eating a spoon full of vicks will cure all

k so i'm reading people's discussions about vicks vapour rub being bad for you. well i know someone who's mother used to feed them a spoonful of this stuff when they were kids. don't people read, external use only. yuck, how do you even get that down.
@goldeneagle (6779)
Actually, you are not the first person I have heard this from. My father-in-law has told us about this several times. I don't think the stuff he is talking about eating is the exact same stuff we buy in the stores today, but it could be. You know a lot of the older folks from that day where illiterate, so they may not have been able to read the warnings on the labels (if there were any). It is by the pure grace of God that any of the poor bast@rds survived...LOL He also told me that wrapping your feet in rags soaked in kerosene would cure colds too. Apparently someone forgot to tell him that kerosene is combustible. My cousin told me that his mom used to rub that vick's vapor rub on his feet and put socks on him before bed when he was sick. Maybe there is something to some of these old cures. I surely am not going to eat vick's vapor rub or wrap my feet in kerosene, but I would likely be open to trying some of the other one I have heard about...
it is the same stuff, at least that's what my friend's mother used to give him. he tells the story every time someone opens the bottle or when i'm sick he tells me to do it. ya right,
@jessi0887 (2795)
Yuck. That made me want to throw up just reading that. Was the mother dumb or was she trying to poison her kids. I think the whole external use comes with common sense on that project. I feel sorry for the kids.
I eat it. It doesnt taste bad at all. I've done it for about 15yrs now. Nothing has happened, yet.
My mother ate the stuff and swore by it for years. Finally convinced her to start taking multi-vitamins and the urge for her to eat it went away. I have heard of people eating dirt if their body is deficient in some mineral...is there something in Vicks that could fill a body's need for some sort of mineral.
@design (848)
vicks - vicks, vapour rub
I've heard of people applying it to their feet at night, It's ment to be really benifical, but eating it....as other people said YUCK.
hi p oppoppop that mother was really an idiot as that stuff is not to be taken orally also some people are really allergic to the ingredients in Vicks. I feel sorry for anyone forced to eat that stuff. It is a wonder they did not throw up or worse die from the stuff in Vicks. wow.
@twinklee (895)
Ho, my god! what is that to do with your mouth! Such a dumb lady... How you know this friend?? It is really irritating, they are poor or what, don't they buy any eatables?? Or are they lazy enough to apply it in the painful areas? It is really annoying..Poor children, had no other option i believe