Are you frugal to save the environment?

@oscar6 (1939)
A lot of the things that I do that are frugal are also to help save the environment. I reuse plastic bags, use rechargeable batteries, and do several other things that are frugal. Are you frugal in ways that help save the environment? If so, in what ways?
Its funny how often saving money and saving the planet go hand in hand. We reuse what we can. I know that it saves us money and time. It also helps the environment because I am not running to the store and wasting gas tracking down these things that have here instead. We go through a lot of batteries so we invested in a solar powered battery charger. Now its rechargable batteries and its a free and renewable energy source.
Every time we are frugal, we help the environment. But I did not begin with a need to help the environment but with little money and a need to live well. Slowly I discovered that both things go hand in hand and now I´m environment conscious. Using less light or turning off the lights if you are not using them is important. I remember the last time I was in the US for Christmas. The amount of lights in the outside of the houses was a shame. It was beautiful but the planet doesn´t have energy for that. Chrstmas is about love, not about electric lights.
@cher913 (25893)
we recycle almost everything. see, where i live we are only allowed one bag of garbage per household so we have to. i also try and dry my clothing on a clothes line as well outside.
I think being frugal and being "green" really go hand in hand. I don't think I do anything more special than anyone else does. Recycle things if possible or repurpose them like they did in the old days when stores were not very prevelant and people made due with what they had unless there was no other choice.
@CatGods (4596)
Well we cook in bulk and freeze most of it. Things like tater topper that comes in plastic containers we use for freezing the bulk foods, drinking cups or small containers to eat out of. Some people refer to it as the poor mans Tupperware, but I like to call it save the Earth Tupperware. Glass jars are saved for canning, my other halfs mom does that. Yes we too use rechargeable batteries. And I am experimenting with plastic bags for ways to turn them into gifts. By the end of summer I should have the designs refined and for sale. I will also be making how to videos so that others can learn how I did it. I have allot of work to do but in the end I think it will pay off.
@cutepenguin (6457)
I reuse a lot of things. I am also careful to avoid wasting food, and I compost food waste. I turn off lights and hang dry my laundry. I use cloth diapers on my baby and use cloth napkins.
I bought shopping bags to use when traveling back and forth to stores. I took my items and placed them in the bag rather than store plastic bags. I don't buy bottle water any longer saving those bottles from the trash.
Yes. I use glass jars from the store to keep left overs in the fridge or on the counter they hold rice and dried beans etc. No plastic and I am reusing the glass jars. Two for one, plus they look nice on counter. I also use my own shopping bags I made from old clothing and blankets.