Church fire update

@1creekgirl (32796)
Our 146 year old church burned June 23. It still looks like it just happened. The insurance company has paid and it should have been cleaned up and removed by now. I know it takes a lot of decisions on how to move forward with building another church. But it's not "too many chiefs and not enough Indians", it's "too many Indians and not enough chiefs." When it's such a small congregation, you can have one person who wants to make all the decisions. I know it will take a long time to rebuild, but there's no excuse for this sad burned out building to still be there. Too many different opinions.
It is more like "too many cooks spoil the broth." Today we lack leadership in many ways.
@1creekgirl (32796)
You are right.
@RebeccasFarm (67765)
Still such a sad affair. Well if the insurance paid out, it looks like it was an accident then. Hope it gets cleaned up soon.
@1creekgirl Yes probably so
@1creekgirl (32796)
We'll probably never know the cause for sure.
@kobesbuddy (153052)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I know other churches who are going through building projects. Nobody wants the project to cost an arm and a let. Yet, construction businesses have sets prices up twice as high, since the pandemic started.
@1creekgirl (32796)
Yeah, this is an expensive time to be building a church.
@kobesbuddy (153052)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@1creekgirl Prices won't be going down any time soon. Possibly they will increase, but not decrease.
@moonandstars (60737)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i agree and it's not a good sight to look at, i bet, all those memories.
@1creekgirl (32796)
It really is so sad to look at.
• Kenya
Sorry about that peril I hope they come to agreement and the construction work to start immediately
@1creekgirl (32796)
Thank you.
• Kenya
@1creekgirl you are welcome
@LouAvul (274)
Oh Vicki, I'm so sorry to hear that. Did lightning strike it? Where is your congregation meeting now?
@1creekgirl (32796)
We still don't know if it was arson or maybe an electrical fire. We're having service at another church where we share the same pastor. Thank you for the kind words.
@PhredWreck (8308)
• Olney, Illinois
That is a hornet's nest I wouldn't want to touch. You have to have enough people agree to 'A' so provisions for 'B' can be made and for 'C' to happen before a spoonful of debris gets moved. And someone somewhere is gonna be mad no matter how it gets done. But I hope things move along better for your congregation.
@1creekgirl (32796)
Thanks. You understand completely.
How sad to have to look at the building even though they could be tearing it down in preparation for the new one.
@1creekgirl (32796)
There tend to be disagreements no matter how large or small the congregation.
it must be very sad to see the burned church and nothing being done. Hopefully they'll move forward soon
@1creekgirl (32796)
Hoping it will. Just so many decisions.
• Rockingham, Australia
Do you need a small management committee - two or three elected people that can then make decisions?
@1creekgirl (32796)
That would be ideal, but there are only about eight people to make the decisions.
@LindaOHio (99898)
They could be running into the problem of high construction costs and a shortage of workers. I hope they get started soon.
@1creekgirl (32796)
Thanks, Linda.
As long as the funds are there l think it should be rebuilt.
@1creekgirl (32796)
It will, but the decisions in the meantime!
@gtdoss (476)
I'm sorry to hear about your church burning down. I hope you have someplace else to meet while the old building is torn down and a new one put up. I don't know if you have a large, medium, or small congregation, but whenever such a thing happens, it usually takes a while to work things out between people and what their vision is of a new church building.
@1creekgirl (32796)
We have a really small congregation. Another church is letting us use their church for Sunday school.
@arunima25 (74998)
• Bangalore, India
Hope it starts to build again. Well, difference of opinions are bound to happen. Hopefully, they put behind their personal conflicts and come to work together as a community.
@1creekgirl (32796)
I hope you're right.
Unfortunately, those things seem to move as slow as molasses.
@LeaPea2417 (34502)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I hope it can be resolved soon.
@Ronrybs (16009)
• London, England
Sorry to hear about the church. Hope they get the act together and and get to work on the replacement
@RubyHawk (67460)
• Atlanta, Georgia
That’s too bad that everyone can’t pull together and get the work done.
@Nakitakona (51056)
It could be rebuild by those whose faith is unwavering.
Oh I’m so sorry to hear that. Hopefully the congregation will start seeing eye to eye on things soon and realize that you all want the same thing. Hope it starts rebuilding soon.
@1creekgirl (32796)
Thank you so much.