Do you ever just want to ask someone to simply read something?

It makes me crazy. It happens here, it happens on facebook constantly, to the point I often just log out of there. Someone posts something, it has comments. It might be about something they did, something they ate or drank, any life happenings. That's what discussions mostly are. But then, there are people who keep asking the same question(s) a lot of other people have asked in the comments, and the poster or person who put up the posting or whatever you call them, has explained and given the answer over and over to many people. But because these people never completely read the discussion, they just keep on asking, over and over again, the same thing. I am a patient person. I don't mind explaining a few times. However I often find myself wanting to screech at someone, hey, READ before asking. Then the discussion can move forward rather than stalling out in exhaustion from repeating the same thing, over and over again.
@DaddyEvil (86674)
When my eyes are swelling or swollen, I ask Pretty to read directions on cooking labels and let my laptop read books to me. It's a pain in the tush... Pretty grumbles about needing to read to me but at least my laptop doesn't complain.... too often. When different people ask the same questions in one of my discussions, I try to vary my answers to them so I'm not saying the same thing over and over again. (I rarely read into the comment section of a discussion, so have no idea what other people are asking or saying. Their part of the discussion isn't important to me. The only part of the discussion I'm really interested in is between me and the OP or, if other people come into my box and talk with me or the OP there.)
That makes sense. I sure do hurt for you thinking about how miserable it must be to have your eyes swell shut, I am just so sorry you have to go through this.
@DaddyEvil (86674)
@MarieCoyle I was worried I was going to hurt your feelings. Thank you for understanding how I, and probably most people, read and interact on myLot. Thank you... Hopefully, the ophthalmologist will be able to do something when I see him/her towards the end of the month.
@DaddyEvil Do you have to keep an epi pen handy? I sort of wondered. I have to keep one in my purse and one in a drawer here at home. I am highly allergic to wasp stings, hornets, yellow jackets, to the point my breathing can be affected. Luckily, I haven't been stung in a long time--knock on mylot wood here! I don't think you could hurt my feelings, you are always so nice and it's much appreciated.
@mnglsp (3602)
Because of this post, I remember a lot of comments I read on Facebook reels haha. Some people are sharing reels or short videos about their favorite drama with the title of it on the caption but when you read the comment section. a lot of people still asking what is the title of the drama even though it is already written in the caption. It is sad and funny at the same time that a lot of people are not making effort to read at least one sentence.
It makes a person wonder if some of the people doing this ever read anything. Maybe they just do pictures? Who knows? LOL
@mnglsp (3602)
@MarieCoyle I wonder if it is about their reading comprehension but I realized it is just a simple sentence huhu. I don't know hahaha.
@mnglsp I think some people just don't read very much, or maybe they just don't want to.
@luisga814 (4346)
• Quezon City, Philippines
Aside from myLot, I'm reading some posts in Facebook.
I get on my laptop and have many open tabs....it's easier to just leave it that way at home so I can hop on and off as I have time.
@luisga814 (4346)
• Quezon City, Philippines
@MarieCoyle Cheers
myLot is now the only platform where I am. I had enough of facebook, enough of twitter and enough of other social media.
I am not into twitter, I do have facebook but mostly for my family. I do have to admit there are days I don't even look at facebook.
@MarieCoyle I also opened the facebook account to keep in touch with relatives. But I almost never look at it anymore.
@gtdoss (213)
Thankfully, this is the only platform that I am on for the time being, so I don't have a lot of problems with people asking me questions that have already been responded to. I have been on Zoom calls for business where there's a chat, and people keep asking the same questions over and over on the chat without looking further up the chat to see if the answer is there.
Some days, I just accept and move on, other days it makes me irritated that the original poster has to repeat the same information over and over and over...
It's possible I'm one of the culprits . When I respond/comment, I say exactly what's on my mind at that moment . . . I don't want to be influenced/biased by what someone else said. But it might be a repeat of what someone already said . I might read other comments afterwards and think oh - I hope they don't think I copied them .
That pisses me off and I consider that rude. If I care for the person I might say you missed something in my post. If I am outright disgusted I skip it altogether. No comment.
@May2k8 (16542)
I rarely go to Facebook and I'm also on other platforms but with patience I sometimes ignore a message that pops up there again and again.
5h
I have been know to delete those comments to keep the comments going.
@moonandstars (60456)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
we can say they are lazy but many times, i feel they are faking. we are all busy but not this busy.