Here but not Here

I am only here to apologize. Then I will disappear again until the weekend. I'm so sorry I haven't been active, but feel the need to tell you why. ~The newlyweds returned home from their honeymoon, after having actually traveled around the world. Our son visited for hours all day yesterday excited to share photos and stories of their fabulous honeymoon. ~He also sold his home while in Wakatobi! He had his attorney examine the contract to make changes after consulting with us. It was signed yesterday!!!! ~The newlyweds will live in our home after the January 16th closing. We will be in Florida for the winter, and they can take their time looking for the perfect home for them. It's all so exciting!!!! ~The Ice Princess did indeed fracure her heel and is wearing a boot. Her doctor said it's common with figure skaters and dancers. She was allowed to attend ice skating practice, but no jumping allowed. She is being very careful. The doctor will see her on Friday again, and determine whether or not she can dance in her Off Broadway show. She told me she'd rather ice skate any day of the week, so won't be too upset. ~My son stopped by to get his female cat, Kuma, whom we've had since the first week in October. So sad to see her leave. ~We had our lawn aerated and reseeded. ~We had 5 huge trees removed. It took since last week to chip them and cut up and tow away the huge trunks. ~We had a fall cleanup yesterday. ~In between, we have been busy shopping, cleaning, and preparing for Thanksgiving. I'm cooking for 11! So, those are some of the reasons why I haven't been here. Thanks so much to those of you have messaged me asking about my granddaughter and why I haven't been active. You know who you are! I shall return. Happy Thanksgiving to those of my friends who celebrate. It's my favorite holiday!
Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! You have been very busy, but a good kind of busy!!
Most of it has been a good type of busy. The rotten part was the fractured heel. It kept me awake and sick to my stomach. I told you I was a worrier! lol
@DianneN You picked the right thing about which to worry. I would have done the same. Heck, I worry about Josh and Katie,and both are fine! I'm nuts!
@Corbin5 Lol! Loving mothers worry, even when things are just fine.
Wow! What a schedule! I am glad everything is going well, and the skating star is taking her injury status in stride.
Thank you. I'm in need of a rest from everything, so I turned to myLot. I will try to stay until I go to sleep early. Also had a lab test for a doc appointment next week.
I know not to worry about you, you have a very full and active life.
Thank you! Too full. Too active.
Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving. Thanks for the update on your grand daughter. Shevhhas been in my thoughts.
Thank you so much! I can't wait to see those babies, including my big babies.
@DianneN that will be nice
@Happy2BeMe Thanks! I'm looking forward to one last big family get together before we head south.
@poehere (17879)
• French Polynesia
Wow, now that is an active plate and a full one at that. I'm sorry I missed the story of the ice princess and her fractured heel. I'm glad it isn't too bad and she will be fine. So sorry to hear that this one happened. How exciting the honeymooners have returned home and I bet you were so excited to see all the photos they have taken. What a wonderful time for you and your family. Know you are busy with Thanksgiving and then getting ready to winter in Florida. Take you time and we'll be here when you have time to sit down and relax.
Thanks so much! I'm here to relax for a bit. My granddaughter will be allowed to walk in the show with sneakers. No tapping or ballet, but she can sing, etc. We decided not to drive in to see the show. It's a pain with the traffic and parking, and we won't be able to see our son or grandson. Our grandson is in a championship ice hockey playoff in New Jersey at the same time. Such is my life!!!!
@poehere (17879)
• French Polynesia
@DianneN I really do agree with your granddaughter that it is best to not dance and hurt her food further. She would rather ice skate than dance in th show. So if t his one is good and she can handle just walking in the show I think she'll have fun anyway. I sure hope her foot heals quickly and that she will be back on the ice soon.
@poehere Thanks, Ann. She is having physical therapy and trying her best to heal quickly. She skates without jumping, and gets off the ice when her foot hurts. The doctor said it was okay.
@Deepizzaguy (7664)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday to celebrate to be thankful for our blessings in life.
Yes, it is! It's my favorite holiday.
@yanzalong (8869)
Sounds like you have been busy. Happy thanksgiving to you and the family.
Many thanks! Busy as usual. I don't know how not to be busy, but want to learn!
@kobesbuddy (19569)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Oh my gosh, I feel bad about your grand-daughter heal, getting fractured:( That's terrible! So, the newly weds will be living in your home, in Connecticut? That will work out good, for both of you couples 11 for dinner, that's wonderful Mine will be prepared for 2 LOL
If you lived closer, I would definitely invite you!!! I've been sick to my stomach since I heard of her fracture, but her spirits are pretty good. My son was abrupt with me because he was on vacation last week in Texas with his wife. He explained everything to me on Saturday.
@kobesbuddy (19569)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@DianneN That is heart-breaking, for you little grand-daughter:( She's so gifted and has used her talents to their fullest! I feel so bad for her
@kobesbuddy Thanks, but she will be fine, so says the doctor. I'm just grateful that her foot doesn't hurt as much as it did for her first time back on the ice. At least she had enough sense to get off when it hurt. Every day it's a bit better and she's on the ice longer. Still no jumping allowed until she's fully healed. I hope she can make it up and down the stairs here to her bedroom, because I certainly can't carry her anymore! lol
11 people holy wow. Goodluck! Glad they made it back safe
I usually have 13 or more, and always at the dining room table. I think I may need to do a buffet eventually. Running out of room!!! Thank you. I'm happy they make it back safe and sound, too.
@DianneN oh wow we've never had more than 7 people
@Courtlynn People come and go over the years here. Hopefully, no more will go. Happy Thanksgiving to you!
You had plenty of reason for not being here Dianne. I am just back from Italy. Mom has opened her eyes, she is alert and she understand what I say. She has a very hard time speaking, unfortunately the ictus left her half paralyzed. Well, she is alive and now we will see what to do for her comfort.
I'm happy your mother is alert and understands what you say, and most of all, that she survived this! I know what a blessing that is, and hope she makes progress and is comfortable. Take good care of her and let her know how much you love her. I'm sure you already do that. I will keep her in my prayers.
@DianneN I told her Dianne, I stayed there many hours, but she fall asleep after about half an hour I was there. She is not suffering. I with to you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving Dianne.
@LadyDuck Hi, Anna! I'm glad you told her, and even happier that your mother isn't suffering. I hope you are doing ok, too. Thank you! We had the best Thanksgiving ever.
I'm glad they had a wonderful honeymoon. I saw all the pics on FB and gave a like for them. Awesome! I can imagine the work involved in taking care of all those trees. I'm sure you're glad that's done. I'm sorry you had to give Kuma back to her owner. I would think though Doodles would be happy with the arrangement. Didn't you say he tolerated her? I'm glad to hear it's a common break and the doctor isn't too alarmed by it. Still it is a fracture and she does need to be careful. I do hope she is able to dance in her off Broadway show. That would still be great for her. But I understand, for her, ice skating makes the top of her list. Happy Thanksgiving as you get everything ready to celebrate. I love this holiday too.
Thanks! The kids loved their honeymoon, but are having a difficult time adjusting to their sleep patterns. We warned them and they poo-pooed us, but now understand. I haven't had time for Facebook the last couple of days, but thank you! Kuma and Doodles got along surprisingly well. They played and slept together. I do miss her, but my son missed her tremendously. She's daddy's little girl. I doubt very much that my granddaughter will be allowed to tap dance, but she understands. She seems happiest on the ice, and is trying to get well soon. She just sent in her application to a special school in the same school building she is in. I think I mentioned it to you. The school day ends earlier to allow for those who need the time for ice practice, coaching, dancing, acting, etc. The next step would be online schooling. Enjoy your Thanksgiving, too! Are you cooking this year?
@DianneN Yes, you did mention that about your Ice Princess, and I think that's wonderful to have that opportunity. I understand about the time difference. When we came back from Guam, I wanted to sleep all day, but thought I needed to be up for the kids, little realizing they would sleep the day away and I could have too. I'm glad Kuma and Doodles got along well together. I know you miss her. I'm going to my sister's tomorrow. I'm bringing the mashed potatoes and a veggie dish. I'm not cheating on this diet. I weigh in in just another week - December 6. I'm not going to do something stupid at this point in losing weight. I can't wait for my sister and brother to see the amazing change this diet has done. Then I will post those pictures on FB. I am also cooking on Friday for my boys, who refuse, with good reason, to go to my sister or brother's homes for the holidays. So I'll have the full dinner here on Friday as well as partaking in it tomorrow. Thank you and I hope all your food turns out perfect, as I expect it will.
@just4him Glad to hear you are sticking to your diet even during the holidays!!!! My new daughter in law is bringing her own vegan meal and will eat my vegetables and fruit. If I had the time, I would have made it for her. Next time. My son is a vegetarian, so he can pick and choose his favorites. Enjoy your day after Thanksgiving dinner, too. I will have that next year, my off year. Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy yourself!!!! Btw, Dec. 6th is my older son's birthday. I will look for your progress on Facebook and here. I'm sure everyone will be amazed when they see you!!!!!
I hope your granddaughter is going to heal well so she can get back into the swing of things. I wasn't expecting you back so soon what with the holidays and then you going to FL. I tend to worry if someone is gone for a couple of months.
Thanks. She is healing, and that's all that counts. I'm done for the day and want to rest tonight. We have been busy making plans regarding the house and cars for our return to Florida. I certainly won't be here for the next two or three days. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
At least she's young so her bones will heal better than if she'd been older @DianneN It sounds like she has the right attitude to help her heal. I'm really surprised you even have time for Mylot right now with so much going on. I'm glad you checked in though. So you're cooking for 11, YIKES I've never attempted anything like that. I hope everything goes exactly as you planned. Happy Thanksgiving.
@rebelann She just completed an application to attend a special school which caters to figure skaters, actors, and models which lets the kids out earlier for practices. It's in her school building so she'll still see her friends. I hope she gets accepted. As I said, I'm done working for the day and find myLot very relaxing. At least I have the energy tonight. lol Two people can't attend, so it won't be as crowded around the table, thank goodness! My boys and husband are a huge help, especially with the turkey carving and cleaning up.
@KristenH (20489)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Wow. You've been busy. Enjoy your holiday and have a good time with your son and SIL. Poor Ice Princess. I've had a boot when I broke my foot over two decades ago on a cycling trip.(I tripped over the bike.)
Yikes! I hope your foot is okay now and doesn't give you any trouble and LOL!!!!
@KristenH (20489)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@DianneN It's much better, since that happened two decades ago. I hated the walking cast too. No trouble.
@sishy7 (27365)
A lot has been going on around you and you've been busy!
It's always like this for me. Even when I manage to sit down to myLot, the phone rings or the cat wants to go for a walk. lol
• Rochester, New York
Wow you have been a busy bee! Have a wonderful holiday with your family.
Thanks and the same to you, Lisa!!!
You have a great many reasons to be excused from being here so much Enjoy your Thanksgiving. Glad the Ice Princess is doing well.
Thanks so much. I still feel guilty and miss you all. Hugs!
@ilocosboy (33293)
Oh wow, done so many things.
Way too many, but it all must get done.
I oppe the heel will heal fast so she ca opractice all her routieas hope she will get to the olympikcs too
@cahaya1983 (9678)
Wow that is a lot of things happening. Hope everything goes smoothly for the newlyweds and your granddaughter's recovery.
@katsmeow1213 (28938)
It's good to stay busy! I have taken a week off and am finding it slightly boring, LOL. I've caught up on a bit of housework.. my fridge looks brand new after the scrubbing it got yesterday! I had finished all the laundry until I made the boys clean their room. I'm poking around online quite a bit, playing a game on my phone, watching some TV and movies... just vegging and catching up on things I haven't been able to do in a long time. It feels good.
Glad you are enjoying your time off. Happy Thanksgiving to you!!!!
@DianneN And to you as well! Will you be seeing the grandkids for Thanksgiving?
@katsmeow1213 Yes, of course. If not, I would have headed to Florida. lol