Japanese man makes airport home

@ersmommy1 (12605)
For reasons he can't explain, the Japanese man has been in Terminal 1 of the Benito Juarez International Airport since Sept. 2, surviving off donations from fast-food restaurants and passengers and sleeping in a chair. He says he doesn't know why he is there. Now I think this is a bit strange. Do you think he may be suffering from some sort of mental problem? How long do you think officials will allow him to stay? http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_travel/20081121/ap_tr_ge/lt_travel_brief_mexico_living_at_airport
@mtdewgurl74 (18122)
Wow! I wonder if he is still there or if they made him leave. I do hope they find some of his family or can help him. You would think they would have done something by now.
hahaha..this is amazing!! why the Japanese embassy in Mexico can not do something with this? canthey not adopt the Japanese national or contact his relatives in Japan to help him out from Mexico? He said he doesn't know why he was staying there? there must be something going on in his head? a normal person would not stay like that, just live by asking donations? then he is very dirty and stinks!! I am just wondering why officials can not do something to help him out from Mexico than wait for his visa to expire?
Well, I think he is obviously suffering from some kind of mental illness or another. However, if he isn't hurting anyone and seems to be surviving, I think I wouldn't make much trouble for him. Hard to say, though. If he was a danger, a distraction, or a nusiance. Or, if he might attract other people to try this.. Hrm, I guess it bears some thought.
Sounds strange! Poor guy! He might be suffering from some form of amnesia. I guess he needs medical help, and I hope he will get the help he requires. Cheers and happy mylotting
@maximax8 (27048)
I think that living at an airport is very strange behavior indeed. I haven't seen the movie called The Terminal yet. I can't understand why the man, who has a visa valid until March is not exploring Mexico. Perhaps he has run out of money or he likes the way the passengers are treating him. I wonder if he has family in Japan and if so what they think of his actions. The officials will let him stay until his visa comes to an end. I imagine he is not keeping track of the current date. What he is doing is hardly a holiday and so he might be suffering from some sort of mental problem. It sounds like he needs a bath and some clean clothes. It is lucky he is getting food. Who knows how he will react when March comes around. He might have a return ticket but he seems to like living at the airport.
@bunnybon7 (33961)
• Holiday, Florida
oh that is just so sad. he must be homeless and maybe has memory loss and dont know where family is or has none
@lilybug (21182)
It seems strange that they cannot force him to leave. I am guessing he has some sort of mental problem. I cannot see any other reason why someone would want to live like that.
@katsmeow1213 (28982)
Sounds like that movie, The Terminal, with Tom Hanks. Of course he had a reason to stay. While he was on his flight from his country in Russia, they had gone to war somehow making his passport invalid. So he was not allowed to enter the US, but also could not go back home. He lived in the terminal until the war ended, then was allowed to enter the US, which he only did for one night before returning home.