The Boy is in the Game Again

@dawnald (84861)
Shingle Springs, California
I previously talked about my son being falsely accused by a girl he went out with. 2 1/2 years and $40,000 later, the DA dropped the charges because we had gotten witness statements saying she had lied and asked other people to lie, but it was an awful time. Well, he went out on a date tonight, dinner and a movie. So we had a serious talk about not being too quick to trust someone, and about not getting intimate too soon, and so forth and so on. He told me he remembered every conversation we ever had on this topic. So fingers crossed that this is a nice girl and that he has a nice time and that nothing bad happens. He's a nice kid. He didn't deserve that.
The girsl´s parents should have paid the $ 40.000. I hope all goes well this time. Keeping my fingers crossed
@dawnald (84861)
• Shingle Springs, California
The girl was an adult, so her parents weren't liable. I could sue her for it, but it would cost me a lot more in attorney's fees. No guarantee I would win if anyone would even take the case. Sad. but true
@dawnald In my country, when you lose such a case, part of the sentence is that the person who loses has to pay the cost. At the most, the parts reach an arrangement.
@Deepizzaguy (77527)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I agree with you since there is a saying that goes "Faces you see, souls you don't."
@dawnald (84861)
• Shingle Springs, California
Yep, takes a while to find out what aperson is really about.
I remember all that. I am SO glad that was all resolved in your son's favor - and now you can all truly move on (ugh on the cost though). Hope all went well on his date . . . nice and normal!
@dawnald (84861)
• Shingle Springs, California
He had fun. Older woman. Lol
@DaddyEvil (112189)
Did you countersue the girl to recover your costs plus mental anguish? I would have.
@dawnald (84861)
• Shingle Springs, California
Can't find an attorney who would take the case
@dawnald (84861)
• Shingle Springs, California
@DaddyEvil so far I've gotten turned down. I fully expected nobody would take the case on a contingency, but so far nobody is willing to take it on at all.
@DaddyEvil (112189)
@dawnald That's odd... Usually attorneys love that kind of case.
• Rockingham, Australia
That is just such an awful situation for a young person to find themselves in. I'm glad it's all behind you both now.
@CarolDM (201158)
Not so good things often happen to good people. Hoping for the best.
@ajithlal (14702)
I hope everything gets better for you and your family. Happy that everything went well for your son. God bless.
@TheSojourner (62685)
I'm so sorry that all of you had to go through this. I do understand, though, on some level. My daughter went through a divorce 5 years ago or maybe it's been longer now that I don't remember, but the cost to us as a family was worth more than we will ever be able to lose. Or game. It cost us everything, but financially well over $60,000, and they had nothing. But that's a long story, and I don't know that anyone will ever recover. I told her that she has already received her inheritance.
@RubyHawk (82084)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I’m sorry this happened to your son.