~I Want Mine To Smell Good~

Playroom
Jacksonville, Florida
You know those homes that you walk into and they smell good at all times? The scent just takes you to some paradise somewhere. It's amazing to me. No matter how much I clean or how much air freshener I spray my home only smells good for a certain length of time... What do these people do to have their home always smelling good? Do you have any tips or tricks to make your house smell good all the time?
Our house smells good like that. I attribute it to the use of our sensei burner, and the right scent. We use a light cucumber scent, and it is nice and uplifting, or so we've been told. I also think that pets and their dander leave a bit of a scent of their own-we don't have any pets here, so that might have something to do with it.
@Juliiacv Where would I get a sensei burner? I would love to try it! We do have 2 dogs who probably don't help the "smelling good" factor in here. Lol
@akalinus (12445)
It will be hard with dogs and kids. I have heard of making the house smell good by baking cookies or using a diffuser.
@LovingMyBabies They are sold like avon, from individual dealers. I would be careful with kids, we have 2 nightlights with burners in them, they are so nice. Do a search online to see if they are sold in your country. They are so popular up here.
As others have said here those wax melts work well . I have a variety of scents from vanilla, clean cotton, and others that are coffee fragrance & baking cookies. They do help make the house smell good
@Marilynda1225 I love anything coffee or cookie scented so I need to try some of those! I have a wax burner, I just need to get some scents for it. =)
@Tina30219 (26265)
• Onaway, Michigan
They have the electric burners where you can burn wax melts at walmart they have a lot of nice ones. My girlfriend started using the unstopables fabric softener beads in hers and the smell lasts longer than some of the wax melts out there. We have a dog and you are not going to cover the smell from it.
@Tina30219 Yeah I have one but I don't think it's enough. I might have to buy more of them so the scent is stronger. I have heard of using the unstoppables and I want to try that!
@Tina30219 (26265)
• Onaway, Michigan
@LovingMyBabies Me and my boyfriend are going to try them soon. As for getting more go for it I say the more the merrier. We have one in every room except bathroom.
@sugartoes (34780)
• Greencastle, Indiana
burn them incense candles that burn for HRS is how they do it just make SURE you put it up where it can't be knocked down & burn the place down.
@sugartoes Well of course they would not be anywhere near the kiddo's can reach. I have to try those.
@sugartoes (34780)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@LovingMyBabies the LONG incense sticks works good too
I use wax melts in warmer units. I have 4 going at all times. Really does make a home smell good and the variety of the fragrances are numerous. However, with little ones running around, I would place them up high. The melted wax does not burn skin, but sure is messy if spilled. Scentsy wax melts are the longest lasting, but cost more. Other wax melts work well too.
@Corbin5 I have a wax warmer, maybe I should get more of those as one doesn't seem to do the trick. Yeah I know they can get messy so I would put them on the counter away from my little ones.
• Riga, Latvia
I have an old two story house that is airy and drafty so it never stuffs up. If I need to refresh one room I just open all the windows. I know that a drafty house is not the answer to making a home smell good. This might give you some ideas
Has this happened to you: You walk into your home after being gone at work or out shopping, and whoa…something smells funky! But where is it coming from? You sniff. You search. You’re stumped. Your home can be filled with all sorts of things t
@Rasmasandra Thank you for the link. I will check it out. =)
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
It's probably not what they have, it's what they don't have. I've noticed houses that smell wonderful most of the time don't have pets, at least not indoors, and often don't have young children.
@DWDavis Dang it! I don't want to sell my pets and kids on Ebay just to have a good smelling house! I had a feeling that's what the issue was...
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@LovingMyBabies My wife uses some of the suggestions I've seen here in the comments, such as scented wax and burning candles. With your kids running about, you may want to look at options that don't use flame or heat, though.
@DWDavis I have a wax warmer that I keep up high. I think the trick is having more than one which I didn't know. I'm glad I asked here! =)
@besweet (7340)
• Greece
I know exactly what you mean. I really don't know what's the trick, I have reached the conclusion that they have hidden aromatic fragrances everywhere! lol
@beesweet I think they must use multiple wax melts as others here have said. I am going to try that!
Your room looks very neat. I don't know what people do either. I open up the house and let in lots of fresh air but that's about it for me.
@JudyEv Thank you, that's the playroom. =) I think I'm going to try a couple more wax burners since I only have one right now.
@Platespinner (18563)
I find houses with houseplants usually smell the best to me...but then what smells good to many people smells horrible to me. I can not stand the smell of air fresheners, or chemical scents (dryer sheets are the absolute worst. My house smells of whatever happens to be cooking when we're at home, but I'll admit it does smell a bit dankish when we've been away for a few days.
@Platespinner Yeah when I'm cooking my home smells good too but that slowly fades away after some time. I think I will try getting more wax melts, one isn't doing the trick.
I have some air freshers in my house that I put in different windows to keep the house smelling good. I always have one in the laundry room where the litter box is.
@jstory07 Yeah I am going to have to try more than one. I have always used one at a time and never understood why my home didn't smell pretty. Maybe I need more than one!
My homes both smell great naturally, because I keep everything clean. Cooking odors can be stinky or good, but I run the exhaust. That being said, I love matching scented candles, wax melters, scented oils, and room sprays. We order them online.
@yukimori (8562)
I know a few people who use the plug-in scents from Bath and Body Works. They have a huge selection of scents available and they change based on the season, too.
@katsmeow1213 (28927)
Because you live there you don't notice any smell at all. Invite friends over and ask them what they smell when they come in. I hope mine doesn't smell bad, but it probably does!
@LeaPea2417 (15388)
• Toccoa, Georgia
As I wrote about in a recent post, we use air fresheners ,but I have to be careful the kinds we use because I can get a headache.
https://www.wish.com/search/oil%20diffuser#cid=5765f6a7969f3162325958dd
Buy oil diffuser at Wish - Shopping Made Fun
@LoriAMoore (10031)
Ours usually does but I don't know why. At night the house will smell like whatever I cooked but it dissipates overnight and smells fresh again.
Ok I have that type of home and so does a lot of my loved ones. My brother has plug ins from the yankee candle shop. He also has a difuser oh so awesome but expensive. I read that the one wish.com has is worth the month. I am buying mine there. I buy candles from bath and body only when on sale. I have a candle warmer off amazon. The candle smells so good my neighbors love it. To spruce that up I am buying scented oil to drop in the candle. I also have fabreeze plug in from walmart. Now I check most plug in an fabreeze last the longest. My mom has them and it's devine in here. If you want you cna buy a good oil and a cheaper candle with no scent and set it on a warmer. it does not heat a lot to use a lot of current. Yankee candle has the tarts oh they smell so good. Buy about 6 of them and open them all up. place them on a small dish an bam your house will be like the store. The bigger the space the less you will smell. good luck.
@Bella128 (2488)
It seems like it's an endless task and hard to get a handle on at times. I'm always changing out candles with different scents it seems. Opening up a window and letting the fresh air in now and then is probably the best thing to do to air out a room.
Yes an herb called sage . . .