My expected wait time is 58 minutes? Yeah, right.

Walnut Creek, California
I tried to call Medical to update my work information. I have been on "poor people medical insurance" since the pandemic hit and cost me my jobs. I only pay about $50/month for medical care. But now I am working again, and wanted to update my information, just to be upfront and honest, especially as I may be switching to "old people medical insurance" soon. After wading through 10 minutes of menus, and voice/input software that could not "hear" my social security number, I finally got through to a live person. Or so I thought. They started playing some of that "soothing" kind of music, and then a recorded voice said: "Your wait time is approximately...(other voice)...58 minutes." I uttered an oath that I would never repeat here, being a man of class and dignity (it rhymes with "truck ewe" for those who like challenges), and hung up. I then documented the time I tried to get through. That's enough for right now. What's the longest time you've ever been asked to wait "on hold"?
I haven't called anywhere lately so I don't remember but when I think about it I think that I fell asleep and then woke up when I heard a voice calling me luckily they hadn't hung up
@TheHorse yup there was a song like that
• Walnut Creek, California
@RasmaSandra I wonder what they were referring to.
• Walnut Creek, California
Good timing! Hey, isn't that a song?
@DaddyEvil (94596)
I'm glad you found a way to ease the bitterness of defeat at the "hands" of an inanimate machine, pony. I'm quite sure the machine-in-question took your parting words to heart, so to speak. So, how did the rest of your day go? Well, I hope.
@DaddyEvil (94596)
@TheHorse Oh, good! I'm glad they're starting to see the sense of letting you do what you do best!
• Walnut Creek, California
It was a good day. The "specialists" working with Keke are starting to understand my relationship with the child, and are backing off a bit when he sits in my lap and sings with me. They also let me handle the "washing of hands." He and I have a routine that WORKS.
• Walnut Creek, California
@DaddyEvil I hope I can continue to collaborate with them. But my "head teacher" could screw things up at any moment.
Sometimes I just hang up. I thought that "home on the range" was the worst, but that was before they discovered that they could try to sell you something while you waited
@TheHorse It was hte first one in my country. I loved that music until I heard it instead of a human voice.
• Walnut Creek, California
@marguicha They try to sedate you with that song? What an interesting choice!
• Walnut Creek, California
I have never heard "Home on the Range" as muzak.
@wolfgirl569 (61136)
• Marion, Ohio
I really need to talk to them to wait more than 15 minutes.
@wolfgirl569 (61136)
• Marion, Ohio
• Walnut Creek, California
Shh. I am meditating.
@sallypup (50177)
• Moses Lake, Washington
It took months and months for my hubby to get onto Medicare part B. Not joking. Social Security kept pulling more red tape out of the wood work. I wish you luck.
• Walnut Creek, California
What makes Part B Part B?
• Walnut Creek, California
I am on hold again with Covered California. Wait! I just spoke with a competent representative who spoke English! I'm going to do a post about it! I am ecstatic!
@sallypup (50177)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@TheHorse Part B helps cover doc visit expenses. A is for hospital.
@LouAvul (1092)
It seems like it's been nearly an hour.
Probably 45- 50 minutes, if they haven't answered by then, I just call back another time.
@aninditasen (9226)
• Raurkela, India
I just hang up when I am asked to wait and bash them up through a mail.
@LindaOHio (103639)
I have waited close to an hour. I put the phone on speaker and do something else in the meantime. It's so annoying, especially now that there is a shortage of workers.
@SonjaRae (14735)
Oh goodness I would say the last time I had a hold like that it was with USCIS, department of homeland security to try to get a live person in order to get a status on one of our clients cases. I ended up just having to leave one of our phones on speaker, so I could go grab other phones, while the wait time just continued and continued endlessly! To be honest, I lost track but I know it was well over an hour and a half.
@peachpurple (13504)
Not 1 hour. No answer at all, just play the music at the background. I just hang up and try again later