Last post of the day...of the month.

@arunima25 (78730)
Bangalore, India
It's past 11 PM here and I am in my warm bed typing this post. It's going to be the last post of the month. Soon I will be hitting the pillow and wake up to December . It's way past my usual bedtime of 10 _10:30. I am waiting for video call from my elder daughter. She generally calls around 11:30... that's the time she is free for a while and after our talk, she continues for couple of more hours with her studies and assignments. Well, college life can be demanding. I had a long call yesterday with her. She is not keeping well in the last couple of days, she is actually under the weather. She messaged me in the morning about her fever and body ache. She took paracetamol and rested in her room missing the first half of the day. She did join few classes post lunch. I asked her to see the campus doctor and she did that in the evening. She even developed some stomach upset later with nauseating feeling. After visiting the doctor she sent me the picture of her prescription. I got a second opinion from my neighbour who is a doctor. It's some sort of air borne stomach flu and should go away in couple of days. I got a message around 8 that she felt much better after her dinner and one dose of medicine. But still I want to see her on video before going to bed. It's worrisome when your child ( she is officially an adult now) is so far from you and sick . Keeping my fingers crossed and praying that she recovers fast. She has got a sty in the eye too. So, that's another issue. Doctor checked that too. November was a good month. And I did make more posts than the usual in this month. And I am happy that I was much regular here. And I did visit the other sites too and made some good progress there too. . Next week comes with a travel for a family function. That would be my topic for some other discussion. I hope my daughter calls soon, so that I can go to sleep with peace of mind. I won't call her as she might be sleeping after the medicine and I don't want to disturb her. I will wait till 12 and then go to sleep Hope all well in your mylot corner
@kaylachan (41638)
Glad to hear the month went well for you. Sorry to hear your daughter is ill, but that can happen. As you said, college is demanding and she just needs to rest and let this thing pass.
@kaylachan (41638)
@arunima25 Yeah, it's a lot more demanding than most people think.
@arunima25 (78730)
• Bangalore, India
I did not receive any call last night as she slept off after her medicine. I received a message around 4 in the morning from her side about the same. She is feeling better. No fever. But weakness is there and stomach is better. She should be all okay in couple of days. She should be calling us in the late afternoon or evening, once her classes are over. She took some good rest last night and that helped. She should rest for few more days and that would help. College life can be hectic.
@TheSojourner (62536)
I am glad that the month was a good one for you. I'm sorry to hear of your daughter's illness. I hope she feels better soon, and also that the sty doesn't last too long. It's never easy, when your child (especially the firstborn) is an adult, as we still see them as our babies. Somehow, they seem to continue to grow older. I can hardly believe that my daughter is 47.
@arunima25 most of my friends are in their early fifties. I never seem to feel like I'm as old as I am at 67. Not until they start climbing mountains and I can't go up as quickly as they can! LOL
@arunima25 (78730)
• Bangalore, India
I did not receive any call last night as she slept off after her medicine. I received a message around 4 in the morning from her side about the same. She is feeling better. No fever. But weakness is there and stomach is better. She should be all okay in couple of days. She should be calling us in the late afternoon or evening, once her classes are over. She is happy and enjoying her campus life. It's the new found independence that matters at this age. But in such times she does miss being home and getting all care and pampering. Now, she has to manage everything. Her friends on the campus and her roomie are caring. Kids take care of each other. In the beginning of the semester, her roomie was very sick and my daughter actually took care of her so well. Your daughter is almost as old as I am. I am going to be 45. You are right. Our kids grow so fast
@arunima25 (78730)
• Bangalore, India
@TheSojourner You are young at heart. And that's how one should be
I hope she called you and is feeling much better. Hopefully it will all have gone away in a day or two.
@arunima25 (78730)
• Bangalore, India
I did not receive any call last night as she slept off after her medicine. I received a message around 4 in the morning from her side about the same. She is feeling better. No fever. But weakness is there and stomach is better. She should be all okay in couple of days. She should be calling us in the late afternoon or evening, once her classes are over. I hope to see her better today when she calls. She looked tired and sick in the last call that we had on Tuesday Thank you for your concern.
You are so very welcome.
@arunima25 (78730)
• Bangalore, India
@RubyHawk (82170)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I’m feeling much better and everything’s fine. Sorry your daughter is sick. Hope she’ll feel much better tomorrow.
@RubyHawk (82170)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@arunima25 I hope she continues to feel better.
@arunima25 (78730)
• Bangalore, India
@RubyHawk We will talk tonight to see how she is. We hope for the same.
@arunima25 (78730)
• Bangalore, India
Good to know that you are doing good. I did not receive any call last night as she slept off after her medicine. I received a message around 4 in the morning from her side about the same. She is feeling better. No fever. But weakness is there and stomach is better. She should be all okay in couple of days. She should be calling us in the late afternoon or evening, once her classes are over.
@sarik1 (5970)
Glad to know. i hope that your are daughter is hope well.
@sarik1 (5970)
@arunima25 Okay good.
@arunima25 (78730)
• Bangalore, India
I just visited her campus this Saturday as I was in Delhi for a wedding. She is doing good. I think it's initial few months that they take to adjust to hostel life. Thank you for your concern.
@arunima25 (78730)
• Bangalore, India
@CarolDM (201709)
Hope your daughter feels better soon.
@arunima25 (78730)
• Bangalore, India
. I did not receive any call last night as she slept off after her medicine. I received a message around 4 in the morning from her side about the same. She is feeling better. No fever. But weakness is there and stomach is better. She should be all okay in couple of days. She should be calling us in the late afternoon or evening, once her classes are over. I hope she sounds and looks better today when she calls. She looked sick and tired in the last call that we had on Tuesday.
@arunima25 (78730)
• Bangalore, India
@CarolDM Yes, she isWe will talk to her tonight and hope that she is better than yesterday.
@CarolDM (201709)
@arunima25 Sounds like she is improving. Thanks for the update.
@dfollin (23465)
This month went really fast to me! I am glad that your November was really good. I hope your daughter get's better soon. Hopefully your December will be good too without her illness.
@arunima25 (78730)
• Bangalore, India
. I did not receive any call last night as she slept off after her medicine. I received a message around 4 in the morning from her side about the same. She is feeling better. No fever. But weakness is there and stomach is better. She should be all okay in couple of days. She should be calling us in the late afternoon or evening, once her classes are over. Time flies. We are almost at the beginning of another year. Have a good month ahead
Hope your daughter gets well soon. It can be quite taxing having to study in that condition.
@arunima25 If one enjoys what one does then that is no work at all
@arunima25 (78730)
• Bangalore, India
Good to know that you are doing good. I did not receive any call last night as she slept off after her medicine. I received a message around 4 in the morning from her side about the same. She is feeling better. No fever. But weakness is there and stomach is better. She should be all okay in couple of days. She should be calling us in the late afternoon or evening, once her classes are over. It's even more hectic for them. They have no pen paper classes and exams, it's all individual assignments( each one in class gets their own different assignment), workshops etc. Quite hectic one but she enjoys it as she is passionate about it. She took some long sleep last night and that helped. Going slow and taking some rest for next few days will be good. She plans to do that.
@RebeccasFarm (84029)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I really pray for your daughter to get well again. I am sorry to read this
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@arunima25 Poor girl..well how is she now then?
@arunima25 (78730)
• Bangalore, India
. I did not receive any call last night as she slept off after her medicine. I received a message around 4 in the morning from her side about the same. She is feeling better. No fever. But weakness is there and stomach is better. She should be all okay in couple of days. She should be calling us in the late afternoon or evening, once her classes are over. Thank you for your concern. I hope to hear her sounding good this afternoon. She looked quite tired and exhausted in the last video call that we had on Tuesday.
@DaddyEvil (111158)
I hope older daughter gets well quickly. College life can be hectic but she still needs to be mindful of her health. I hope you had a good night. (It's still November here for about 7 1/2 hours.)
@DaddyEvil (111158)
@arunima25 Right after you posted your last discussion, myLot went into December. (I live in the same time zone as the myLot office.) Oh, good! I'm glad she's feeling better and hope she adjusts quickly. (It seems odd to me that a person needs to adjust to heat or cold. Here, it's too hot in Summer and too cold in Winter. It's -4C right now.)
@arunima25 (78730)
• Bangalore, India
I did not receive any call last night as she slept off after her medicine. I received a message around 4 in the morning from her side about the same. She is feeling better. No fever. But weakness is there and stomach is better. She should be all okay in couple of days. She should be calling us in the late afternoon or evening, once her classes are over. She is responsible with her health. It's just a lot of adjustment in the beginning and body takes time to adapt. Be it hostel food, the new set up, new friends, managing the demands of college life etc. And for her it's adjusting to the new climate. She has not much experience with extreme temperatures as she grew up in Bangalore with a moderate pleasant temperature throughout. There it's extreme...too hot in summer and freezing in winter. She will take time to adjust with that. It's been just three months. I hope that all will be settled in another couple of months. It seems that the newcomers to the campus fall sick frequently in the beginning few months. Let's make as much as we can till Mylot is in November.
• Rockingham, Australia
It is very worrying when a child, even an adult one, is not well and a long away away. I hope she is fully recovered soon.
• Rockingham, Australia
@arunima25 Our children are always at the forefront of our minds, however young/old they are.
@arunima25 (78730)
• Bangalore, India
Not fully recovered. But a big relief that no more stomach upset and temperature. She has to get back her energy and appetite. It's worrisome but I guess each parent goes through it.
@aninditasen (12499)
• Raurkela, India
Stomach ailments medicine usually induce sleep. She might be sleeping.
@aninditasen (12499)
• Raurkela, India
@arunima25 That she will as stomach ailments causes loss of appetite.
@arunima25 (78730)
• Bangalore, India
She did not call as she was sleeping..she sent me a message early morning about the same. She has no fever and stomach upset now. But still to regain her energy and appetite.
@LindaOHio (114862)
I hope your daughter feels better soon. I hope you have a good day.
@LindaOHio (114862)
@arunima25 She needs to rest as much as she can!
@arunima25 (78730)
• Bangalore, India
Thank you for your concern. She has no more stomach upset and fever. But she needs to regain her energy and appetite.
@Isha13 (1618)
Hope is fine now...
@arunima25 (78730)
• Bangalore, India
I did not receive any call last night as she slept off after her medicine. I received a message around 4 in the morning from her side about the same. She is feeling better. No fever. But weakness is there and stomach is better. She should be all okay in couple of days. She should be calling us in the late afternoon or evening, once her classes are over. Thank you for your concern.
@SRSaba (1142)
• Chennai, India
Good night!