***Administrative Advisement*** Re: reported posts

I just want to take a minute and remind everyone that if you are reporting a post, to please not comment on the post to announce that it was reported. It serves no purpose other than to antagonize, especially since reporting a discussion is no guaranty of it's removal.
• Denmark
@GoAskAlice Do you want us to give you the link to the original source if a post has been plagiarised?
That might be the only exception I would make, as it is helpful to me in figuring out why a post was reported. In this case, just dropping a link to the original piece is sufficient.
@GoAskAlice That's why I miss the option for adding comments to the reports from the old site... it seems like there's a lot more guesswork involved nowadays. Being able to drop a link to the source(s) a post was plagiarized from probably cut down on a bit of work on your end.
@owlandbutterfly It isn't a huge amount of guess work. Most times I can usually figure it out. But I do also miss the comments in the reports.
I guess I have done that at times. I was thinking it would eliminate you receiving multiple reports on the same post. I will change that as requested.
Don't worry, that really is not an issue for me. A discussion can be reported 100 times, and it only shows up as one entry in the reported discussion list.
@Mike197602 (13517)
• Worcester, England
Message received and understood...and I totally agree
Reported
@CoralLevang (40899)
This seems like common sense to me. But what do I know? I don't want to have any kind of interaction with someone I'm going to report
@DaddyEvil (22415)
WOW! Beautiful AND with common sense! A twofer! (A twofer is always a good thing, Coral!)
@CoralLevang (40899)
I fully agree with you, there is no reason to start arguments.
@silvermist (15794)
Good point.I usually just report it.No point in letting the person know who reported it.
@DaddyEvil (22415)
Well, silvermist, this avatar is certainly different. I like it!
@msiduri (5840)
If I find a plagiarized post, I'll leave the link in the original. I'm hoping I don't find many, though. I really dislike them.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Thank you for this reminder, it's a good thing for older members as well as newbies to be reminded or and to remember.
@Gillygirl (15290)
• Sutton, England
Thank you, I have done this in the past and won't do it again.
@DaddyEvil (22415)
You were being a BAD little girl, Gillian!!!I LIKE bad little girls!
@Gillygirl (15290)
• Sutton, England
@DaddyEvil Do you indeed.
@Beatburn (3994)
@DaddyEvil There he goes again.
Okay good advice and hope it is followed accordingly
Thanks for the clarification, I never comment if I'm reporting.
@sugartoes (34838)
• Greencastle, Indiana
thank you for the update I try not to report any post but when it needs to be reported I don't comment on it I shared this with everyone.
@akalinus (12445)
Thank you for reminding us.
@DaddyEvil (22415)
Hello, Jo Ann... You doing anything tonight?
@Plethos (4846)
@DaddyEvil (creeper)
@DaddyEvil (22415)
@Plethos At least I KNOW you don't have any problems with me being a sweet and innocent kind of guy, Plethos... Well, other than you being jealous of my fantastic good looks, my obvious charm and warm personality.... But, I will admit, I haven't ever heard of someone with everything going for him being called 'creeper' before... It almost sounds like an insult! It is just a darn good thing I know you'd never insult me like that! We are too good of friends for that to ever happen! (Where is the crap emoji? Oh, yeah.... they refused to let us have one on myLot because we'd always be using it on each other... Well, you can just use your imagination to picture a really big pile of steaming cow flop, buddy! I hope you enjoy cleaning the mess up! )
@dpk262006 (54812)
Thanks for the update. I normally don't report a post. Even if there's anything to be reported, I would not make a comment anywhere.
I wondered about that. So far I haven't commented on anything I've reported.
@Asylum (47329)
• Manchester, England
This is a fair point and I admit to being guilty of doing that occasionally.
@GoAskAlice Got it!!
@DaddyEvil (22415)
Thank you!
@ridingbet (38080)
got it. i just push on the 'report' and not comment about my action. thanks for the heads up.
@carebear29 (26172)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
Agreed
I agree its like rubbing salt into a wound too none of us can be sure we are always right too thanks for reminding us