Am I normal?!?!

Mombasa, Kenya
As I sit down on my bed, I can't help counting my teeth, only God knows how many times I have been doing this. In a nutshell, am 26, am I not supposed to be having 32 teeth?? I have 2 less, and the latest two just appeared 2years ago.... Am worried
@owlwings (39229)
• Cambridge, England
You're undoubtedly quite normal. Your last two wisdom teeth (right at the very back of your mouth) may not have appeared yet. They usually come through some time between the ages of 17 and 25, so 26 is certainly not too late. However, it would be a good idea to see a dentist and have an X-ray to see what the situation is. They might be trying to come through at the wrong angle or your jaw may be too small to accommodate them, in which case it may be a good idea to have them removed. Only an X-ray can really tell you if there's a problem or not.
• Mombasa, Kenya
Am so going for a dentist, thanks for the information
@owlwings (39229)
• Cambridge, England
@joanwanjala If you are not in pain, then you probably won't need them removed (if they are, indeed, there - it's just possible that those two teeth never developed). In fact, if impacted wisdom teeth aren't causing any problems, they should simply be left alone. I would certainly have a dentist check them, though, just to set your mind at rest.
• Mombasa, Kenya
@owlwings You are heaven sent, you are so informed,
Have you never gone to a dentist? He or she could explain things to you.
• Mombasa, Kenya
Never been to one, looking for one asap
@joanwanjala So You prefer to get medical advice from a community of people you don't know to one from an expert? I'm puzzled.
• Mombasa, Kenya
@MALUSE Not really, just wanted to know if am the only one in this
@sol_cee (15487)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
That's quite a hobby. Tooth counting. ;)
• Mombasa, Kenya
It's serious dear, accompanied by so many question marks
@vandana7 (64929)
LOL. Poor little girl..lol
• Mombasa, Kenya
I would not worry about this I have had so many strange things in my life concerning teeth. First of all I only had braces when I went to university and was told I needed them because I had too many teeth in my mouth and had to have some pulled and then pulled together by braces. Then many years later I had to have a wisdom tooth removed and was told I should have all my wisdom teeth removed because | had too many teeth in my mouth once again. lol Perhaps this link can help.
How many teeth do we have? Have you ever wondered that? Well, the answer depends on a few factors, the biggest factor being age. Learn more, here.
• Mombasa, Kenya
Oh my God, I get you, and thanks for the information
You sound normal to me. You don't even need your wisdom teeth, but they still might come in completely anyway. I had to have my wisdom teeth surgically removed in my twenties.
• Mombasa, Kenya
And why did you remove them? And talking of wisdom, do they have anything on one being wise *hides*
@joanwanjala Wisdom teeth are useless. Hopefully, no one ever has to mess with them. However, sometimes your wisdom teeth cause tremendous pain, and you can't do anything to help. Sometimes they decay. Your regular teeth can be fine, with no cavities, but those wisdom teeth will decay anyway. Luckily, wisdom teeth have nothing to do with actual wisdom.
• Mombasa, Kenya
@AmbiePam this is so encouraging
@YrNemo (12657)
I had a good laugh reading this post of yours. It is so funny. My little girl used to do that, counting her teeth. I am glad that she stopped now, being much older. Here, most children would be taken to go seeing dentists from the age of 3-4 or something similar.
• Mombasa, Kenya
The struggle is real dear
@YrNemo (12657)
@joanwanjala You are going to be a very funny mom by the time you have children .
• Mombasa, Kenya
@YrNemo I will be monitoring their every part of the body as they grow, lol
I don't think you have anything to worry about. I'd say you're normal.
• Mombasa, Kenya
Thanks so much dear, this is what I needed to hear
@kepweng (14768)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
dont worry friend whre the same
• Mombasa, Kenya
Good to know, what a feeling
@Kahl39 (1226)
• Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Oooops you are so worried with two missing teeth. Tell you what. I have 5 missing teeth every since in my late twenties as I noticed.
• Mombasa, Kenya
This is what I needed to hear, yeah, that at least am not alone in this, thanks alot
I think you are normal. I also had my two wisdom teeth when I was already in College so I am about 17-21 then. Maybe they will be appearing soon. Don't worry.
• Mombasa, Kenya
Thanks dear
@Shellyann36 (9616)
Did you recently get your wisdom teeth? They come in later in life and normally they need to be removed. They can cause your mouth to be too full and crowd your original teeth. Have you been able to see a dentist yet?
@1hopefulman (28482)
Have you gone to a dentist to make sure all is ok?
@Tracy04 (10839)
I believe you are normal. Don't worry