Parents should be punished for crimes committed by their children

Today,juvenile delinquency is not uncommon. A couple of days ago, two teenagers were caught by the local council officers in the act of stealing the side mirror of my cousin's newly bought car,which was parked near the clubhouse. One teenager threw a huge stone that blew the forehead of one of the officers.The conspirator tried ran away but was he caught. Both of them were behind the bars. It was also found out through an investigation that the two had been involved in burglary.Under the Juvenile and Justice welfare act of 2006, children under the age of 15 cannot be charged with a crime. If I were a government official,I would amend the new juvenile justice law in the Philippines. Parents should be held liable for their children's misbehavior by serving in jail for 6 months to 1 year without bail. To what extend do you agree on this?