Do you have some relaxation planned for this Sunday?

Pleasant Hill, California
I may actually get some relaxation time in today. Yesterday, I had a 6 PM music gig, so I couldn't quite "blow off" the day and take a drive to the Coast or something. Today, my friend and I are going to do some music editing in the late afternoon, but my only "obligation" other than that is to grade the last ten or so papers in my stack. Oh, I may see a kid client as well. I was supposed to see him Thursday, but a motorcycle accident on I-680 meant I couldn't get to San Ramon, where he lives. Anyway, I'm going to relax a bit now, grade a few papers, and not worry about what I have to do later in the day. Will you get to relax today?
• Denmark
I'm retired. I can relax as much as I like. When I had marked (BE)/graded (AE) my last paper EVER, I let out a loud howl which could probably be heard up and down the street!
• Pleasant Hill, California
I should haunt you by writing my posts in "student English."
• Denmark
@TheHorse Do you think that would surprise or shock me in any way? I've seen it for 40 years.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@MALUSE i can try, if i right bad enough maybe you will not bee abel to resist the temptation to edit what i right and u will find you're fingers searching for a red pen and you will get to experience my nemesis which is the run on sentence this makes me so tired because I'm always puting in periods and commas where they should bee and im a psychology teacher not an English teacher.
I am sorry you have been unable to get to San Ramon. I had a walk with my husband to the center of the village. There was the chestnuts festival today, I like the smell of roasted chestnuts.
• Pleasant Hill, California
That sounds really lovely. Just hearing the word "village" makes me feel relaxed.
@TheHorse @LadyDuck I love it when fellow myLotters speak of "villages" as well. We don't really have "villages" here.
• San Jose, California
@much2say We do where I grew up, and I've always lived in the United States... it's the only thing you can call an area that's too small to be a town, but is definitely a self-contained community of sorts.
Besides cleaning the messy kitchen, working at a rental for an hour or so, yeah. I will rest.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Sounds goo. I may go flop on my bed with some papers now. If I do a few now and a few after my second cup of coffee, I'll be almost done.
@TheHorse Sounds like a plan, get those out of the way of FUN!
Always. As I make sure to watch some type of tv everyday to relax.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Funny. It's Sunday. I used to watch football on Sundays. I haven't moved anywhere near the TV today. I guess I should check the scores. Do the Raiders play?
@TheHorse i used to wstch football on sundays too. Least, the teams i liked, if they were one if the games i got on tv. But dont watch often. No idea. Don't like them.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Courtlynn Maybe it's all the thuggery among NFL players. But I just lost interest. I still kind of root for the Raiders.
• Riga, Latvia
My day is at an end. I worked on the PC, went out walking to the store in the late afternoon and am just now finishing up here and looking forward to watching some movies. Hope you have a good day.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Thanks! I'm down to three papers left to grade. Then I can pounce. What movies will you watch?
• Pleasant Hill, California
@RasmaSandra I miss Robin Williams.
Hopefully I'll spend most of the day relaxing.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I'm just a tad jealous. But I took this evening off and went to the pool.
@TheHorse You get some nice photos of kids from time to time.
I watched football most of the day, including my beloved Raiders stinking up the field tonight.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I didn't watch the game but heard they sucked. What was up with Carr? Under 100 yards passing until the last drive?
@TheHorse - Both Crabtree and Cooper dropped several passes at key times. That and the much vaunted offensive line couldn't stop Washington's pass rush.
@fishtiger58 (29387)
• Momence, Illinois
I spent most of the weekend in Michigan visiting my son. So today I did absolutely nothing once I got home from Michigan.
• Pleasant Hill, California
That sounds great! Will you send me a couple of days like that?
@fishtiger58 (29387)
• Momence, Illinois
@TheHorse lol I wish I could
@1creekgirl (7413)
I had a wonderfully relaxing Sunday. I taught sunday School, stayed for church, then my husband and I went out for lunch. Came home, took a nap, then went fishing in the pond behind our house.We caught enough bass, white perch and speckled perch for a nice meal this week. Finished off the day by sitting in our shack out back, enjoying a fire in the fire pit and talking.
• Pleasant Hill, California
It doesn't get much better than that. How old were the kids in Sunday School?
@TheHorse Adults, lol!
@spiderdust (2501)
• San Jose, California
Oh, no! It looks like Ms. Horse got into the anti-aging cream again!
• Pleasant Hill, California
I've become resigned to relating to her in different ways now. But if I have to watch Frozen one more time, I think I might just do myself in.
• San Jose, California
@TheHorse As the mother of a little girl, I can relate... unfortunately mine has discovered some of the Disney Channel shows for the slightly older crowd, like Jessie and Bunk'd. Those shows are sooooo banal.
@Platespinner (17590)
I always get to relax so today is nothing special--that's the life of a toy in a home with no small children.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I am standing beneath my master's monitor, staring red-eyed daggers at him for not paying attention to me.
@TheHorse I'm hanging out at the base of the Saturn V. I'm not very good at glaring.
Relax? What's that? I have 2 crazy kids here . Well today we don't have solid plans, so that's a good thing as we can play it by ear. Yesterday the kids got to go to a birthday party, so today I hope the parents get some chill time (if even to sit and enjoy our cup of coffee!)
• Pleasant Hill, California
Eh, send 'em here. My little buddy and I will tire them out.
@TheHorse Really? That'd just be too cool to have a playdate with y'all!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Hope you are able to relax. I just made brunch after putting dinner in the crock pot to cook and am now watching a football documentary.
• Pleasant Hill, California
American football? What's the documentary about? I used to have football on in the background on Sundays, but I lost interest.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@TheHorse SEC. College ball. The only football I really care about is my school. University of Tennessee
@Tracy04 (10659)
So cute! The girl in the picture.
• Pleasant Hill, California
She's one of my buddies at the preschool. I think she's three. I call her "my little Buddhist" because she just takes her time about everything she does. Kids remember everything, even if they don't know what it means. The other day, she said, "I'm your little Buddhist." I just gave her a hug and said, "You know how to take your time and savor things," and then moved on.
I am relaxing while Little Miss is napping. Of course I am multi-tasking while "relaxing", have laundry going and started the dishes. Hope to take a ride when she wakes up. Maybe we will go to the Goodwill for a bit of bargain hunting.
• Pleasant Hill, California
If you find some Dynaco speakers for under $60, let me know!
Very hot and humid here, so outdoors is quite unpleasant. I have a good book, so reading is scheduled for relaxation purposes.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Sounds good to me. I'm still relaxing with my papers. It's really nice out here, though: sunny and about 70 degrees F.
Yes we planned to go swimming and eat afternoon snack by the pool and after swimming. We will do movie marathon till dinner time. Hope you have a relaxing sunday too.
• Pleasant Hill, California
That sounds like fun! Splash around a bit for me. I'm not sure if I'll make the pool today or not.
Yeah, I mostly chilled today. I didn't feel like doing much.
• Marion, Kansas
I have a scheduled day off and I will relax mostly today.
@responsiveme (13202)
Sunday over and was spent in a frenzy of cleaning up.will relax after work today