Why do you think sushi is so popular?

Sushi seems to be pretty popular around the world... So, is there any plausible explanation for this (other than "well... people like fish.")? I always listen to someone talk about this dish, always with lots of praise (among them how healthy it is)... But for you, what would be the main cause(s)?
@ilocosboy (31472)
It has a distinct taste and look. Not the usual recipe you can see in the table
@Linda1234 (4783)
• Houston, Texas
it looks very healthy with raw fish and veggie salad .
@ilocosboy (31472)
@Linda1234 very yummy food
@Linda1234 (4783)
• Houston, Texas
@ilocosboy I like seafood veggie too .
@manasamanu (3756)
• Bangalore, India
I think it is taste and both health factors that has made sushi popular.
@1hopefulman (19508)
I don't have the stomach for it and have never tried it. But I know some family and friends that love it. I guess it tastes good!
@EddieHands (32142)
I do not know why. But it's very tasty!I am here to eat it all now! Blessings
We don't get it often in our small town but I like the taste. I guess that is the main reason.
@magallon (17113)
I love the fried sushi. It is really yummy..
I honestly don't know but oh so so much do I love to eat it.
Sushi is indeed a popular foreign food here. I think the reason is simple. It is healthy and especially it is very delicious. I enjoy eating sushi.
I do not like sushi at all. I will not eat any food raw.
@averygirl72 (12356)
There are sushis that I like there are sushi's that I don't. They're not that bad
• Lakewood, Colorado
Because it is trendy to eat sushi..at least that is what I find around here. I don't like it myself. I only like caviler and who can afford that? lol
@sishy7 (26533)
many people are turned off by it too...
@FourWalls (9421)
Reminds me of a line from the TV show Brothers: KELLY: Lou, it's sushi. LOU: Ew, you're telling me! Different strokes for different folks. I don't like fish; plus, I'm allergic to most seafood.
Because people have weird taste buds.. lol
I dont know anything, I just eat it but I only like the veggie, no raw fish. However I dont mind the roe. I love the ones with candy seaweed.
@pumpkinjam (5680)
I love it. I don't know why it is so popular as all I could say is that it tastes nice. It's, apparently, not popular where I live. There were two sushi places - one restaurant in the next town and one take-away place in the city. The one in the town is OK. I wasn't sure if it had closed down, though, as it wasn't open the last couple of times I went past. I'm hoping it was just because they didn't open that early. The one in the city wasn't there for long. I must have only visited twice and the third time I went, it was closed down. That's a real shame as it was in a food court where most of the food was things like McDonalds and KFC. They have a Subway but it was nice to have something which wasn't a Subway salad when you wanted to eat real food!