How About This for Biase?

Boise, Idaho
Ronald DeSantis, the Republican governor of Florida, is really showing how inhumane and biased he truly is. He is using state resources to criminalize drag shows. If a family chooses to take their children to a drag show for the holidays they could take the risk of Child Protection breathing down their necks and, possibly having their children taken away. Can you believe it? (I can see where some mature choices in the type of show should be used here but they have some really great shows.) Why not use this money to fight gun crimes, homelessness and so many other things in that area? Yeah, let's get down on the LGBTQ community some more. Your thoughts.
I don't think he should criminalize it, but I believe a rating for admission like they do for movies would be a step in the right direction. Children don't need to be subjected to that.
I agree.
• Walnut Creek, California
I wouldn't take my kids to a drag show. But if others want to, I don't care.
@TheHorse ........I think parents should use some discretion and not take very young kids to these shows.
@garymarsh6 (23217)
Absolutely how ironic that he should focus his attention to that rather than criminal activities. Who the hell does he think he is. He is there to serve the people not to take the easy option & criminalise easy targets.
Thank you for your opinion in this.
@TheHorse ........I very much agree. His choices are not great.
• Walnut Creek, California
He may just want to be "in the news."
I agree the money can be used elsewhere.
@vandana7 (93698)
Taxes are so hard to pay...especially when I know how I wouldn't want them spent away since I could use them for something I need.
• Walnut Creek, California
Maybe it's a political move, to grab Trump's former base. Sounds like a waste of time and resources to me.
And, that is exactly the point.
@porwest .......This is true but, most of the shows are just showy and fun.
@porwest (62641)
Protecting children is a waste of time and resources? Since when?
@LindaOHio (115023)
I like Valerie's idea the best.
@YrNemo (20196)
There is nothing wrong with watching a drag show is it?
• Walnut Creek, California
I've never seen one.
The ones I have seen were in good taste and just showy.
• Walnut Creek, California
@celticeagle Maybe Jim has seen some racier/edgier ones. I don't know. "The ones I have seen were in good taste and just showy."
@Nakitakona (56053)
What is a drag show? I have no idea about it. Sorry for my ignorance.
The term 'drag' is where transgenders cross-dress and have a show of fashion, and humor and just flaunt their looks and such.
@Nakitakona ........A game? Interesting.
@Nakitakona (56053)
@celticeagle okay. Now I know it. We do have here too that kind of fashion show of males wearing women's dress but it's a form of a game.
@Kouponkaren (4662)
How is it "inhumane" to protect children from sexually explicit drag shows when their parents are too stupid to protect them themselves? According to Oxford Languages, the definition of inhumane is "without compassion for misery or suffering; cruel." If parents know there could be a penalty for bringing innocent children to such a show, then they are making this choice themselves and will have to pay the consequences. As a former social worker who used to work with families who neglected and abused their children, bad parenting is inhumane to me.
Not all "drag shows" are dirty. Stupid people shouldn't be parents or governors.