Brendel Made Her TV Appearance

@CarolDM (198357)
Yellowstone National Park turns 150 years old this year. In 2021, Kevin Costner took interest in a different Yellowstone than the television series he’s worked on for the past six years, (Huge fan of that show as well). Marc Pierce, executive producer and CEO of Montana-based Warm Springs Productions, went to Costner with a pitch to be the narrator and host of “Yellowstone One-Fifty,” a four-part series told from the historical perspective of the 1871 expedition led by geologist Ferdinand V. Hayden to explore the region. It was Hayden and his group – which included a topographer, meteorologist, zoologist, botanists, a photographer and artist – that gave the world the first photographs, paintings and scientific reports on the unique area, capturing imaginations with fantastic tales of geysers, burbling mudpots and a giant waterfall. The next year, President Ulysses S. Grant signed the Yellowstone National Park Protection Act into law. Started watching part one last night. A grizzly bear was chasing a herd of elk in this one scene. A baby elk got lost from the pack. It was hiding in the grass. You can see this in my photo. All of a sudden there was my cat Brendel. She climbed up the cat tree, then the book shelf, onto the fireplace to see the scene. I snapped a photo with my iPhone before she jumped down. Almost as if she was checking on the baby. And the baby was safe from the bear, in case you wondered. An incredible four part documentary to watch, I highly recommend it. Photo is mine.
https://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/kevin-costner-hosts-series-exploring-yellowstone-at-150-years-old/article_493c7c04-65e6-11ed-9246-b76cb5243865.html
@Jenaisle (6981)
I had always wanted to visit Yellowstone when I was there but I didn't have the chance to. Anyway, it's good that the baby elk is safe. I have never seen a grizzly bear in real life although I have seen non-live life-sized ones in museums and even touched them. They may be truly scary. Imagine an animal bigger than you attacking you.
@CarolDM (198357)
I have never been either. Watching this show makes you feel like you are right there seeing all the beauty. I cannot imagine those grizzlies after me. They usually get what they are chasing.
@CarolDM (198357)
Sharing a photo of actor Kevin Costner who narrated this show. Perfect person in my opinion. Nice to look at and listen to.
@kobesbuddy (156417)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@CarolDM Kevin Costner is a wonderful person, I admire him:)
It looks like beautiful country, but alot of concerns of the wildlife. Not Brendel of course, you know the bigger, scarier kind.
@CarolDM She is such a little sweetie.
@CarolDM (198357)
I would like to go there one day. It is magnificent. There are signs posted where the wildlife can be seen. Danger signs that many, sadly, will ignore. Brendel was hilarious. Such a funny moment.
@CarolDM (198357)
@Juliaacv She has been sleeping all the time and that is what surprised me so much how she was so sneaky about her trip up to the tv.
I'm very interested in watching this series and hopefully can get to it by the weekend. I've always been interested in visiting Yellowstone and the Grand Canyon but so far it hasn't been in the cards. Funny how Brendel was intrigued by what was going on on the tv.
@CarolDM a 30 day free trial is right up my alley It's even reasonable for $1.50 a month for the first year. I'm so happy to hear that Brendel is feeling better. I know how much she means to you.
@CarolDM (198357)
I noticed it is only $1.50 a month the first year, with a 30-day free trial. You could watch this series for free. I hope you can. Brendel seems to be feeling better. I am so very happy.
@CarolDM (198357)
@Marilynda1225 Yes it is a great deal. And they are always adding new shows on there. Thanks about Brendel, she has been through a lot with her health issues. And was not expected to live this long.
It sounds like an interesting series. Cute picture.
@CarolDM I'm looking for something new to watch. I'll check it out.
@CarolDM (198357)
It is an amazing series I recommend to anyone. Thank you.
@CarolDM (198357)
@just4him I hope you enjoy it as much as I am.
@FayeHazel (39638)
How interesting. What a cool guest appearance by Brendal, too
@FayeHazel (39638)
@CarolDM Aw, I hope so. Must be ok to jump up there
@CarolDM (198357)
@FayeHazel She used to climb more often. I was happy to see her active.
@CarolDM (198357)
Thanks and it was a huge surprise as Brendel has been sick lately. She must be better.
@oahuwriter (27765)
Brendel must have been fascinated by the scene. Amazing how some fur babies watch TV.
@oahuwriter (27765)
@CarolDM Ok. You got a nice picture of Brendel.
@CarolDM (198357)
@oahuwriter Thanks.
@CarolDM (198357)
She was checking on this baby elk on the screen I believe. Too cute.
@ptrikha_2 (40247)
The Series sounds interesting!! And well, when I saw the title I thought may be Brendel has appeared on some TV channel for some show. Brendel must have felt really excited to see another animal and that's why felt like jumping and seeing the baby Elk.
@ptrikha_2 (40247)
@CarolDM That is always something good to know as well!!
@CarolDM (198357)
It was amazing and magical to watch. I was happy to see Brendel feeling better.
@jobelbojel (33737)
I have not seen this. It sounds interesting and that Brendel making appearance is exciting, I can see her enjoying the front seat. Very front seat.
@jobelbojel (33737)
@CarolDM for sure. I will check it out. Yes, she is funny.
@CarolDM (198357)
It is a magical show to watch. Would like to visit Yellowstone one day. Brendel is too funny.
@CarolDM (198357)
@jobelbojel It was a funny moment.
@noni1959 (9237)
Yellowstone is beautiful. I've been a couple times.
@noni1959 (9237)
@CarolDM My girlfriend watches it. I don't have the streaming for it.
@CarolDM (198357)
I know many that have visited. This series is incredible to watch.
@CarolDM (198357)
@noni1959 I watch it on the Paramount channel.
• Rockingham, Australia
Cats do seem to take notice of some TV shows. I'm glad you told us that the baby was safe.
• Rockingham, Australia
@CarolDM Our dear old Pepper brought a skink (lizard) into the living area today so then of course we had to get it out somehow.
@CarolDM (198357)
@JudyEv Oh my goodness. I am glad mine are indoor cats.
@CarolDM (198357)
Brendel has been sleeping all the time lately due to her kidney disease. I had no idea she was up the cat tree (over 6 foot tall), then the bookcase and the fireplace to the tv. All without me seeing her. She is so sneaky. And must be feeling better. I was holding my breath for this baby.
@kobesbuddy (156417)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Oh my gosh, my first thought was that baby became the bear's dinner! I'm glad that this didn't happen:) And Brendel is so precious, watching what's going on with those animals
@CarolDM (198357)
I thought the baby was gone too, but he survived. Brendel is so funny. I am glad to see her out and about like this.
@LindaOHio (109106)
Thanks for the recommendation. We watch documentaries from time to time about what will happen if Yellowstone blows! Scary stuff. Cute picture.
@LindaOHio (109106)
@CarolDM Thanks for the tip.
@CarolDM (198357)
@LindaOHio You are welcome.
@CarolDM (198357)
You are so welcome. You can get Fox Nation free right now, for 30 days. It is incredible.
@Rashnag (29224)
• Surat, India
It sounds interesting as you explained it so nicely. Hope you are doing good. Have a great day. Take care
@CarolDM (198357)
Thank you and you as well.
@Neil43 (2224)
I will try and watch this.
@CarolDM (198357)
I hope you enjoy, I surely am.
That sounds like really interesting show. This picture turned out so neat!
@CarolDM (198357)
The show is amazing. I was shocked at Brendel in a good way.
@kaylachan (39628)
That's cute when cats want to 'watch' t.v. with us.
@CarolDM (198357)
I think she was checking out the baby. But who knows what was going through her mind.
@wolfgirl569 (64937)
• Marion, Ohio
She wanted to see the baby.
@CarolDM (198357)
I said the same thing. She went and checked on him then climbed back down.
That is so cute. Brendel wanted to see what was happening. Sounds interesting. I love animal videos. Thanks for sharing,
@CarolDM (198357)
She is something else. I thought she was asleep. She got up there without me even knowing. It was a funny moment. Glad I could get the photo. This was a documentary about Yellowstone National Park.
My cats watch TV too. Awesome photo.
@CarolDM (198357)
This was a surprise since Brendel has been sick for awhile and not active like this.
@Dena91 (18652)
I just read about this documentary. I will have to check it out as we love going/seeing our national parks. Love sweet Brendel's television appearance
@CarolDM (198357)
Will watch part two tonight. You will love this one. It is just like being there. And I am learning so much about the history. Brendel is too much. She must be feeling better.