Accident at the Walking Trails

I woke up early this morning and met up with a few friends at the Trails, where I walk every morning. Ignore that snake in this photo. It is to show you that part of the trail is unpaved and covered with crushed gravel. A friend of mine stumbled and down she went. I helped her up, my heart pounding, and she insisted she was fine and completed the loop. By then her ankle was swollen and bruised. She wouldn't let me drive her to the Emergency Room, but she let me drive her home. Her husband just called me. They are at the ER now waiting for X-ray results. That's been my morning so far. How is yours?
So good to hear she is at the ER now. A rough start to a morning for you and your friend.
I'm sitting by the phone waiting for her or her husband to call. I knew she needed to be seen by a doctor. It didn't look good.
@DianneN I am hoping she did not suffer a broken bone.
@Corbin5 We stopped by to visit her. She has a bad sprain. I won't be able to walk with her until we return from Florida.
Hope that your friend will be alright. My day is at an end and soon I'm going to get off to watch movies.
She wound up with a bad sprain. Hope you enjoyed your movies. I'm heading to bed soon.
@DianneN glad to hear it was only a sprain hope she heals fast.
@FourWalls (14639)
Oh, wow. I just woke up and went to lunch. I hope she’s okay. What a rotten thing....and I’m glad the snake wasn’t really there!
That darn snake was there one afternoon when I went for a walk by myself. It cut my walk short right then and there! Never a dull moment around here. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Oh goodness. =( I'm sorry for your friend and hope she will be okay. I hope your day gets better as I'm sure that was scary and upsetting for you as well.
I'm waiting by the phone to hear how she makes out. I was as shaken up as she. Thanks.
I am trying to ignore the snake Dianne . I am sorry for your friend, I hope it's nothing serious.
Lol! That snake cut my walk very short a few years ago. We stopped to visit her and it's a bad sprain. She's on pain meds now and needs to heal for quite a while. I won't be walking with her again until I return from Florida. I feel so badly for her.
@DianneN Those small snakes scare me, you almost do not see them until you are very close. I am sorry for your friend, I hope it's not too painful.
@DianneN I hope she can recover soon, it's so easy to get hurt. It's even darker than this morning. I am staying inside all the day.
That is not a fun morning. I remember one time it was a Friday and I took a bus to a certain part and our sidewalks are not good shape. I tripped up and fell and was bleeding from the top of my nose. A soldier and her friend passed by me and offered me water. I ended up passing out in the street by the curb and a nice lady picked me up and took me home. She wanted to take me to the emergency but I said I wanted to go home. I called my doctor's office and talked to one of the doctors on call and he said to stay up so I did. It looked like someone beat me up. I had to get new glasses and went to the laser doctor but did not fix the whole thing.
How awful for you! I hope you didn't have a concussion. Injuries to the face are impossible, but thank goodness for that nice lady to help you home.
@DianneN Thanks Dianne. That is why I had to stay up so I would be able to wake up in the next morning when I could go to bed. That was very nice of her to help me out.
mothiong dramatic at all except my alleggy let me havt it big time sneezing eyes watering nose stuffedf more 'sneezkng all finally stopped fell asledp here bit mever gad a nap at all lol
Oh no, I hope your friend is ok! The gravel had no manners . We like to think that we are still agile, but even on our hikes both Hubby and I have twisted our ankles here and there on irregular surfaces of trails. The kids have done the same at times, but they leave with almost no reminder of it . . . whereas we adults feel the after effects even if it is hours later . Hope it is good news for your friend. Our morning just started - and it's going to be a crazy day!!
I'm waiting for a call. I hope she didn't break her ankle. Yes, accidents can happen at any age, but the older you are, the longer it takes to heal. Have a wonderful crazy day!!!
@DianneN Yah, that happened on the ice . I saw below that your friend had a bad sprain . . . hope she is not in too much pain and heals up quick!
@much2say That's what scares me about the ice. My friend is on pain meds. I'm going to visit her in an hour or so.
• Pamplona, Spain
That is a good job she got to the ER and has had her foot seen to. Very painful to walk on and sometimes its a lateral foot fracture in disguise if it swells up so much. It happened to me too once. When I thought and dared to be more adventurous.
Oh, no! That must have been awful for you. I'm still waiting and waiting for a call.
• Pamplona, Spain
@DianneN Lets hope its nothing then in particular. Mine got cured after four weeks. I was more careful after.
@lovinangelsinstead21 It was a bad sprain.
I do hope that she is okay and didn't do any extra damage by continuing on her way and ewwww to the snake. I hate them.
I'm still waifor her or her husband to call me. I hope she didn't break her ankle!!! I saw that snake a few years ago when I took an afternoon walk by myself. I went home immediately! SCREAM!!!!!!
@DianneN I would have too. Have you heard anything about your friend yet?
@Happy2BeMe Yes, she has a bad sprain. We just got back from visiting her. No walking with her until I return from Florida. Poor girl.
@responsiveme (16835)
Eeeeeeks can't ignore any snakes ...I jump miles away. Sorry about your friend, hope no bones are broken
That snake made me scream and go home! lol Thanks. My friend wound up the a bad sprain and no broken bones.
@DianneN good news...But still she will have to rest for a bit
@responsiveme Definitely!
@LeaPea2417 (21545)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Oh my goodness, I hope her ankle is not broken!
Just a bad sprain, which is better than a broken ankle.
@LeaPea2417 (21545)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@DianneN That is good to know.
Cannot help but talk about that snake although we are clearly told to ignore it Did not know they crawl on gravel too. I thought it was rough for their skin. Must look out now as I have gravel paths. Hope your friend has nothing serious to worry about.
Snakes terrify me! This wasn't the first one I've seen on that gravel path, so be careful! My friend wound up with a nasty sprain. We stopped by bearing gifts late afternoon.
@DianneN Thanks. I will be careful. Hope your friend peps up more looking at those gifts
@allknowing Good, and she only got flowers, a book of brain teasers, and a huge box of chocolates. lol
She was very determined to complete the loop. Hope it isn't too serious.
She wound up with a bad sprain, poor girl.
@DianneN That must have been painful.
@Kandae11 She's on meds. Ouch!
Oh dear so sorry to hear of your friends accident..hope she will be fine and recover. I wish they would pave that then. She should have maybe got off it immediately.
She really should have stopped walking immediately. As it turns out, it's a bad sprain and she's on pain meds. We stopped by for a quick visit. She's upset with herself, but accidents do happen. At least there are no breaks.
@DianneN Oh good no breaks..
Gee I hope your friend is okay and her ankle isn't broken. Not a great way for you to start your day
My day started off on the wrong foot, pun intended, but ended on a high note. My friend has a bad sprain and no fractures, thank goodness!
@DianneN a sprain can sometimes be more painful than a break but glad your friend is okay and hope she is up and walking those trails again soon
@Marilynda1225 I've heard that, too. Ouch! Thank you!
@JustBhem (40981)
• Davao, Philippines
Sorry to hear about your friends Miss D, I hope it's not serious.
Thanks. I'm still waiting for a call.
@JustBhem (40981)
• Davao, Philippines
@DianneN I see. I hope she will be okay.
@JustBhem Thanks so much and so do I.
@bluesa (14027)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Oh, sheesh! I am so sorry! I hope her ankle will be fine, Dianne! I, um, ended up going out for cocktails, totally last minute.
Are you drunk? Lol! I saw your post and happy you went out. She has a bad sprain and now fractures, thank goodness.
@bluesa (14027)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@DianneN lol, I was just a little mellow . Thank you. Thank goodness she doesn't have a fracture! I hope she'll heal well.
Oh goodness. Hope its not too bad
Waiting to hear. Sigh.....
Hope things will come good sooner
Thanks!