Do we have to care for them?

@lynboobsy11 (11346)
Recently I've seen many new topics from most of the new comers here and as I observe most of them really got us into head ache. I'm not saying all ( you know who you are). Maybe I have to ignore them and not respond on their topics but sometimes I have a feeling they need help to understand what is going here. I don't blame them, once I'm a newbie too and being here for so long, sometimes I need guidance too, to those who are generally memorize the guidelines. How can help them? Do we have to help them? How we can correct them specially wrong grammar, I'm not good in English because it is not my native language but I make sure I use the simplest grammar I know to understand what I'm trying to say. I'm always nice to everyone, when I knew that the discussion will start into a fire I just ignore and leave it. Only this past few days I'm bothered we only want a quality discussion here and have fun but only few of them are around.
hi lyn, I once a newbie also even now I considered myself as a newbie I am not good in english grammar too that's why I love this site cause they are not like others that will correct your grammar but sometimes seeing other's topic that really hard to understand and pretending to be a goodie good cool one (no offense meant) gives me headaches. I just let it cause even how much you tried they don't listen and go on what they think is right for them. You will even accused being so mean or rude to them I don't want to take pain reliever so as much as possible I am looking for a real discussion that is not disgusting happy mylotting
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
I have plenty pain reliever her Bhaby. So what you thing do we have to help them?
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
opps sorry typo *thing* What do you think?
even we want to help them if they don't listen that's useless besides I am not an English teacher I am not good in grammar also but enough to express my feelings
@Raine38 (9195)
Newbie here! ~raises hand~ But I really took the time to read the guidelines, and I know I can't get it all in one go so whenever I receive messages either from MyLot or other mylotters I am thankful for the reminders. I also think my English is far from being the best, but then I think it is our own responsibility to proof read our own "writings". If still there are hits and misses, well, I accept the correction and be grateful that someone took the time to point it out to me.
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
Thanks Raine and I'm glad that you are grateful if someone cared for your mistakes , no body is perfect and we are here to communicate to each other we are not here to be professional in speaking English as long we understand each other were okay. But your right it is our responsibility for our own actions.
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
I agree with binggaling, the most important is the attitude everybody will like you if your always be nice to everybody that's makes our rating go up it is not bad to dis-agree but in a nice way. About the English I know about the guidelines and I'm not into a position to disobey it only I hope that members here also try to learn and enhance their ability to make the discussion interested when everybody can understand what they are trying to tell.
@owlwings (39751)
• Cambridge, England
Correcting people's grammar or spelling or otherwise criticising people for poor English is an absolute no-no here (unless someone specifically asks for help, of course). Discussions which say very little or are definitely Guideline violations are a different matter. Practically everyone here has gone through a time when they have had discussions removed as "poll type" discussions. Most people learn, eventually, that something more is required to make a good discussion than "What's your favourite [ice cream/music/colour]?" There are also the people who come here believing that the only way to earn money is to start swathes of 'discussions', one after another, sometimes filling up whole pages of the 'New Discussions'. Such people are very unlikely ever to reply to the responses they get (or even go back and read them, I am inclined to believe!), so I usually find it best just to skim over the titles and ignore them (occasionally letting Admin know about the ones which I can see are clear violations). I, too, have been worried lately about the scarcity of 'quality' discussions - but perhaps it is just that my own mind is jaded and needs a change of air. What concerns me most is that I have noticed that several people who really understand the nature of discussion have not been posting so much lately and I'm afraid that we might be losing some of the stalwarts who have been keeping the quality up.
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
Exactly your absolutely correct.... these past few days only few like you and the secrets vets are around, I observed and wonder where are the qualifier posters here?
I still consider myself as a newbie here. I became a member here nearly 4 years ago but I just started to become active here last week. I read a lot of discussions here and yeah, you're right. Some have flaws in their grammar. We are not perfect. We sometimes commit mistakes too no matter how simple our English is. Most of the time, they got confused with their tenses and spellings. I know they're doing their best. It's your choice if you will ignore them or not.
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
hmm yeah no body is perfect but I hope they will also learn from mistakes they done. Maybe starting tomorrow I will ignore them but I hope I can find some good discussion to respond too because if not I will not earn any cents here.
@debbygirl (214)
Hi lyn! i myself noticed that too.. And i myself includes those whose poor in English grammar :)haha! Anyway, im trying... really.. But again, that's what i love here in mylot! They never demanded that we should be good in English grammar,considering that we all came from different country. Let's just be considerate always and be patient. We may not know, this site can actually help us or them improve our/their grammars... :) Happy myloting! :)
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
I admit it I learn so much from here too since I joined.
@beamer88 (4267)
I share the same sentiments. There are a few topics that seem to be a bit of poor quality. But I guess we just really can't do anything about it on this discussion platform. Although I think it wasn't explicitly stated that we can't correct say grammar for example, discussions of this sort (that is, errors in grammar) are discouraged according to the guidelines since proficiency in the English language isn't a requirement for signing up here. Well, one way probably is to send them a private message telling them of their errors, but I don't think all would take this constructively. Some might resent the fact that they're being corrected. As to the content of the topic posted, I guess what oldies could do is not to respond to them. I mean, maybe the newbies might take the hint that what they've posted isn't something, well, of good quality.
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
That's what I'm thinking too when I saw most of the topic that I can barely understand and interesting. I almost go back and forth through out my homepage to find one but only few are left and I almost done it.
I am still newbie here, I think My grammar is too poor but it doesn't make me feel shame to post anything here cause other member still get what I mean and I learn alot from other member who expert in english just by reading their discussion or responses. if I like the topic, I will join the discussion and will be glad if my response clear their problem enough.
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
As long we understand what your saying your not poor in English, we can use very simple English that we knew, we can also try consult Mr. Webster there's a lot of ways if we really want too.
@Jshean20 (14367)
I think just by setting the example, this should help them. By completing unique posts full of quality, they will recognize that it gets a lot of responses and they will also see your personal rating which should inspire them. If you think they are posting nonsense, I would just move onto the next discussion, this will eventually get the message across I think.
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
That's what I thought also.
@doroffee (4230)
• Hungary
I could be considered as a newbie, especially compared to some people here, but I sometimes wonder about some people here. Maybe it's just me, but I would never ever join and write stuff in a discussion site just for the money if I can't write a proper sentence in English... just for the money (sometimes I do not even understand what the topic title wants to say!!!). Don't get me wrong, I'm not a native either, but if someone does not know proper grammar and syntax in English, why do they expect to earn loads of money on a discussion site? Most of them do not even read the faq and the terms, either.
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
@Olleenz (3400)
Even I had more 1400 user point, it doesn't mean I'm senior in here .... there's a lot thing I have learn But anyway Newbie is newbie, We can't expect them to be perfect. If we not help them, who gonna do it ??? I remember when I still new in here, I scare to join to senior members discussion (mostly had 1400 user point and above). Then I realize if I keep my attitude like that, I never be advance. So what the heck, I just do it and their responses surprise me. They ignore my weakness, some of them even become good friends of mine. But anyway, we can't expect all newbies change their attitude quickly. Without help and encourage from senior members, I'm not sure they gonna last longer in here. Note: Even senior members still help ....
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
But I hope they will take it positively.
@adhyz82 (36263)
it is dillema.. i ever become a newbie..and of course iam confused the first time here..thanks to some my older member who are patiently guiding me..even i forgot detail many members helps me when iam newbie 3 years ago.. we must understand that mylot is international forum and of course only english is allowed here.. english is not my mother language..and of course i always make error gramatical even i always try and try be better day by day here..same like you, i always make the simplest grammar so another people can understand my aim and meaning here.. we want somebody else here especially newbie understand the rule..but remember many of mylot member had different understanding about mylot, have different ability of english..that`s why we always and always find the "weird question" from newbie and it annoy the "veteran" here..
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
I just hope they take some effort to learn..
The guidelines are easily accessible on here. Most questions newbies have could easily be answered if they just took a quick look at the FAQs. I generally ignore posts by newbies. Often, the posts are questions such as "do we really get paid on here?" (If they bothered to research sites before joining them, they would know the answer to that) and "how much do we get per response?" (Clearly addressed in the FAQs). I usually stick to posts by people with at least 500 responses to their credit. Yeah, I know that's a bit snobbish, but I find that it makes my time on myLot a bit easier. I know that I was once a newbie here, too, but I didn't make post-after-post about how to earn money on here, whether the site is legitimate, referrals to other sites, etc.
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
Very well said wilson, every body has it's own opinion and I respected it.
@caopaopao (12535)
Hehe, I am new here, and I am also a Non-native Speaker. I always use very simple English to express myself. It's a challenge for me, but it's good for me. Maybe everyone is trying to be good here, they just don't know how to express themselves.
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
Welcome to mylot caopaopao nice name you have. Keep it up and hope you learn more and earn more.
@jaiho2009 (39001)
Aw babes....sorry I am not approachable and you know that
here you go again you are not controlling your temper
@jaiho2009 (39001)
I lost my remote control that's why
whaahaha!I think you better get a spare one
@violann (437)
I agree, read what you write before posting, also there is a spell check here so you can make sure your words are spelled correctly.
@violann (437)
I forgot to add sometimes I write it on paper before posting here.
I really think that the best thing that we can do to help people that are new to the site is to gently remind them of the terms of use for the site when they have made the mistakes that so many of us made when we were new to the site. In addition to that, I do think that it is good for us to try to respond to the discussions that those new users have started when it is a discussion that we know that we will not be wasting our time with.