Have you ever said something totally inappropriate but not known until...

@mommyboo (13198)
...someone came to you about it later? Nine times out of ten, someone might not LIKE something that is said, but it doesn't bother them to the point of no return. When you find out, you immediately understand, and then you think... why would I have said that? - when at the time it doesn't seem like there was ANYTHING WRONG WITH WHAT YOU SAID!
@34momma (13895)
oh my i think we have all been in that situation. i know i have said things before and thought nothing of it. until later someone said Sakina you sooo should have not said that. and they repeat to me what i said. I'm like wow.. that came out of my mouth.. what the heck was i thinking... it happens. all you can do is say sorry and try not to put your foot back in your mouth next time
I think that we are all apt to do this from time to time. I know that I've done it more than my fair share of times. The majority of the time when I do it is when I am talking to someone and I will start using my crude sense of humor. I grew up in a family where double entendras and perverse jokes were the norm and now it is something that I sometimes have a difficult time controlling. However, for the most part I am lucky because most of the people that I chose to surround myself with understand my sense of humor and such.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Well there was the time somebody blocked me on Yuwie and I had no idea why until a few weeks later...
hi mommybo well yes but it was sort of innocent as I truly thought I was mylotting to a fellow woman, and it would have been appropriate for her but alas I did not check the profile and assumed this was another women so when this nice male mylotter mentioned that would be fine for a woman but alas he was a guy I was totally embarrassed and replied I am so sorry should have checked your profile, forgive me please. He was most kind and seemed even amused but I did feel myself blushing.