones there. It seems that you would have some when reaching the golden age in the future.
@sica98 (2532)
We have it here also,The Dragon fruit may look exotic and has the beautiful color pink in a fruit but taste wise is bland like no taste at all to me from my experience.Once i tried it I never bought it again.
I agree. The taste of it is not that too sweet for me. Personally speaking, I am fond of seeing the plants bearing fruit, especially at the fences in some of the houses here.
That's dragon fruit. Waw i like it.
It is nice to hear that. Welcome to myLot...
@rsa101 (36692)
I just learned that this fruit, which I've always known as dragon fruit, also goes by the names Pitaya and Strawberry Pears. This fruit is beneficial since many people who eat it report that it is nourishing. Those are pretty pricey to purchase here.
@rsa101 (36692)
@Shavkat Yeah this fruit is really expensive but they say it's nutritious as well. So, you lucky to get one for free.
It is also the same thing here. They are quite pricey in the Baguio public market. It is my pleasure to share the other names of this fruit.
@rsa101 I agree. My dragon fruit plants are not bearing fruits yet.
We call it dragon fruit here. It has become to be a common fruit here in these years. Normally they are red or white ones but today it seems the red ones are much more popular.
Yes, I had seen them a lot during the summer season there before. The white ones are not popular here, too.
Nice! I have tried dragonfruit flavored things. Yes, they are...one guy here gives offerings from his garden on a regular basis. It is very much appreciated. I just picked up a zuchinni today.
@Shavkat Good, it is tasty.
@snowy22315 You said it right. It is not too sweet.
I am glad this man has a golden heart to share his blessings. Unlike here in my neighborhood, some of them are selfish, especially the pastor in front of our house. I randomly have a taste of this fruit here, too. Thanks to my aunt for having this.
@wolfgirl569 (69490)
• Marion, Ohio
I have had them. They are good.
Three years ago, I gave some dragonfruit plants to my younger brother. Until now, they have not to bear fruits yet.
@wolfgirl569 I guess I need to be more patient with matters then.
@wolfgirl569 (69490)
• Marion, Ohio
@Shavkat Many things take a few years before they do,
Interesting fruit I have never seen or heard about this, Glad the neighbor shared, I have no neighbors to share anything,
Actually, it is also like a cactus plant that bears fruit like this. I am glad that my aunt's neighbor is good to her not in my neighborhood though.
@cacay1 (79628)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
You're lucky. Our neighbors never care. Dragon fruit is expensive.
I am sorry to say that they are not my neighbors.
@cacay1 (79628)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Shavkat okay from your aunt.
@cabuyogty (1795)
I haven't tasted pitaya or dragon food right now . Sometimes they give common party food like pancit bihon and others if they like to give their neighbors
It is nice to have neighbors like this. I hope I could share this with you.
@cabuyogty You are very much welcome.
@cabuyogty (1795)
@Shavkat thanks
@JimBo452020 (42252)
• Montrose, Scotland
We often share food with each other here. We have bbq and garden parties where we share food I like dragon fruit
On special occasions, the landlord, the landlord's family, the landlord's relatives. and my family only share foods being prepared. The other neighbors are not close to us.
• Rockingham, Australia
We can buy dragonfruit in our shops here. I don't think I've ever tried it.
I had seen some of them in the market but never bought them because they are pricey.