I Declined

@thelme55 (76109)
Germany
to make 30 pieces of blueberry muffins. I have to make them this coming Sunday and they will be collected on the following day, Monday. I have no time for that day as I have to work in the morning and have a doctors’ appointment in the afternoon. Besides that, Sunday is my free day, my Me day, a resting day for me. That means I will only read, watch tv and blog besides cooking. Do you have a day for yourself alone when you will do what your heart wants? I didn’t decline though for the writing gig that was offered to me by the Pilya Blog Magazine where I am a writer for 7 years now. I have to submit it on the end of this month. We have the 7th year anniversary this coming October. So I am really busy. How’s the weather in your place? This evening, we have only 11C and during the day, we had 16C. It is getting colder every day. We don’t put the heater on, yet. Anyway, thank you for reading. I hope you are all in good health.
@jobelbojel (32509)
Me time or day should be our alone time. Maybe you can accept that job some other time since you are also busy with the anniversary write up for the magazine.
@cacay1 (75270)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@jobelbojel, my me days are Saturday and Sunday to relax, and visit sites.
@jobelbojel (32509)
@cacay1 Mine is Monday only.
@cacay1 (75270)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@jobelbojel , is there no work in your office every Monday?
@sjvg1976 (37616)
My meday is on Sunday like you as I have an off on Sundays. Its been raining here since night. All the roads are waterlogged and from the morning there were traffic jams. It seems that winter has started here too.
@sjvg1976 (37616)
@cacay1 my wife went to stop the kids at their tuition center through scooty and they all got wet and came back. Meanwhile, I came back home, both kids changed their clothes and then I dropped them at the tuition center in the car. It's raining hard here too.
@cacay1 (75270)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@sjvg1976, it's also raining here, there's flood below the knee on our yard.
@cacay1 (75270)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@sjvg1976 I'm thankful I work from home or I may get wet in the rain crossing the passage way.
@rsa101 (35516)
I guess it is not worth not taking it if you are not up to it. So better decline than force yourself to work on it if you have no time to do it and you are pretty occupied already. I think the customer would understand it especially if you do that occasionally.
@cacay1 (75270)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@rsa101 you're so right she should listen to her body.
16c sounds cold, I prefer it to be over 21c when ever possible but I know that it is almost winter so it will probably start to get colder as January approaches.
@LindaOHio (103613)
I am retired; so every day is a me day. The weather has turned cool; and the humidity is gone. I wish it could stay like this forever; but winter will be here soon. Have a good day.
@Beestring (5667)
The cupcakes look delicious and the tulips are beautiful. It's still hot here. Temperature around 28-32C.
@RebeccasFarm (73897)
You are busy always Thelma. Good luck to all you do. I am tired from moving but hope to get back to normal soon.
@LeaPea2417 (34757)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes sometimes we have to say no.
I am the same way. Sunday is Family Day for us, and we do not make commitments nor do we work on that day. Your baking looks delicious.
I am retired and I do mostly what I want any day. You are right to keep your "me day" for yourself.
Lovely cupcakes and tulips in the photo. Still quite hot and humid in Florida and in the 80s at night. I am glad now that I have company three kittens Ringo, Michelle, and Sydney, I was going to only have 2 but when Sydney was born even though she is a girl she reminded me so much of Sid I had to keep her.
@sol_cee (32530)
Did you recommend it to anyone you know instead?
@RubyHawk (70972)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Your cup cakes look yummy. It’s still warm here but after next week we should have cooler days
@moonandstars (62335)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i didn't set the heating too but in the morning, when it is 5c, maybe i should. i also like my time and i am glad you declined. glad for your writing of 7years, amazing
@cacay1 (75270)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Saturday and Sunday my rest day. I don't entertain students messages. They're annoying. Good luck to your blog writing in Pilya Magazine. When you visit Philippines, please give me one copy of your Pilya Magazine.
@aninditasen (9226)
• Raurkela, India
Lovely muffins. I spend my Sunday evening the way I like. I do a lot of cleaning in the morning.
• Israel
@thelme55 Yesterday I was out and it was really nice. I have our Sabbath that I look forward to each week that I rest and am not on the computer and no TV. I love that day but it goes by too fast. You have the right to decline things if you do not have the time or want to do them. Do what is best for yourself.
@Rashnag (28842)
• Surat, India
Cupcakes look yummy. Glad to know your life update. Sorry to know that you declined the cupcakes offer. Take care
@CarolDM (192247)
These make such a pretty and delicious photo. Better today. Heatwave yesterday.